E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Quote:

Hate his hands.

Also what you have to consider we are talking about him going 2 point. And we ARE going to move him around starting outside coming inside - coming around out side of Kruger...just a varied points of attack. But lets get with Hands. With a DE playing 5tech Who is blocking him? The TE? Then there is coaching ...we got an OLB Coach specifically for Ansah n work on technique. 50% of the Pass Rushers live by the Chop...that is the #1 move with quickness.

You are talking about control the Blockers outside shoulder on runs for a OLB.
You are looking at wrist, elbow or shoulder control with your swipes coupled with a Punch Swim or spin. Shoulder being the highest % of success. Wrist giving you Total Win in the battle.

He's a fast study. We have a specified coach - He has shown Incredible ability to learn technique. This is not Gholston.
JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
After the criticism of his hand use I went back to look at some tape on the draftbreakdown site. There were multiple pass plays showing him having difficulty disengaging from blocks at the POA. At the same time there were multiple plays showing him getting good arm extension and not allowing the OL to get into his body.

I wouldn't expect a highly rated, four year DL prospect to have mastered every nuance of the game. So as a prospect with two years of football under his belt this would not be a dealbreaker for me. With everything else he offers, the versatility, the instinctual play, his ability to stack and shed in the run game,his natural knee bend and ability to gain leverage, his exceptional speed in pursuit of plays away from him; I'd invest NFL coaching in his hand fighting techniques. He needs an array of pass rushing techniques but the foundation is there. Considering his development thus far I'm confident he can learn the intricacies of hand technique.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Add Travis Kelce to the list. If Eifert is out of reach for the Browns and I think he very well maybe; the guy I like best after him is Kelce. There had been no confirmation of any contact between him and the Browns until this...

Cleveland Browns
2013 NFL Draft: Prospects from Cleveland area work out for Browns today
By NATE ULRICH Published: April 12, 2013
Fourteen players from the Cleveland area worked out today at the Browns’ training facility in front of members of the coaching staff and front office, according to the team’s website.

Here is the list of prospects:

Tight ends Travis Kelce (Cleveland Heights High School/University of Cincinnati) and Cordale Scott (Glenville/Toledo); defensive backs Mike Edwards (Glenville/Hawaii), Jamel Johnson (Glenville/Louisiana Tech) and Ashante Williams (Mayfield/Illinois); defensive end Justin Staples (Lakewood St. Edward/Illinois); defensive tackle Steve Bigach (Cleveland St. Ignatius/Iowa); inside linebacker Steve Greer (Solon/Virginia); fullback Daniel Molls (Parma Padua/Toledo); center Matthew Mihalik (Gilmour Academy/Virginia); kickers Matt Weller (Twinsburg/Ohio) and Kevin Harper (Mentor/Pittsburgh); running back Jamaine Cooke (Midpark/Youngstown State); and wide receiver Perez Ashford (Shaker Heights/Northern Illinois).

P
Legend
Legend
P
Matt Weller is an excellent Kicker, i would to bring him in here ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Tracking the Cleveland Browns Draft Interests

looks like they have an updated version of who has been visiting and etc.

Count Toward 30-Player Limit to Headquarters:

QB Geno Smith
QB Matt Barkley
QB E.J. Manuel
QB Matt Scott
WR Tavon Austin
WR Kenny Stills
TE Gavin Escobar
OG Jonathan Cooper
OT Eric Fisher
OT Kyle Long
OG Edmond Kugbila
DT Shariff Floyd
DT Sheldon Richardson
DT Star Lotulelei
DE/OLB Ezekiel Ansah
DE/OLB Dion Jordan
DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo
CB Dee Milliner
CB Tyrann Mathieu
SS Jonathan Cyprien
FS D.J. Swearinger
FS Josh Evans

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Thanks ScottPF...so that is the REAL List as many visits recorded is not at Berea but us going to them...I think we are allotted around 60something of those.

So the 30 visits we have 8 left.

I also think all teams are allowed to give LOCAL workout that do not count to their Visits 30 or 60.

So guys like Warmack who is on our visit list is not on this 30 list??? So we can assume we went there??

I like the 3 OLB - Ansah, Jordan n Mingo
our list of CBs is a lot longer than just the 2 shown visiting here.

Same with Safeties.

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I swear, yesterday I read somewhere or saw on nfl network, about someone making a second visit to cleve. I'm searching but finding nothing at the moment, maybe I dreamt it.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Quote:

I swear, yesterday I read somewhere or saw on nfl network, about someone making a second visit to cleve. I'm searching but finding nothing at the moment, maybe I dreamt it.

I read an article that said we had a 2nd visit with Mingo. It did not state whether it was here or at LSU though so that may be the confusion.

Anyone else wondering if Rubin is dog meat? Why would we bring in the top 3 DT prospects when it is arguably our strongest position. I love Rubin but I do question whether he is a perfect fit for Horton. A guy like Star would make our front 3 the est in the league.

Last edited by predator16; 04/18/13 02:27 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Draft Prospects that have scheduled visits.

Link Copied to Clipboard