Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Dave #758888 04/07/13 10:13 AM
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Quote:

For #6, we'd get #12, a 2nd rd pick (Miami has #42 & #54), and a 3rd rd pick (#77).

Would do that in a heartbeat. If we're going CB to get a guy opposite Haden, I don't see much difference between Milliner and Rhodes. Second round, we could find an OLB and we'd have two THREES to get a guard, a TE, maybe even a WR.
I have NO interest in Tavon Austin, btw. He won't last in the NFL and we're not that bad at WR anyway. Gordon's a legit No. 1 and Little should take another big step this year.

Dave #758889 04/07/13 11:17 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
As much as I covet Ansah and I recognize the convergence of need and quality that is Milliner, if the option of trading to the twelve spot were to happen I would probably target Austin at that draft position. In my estimation that would help this team significantly. Number 6 overall in exchange for 12, 54, and 146 would give the Browns nine picks. Possibly some of those late round picks could be packaged for a move back toward the top 100 selections.

P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Quote:

I think you understeimate the "transition period" for every NFL rook. Milliner is a carbon copy of Claiborne and he was up and down all 2012 for the Cowboys and that's the norm with every rook player thrown in day 1. Don't expect Milliner to be an above AVG or better CB in his rookie season, that's too much. I'd be happy with a Sheldon Brown-like season, in fact that'd be a GREAT rookie season

Yeah, but he's going to be way better than Rhodes in his rookie season, who I fully expect to be a wreck until year two.

And Milliner will probably be close to a shutdown CB by year two.

Needless to say, I think this team needs to draft Milliner. Contrary to popular belief, there are good 3-4 defenses that don't have elite pass rushers (those late 2000s Jets teams, Horton's very own Cardinals, last year's Steelers), but have good secondaries. And I really don't think this team's pass rush is going to be anything less than average with their current personnel, regardless. It'll probably be significantly above average with how good of a coordinator Horton is.

I'm torn on the idea of trading down. I think this team could use the extra pick(s), but I don't want to see them trade down and end up drafting Rhodes in the middle of the first. I don't like Rhodes at all. Inexperienced armchair analysts only like him because he's tall and fits their idea of the "modern cornerback". I seriously think D.J. Hayden will be a better player — not to say that he wouldn't struggle in that first year as well. But at least some team won't be spending a mid-first round pick on him.

Dave #758891 04/07/13 02:24 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
1. Chiefs Joeckel OT
2. Jags Dion Jordan OLB/DE
3. Raiders Floyd DT
4. Eagles Millner CB
5. Lions Eric Fisher OT
6. Chargers Lane Johnson OT (Browns get the Chargers 2nd)
7. Cards Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB
8. Bills Tavon Austin WR
9. Jets Ezekiel Ansah DE/OLB
10. Titans Star Lotulelei DT
11. Bucs Xavier Rhodes CB (Browns trade their 1st and 3rd for the Bucs 1st and 2nd)
12. Dolphins Kenny Vacarro S
13. Browns Jarvis Jones OLB

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am a big Rhodes fan, so there is no chance we will draft him lol.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
1. Chiefs - Luke Joeckel OT
2. Jags - Dee Millner CB
3. Raiders - Star Lotulelei DT
4. Eagles - Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB
5. Lions - Eric Fisher OT
6. Browns - Geno Smith QB (or Trade Down)
7. Cards - Lane Johnson OT
8. Bills - Bjoern Werner DE/OLB
9. Jets - Arthur Brown LB
10. Titans - Cordarrelle Patterson WR

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
F
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
F
I find it interesting how much some of us differ from pick to pick. This year's draft could prove to be a really baffling one. And guys, the trade with the Chargers in the middle of the 1st Round is just unrealistic. It has "too good to be true" vibes IMO.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Predict the top 10

Link Copied to Clipboard