Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#692935 05/10/12 02:23 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Taylor's view on the draft, Weeden, and similar topics.

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/index.ssf/2012/05/phil.html

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Good interview. I hope everybody comes in ready to work.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
Ytown did you catch what he said about Colt in the video? Hmm.... lol

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
what did he say?

is there a text version of this video?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

what did he say?

is there a text version of this video?

"not a bad quarterback", great guy, I know he's tough, can't do it all on his own....

nothing really new or shocking...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
He pretty much said Colt is a good guy, but he can't do it by himself.. he needs pieces around him to make him better..

He mentioned in particular we were missing a piece on the o-line at the RT spot.. after that, he just said he needed pieces around him in general.

He said he supports whoever starts though.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
What else is he going to say?

"On defense last year we held the opposition to just 19.2 points per game. If we had a halfway decent QB we might have won more that 4 games"? No chance he ever throws a teammate under the bus.

If you want to see a lot of dancing, try asking him this question: "The offense obviously struggled badly last year. Which unit, QB, RB, OL, or receivers was most to blame?"

You'll never get a straight answer to that because players do not want to throw their teammates under the bus. The closest any player came to that was when Cribbs said that he hated to see McCoy get hurt, but he was excited to see what a QB who knows the offense could do. (or words to that effect)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

The closest any player came to that was when Cribbs said that he hated to see McCoy get hurt, but he was excited to see what a QB who knows the offense could do. (or words to that effect)

I guess that excitement quickly faded.

yebat' Putin
A
Legend
Legend
A
Wow - you just don't quit do you?

Here's a newsflash for you: The Browns have a new starting qb. It's Weeden.

Yet you still want to dump McCoy.

Are you worried that Weeden won't beat out McCoy for the starting job, or what? The job has been handed to Weeden - no if's and's or but's about it.

The starter, as of today, at qb for the Browns is Weeden. If that changes in the future, it's due to injury or the fact that he just doesn't have it yet.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Did I hear a squeak?

Legend
Legend
We got it a long time ago ytown.. you should just make it your signature..

"Anytime somebody says something negative about Colt, they are being honest.. anytime somebody says something positive about Colt, they are being politically correct."

Feel free to use it.

yebat' Putin
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

He pretty much said Colt is a good guy, but he can't do it by himself.. he needs pieces around him to make him better..

He mentioned in particular we were missing a piece on the o-line at the RT spot.. after that, he just said he needed pieces around him in general.

He said he supports whoever starts though.

jc..

Taylor was 100% correct...

Just goes to show, everyone on the team knew what the deal was for the offense last year.

If the play of the Browns supporting cast does not improve, Weeden will look no better than McCoy did...that is, if Weeden wins the starting job.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Did I hear a squeak?

ya know what's really funny Ytown? for months and months quite a few of us have been trying to tell you that while McCoy didn't set the world on fire, that he couldn't do it alone.

Now, our new QB (and make no mistake, he's our new QB unless he's totally flops) has said that same thing,.

You are free to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about and that's fair since I'm not a player or coach or GM in the NFL. but do you wanna tell Weeden that? Do you wanna tell Holmgren or Shurmur or Heckert that.

they all knew the same things.. But, as they should do with every single position, they saw an opportunity to upgrade the position and they took it. I won't fault them for it.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think everyone is in agreement that a Qb cannot do it all by himself. The issue is that many believe that if Colt was the starter for the Patriots or Saints, Steelers or Giants or Packers that he still wouldn't be able to get it done. Others disagree.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

I think everyone is in agreement that a Qb cannot do it all by himself. The issue is that many believe that if Colt was the starter for the Patriots or Saints, Steelers or Giants or Packers that he still wouldn't be able to get it done. Others disagree.

Exactly.

I don't see McCoy as lighting it up no matter what we put around him. I see his ceiling as a (maybe) somewhat competent QB, who can make a play here or there, I just don't see him in the same country, let alone neighborhood, as elite QBs in the NFL. That's not a slam on him. Some guys can, and others can't.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The one thing that still nags me about Colt.
When he came in with his plays the first preseason game. The ones he had been practicing in camp Colt. He looked really really good.

I didnt see that during the season. But it still gives me a glimmer of hope he might someday be a good QB. I would definitely keep him as a back up. There is a slight possibility if Weeden goes down he could come in and be the QB we want him two be. I think he has more of an upside than Seneca.

Joe Thomas #73
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Phil Taylor on Browns Draft

Link Copied to Clipboard