Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
pick it apart but I would be happy with this situation:

1) 6# Either Dee Miliner ( if there) or Xavier Rhodes. Either way with no deal with Grimes on the table and a need for a CB opposite Haden, this pick makes sense. Sheldon brown tied Haden with most INT last season with 3, and haden was out for 5 games at least.

2) no pick. I think I am spot on with this pick, what do you all think

3) Shawn Williams SS Georgia. With a backfield of Haden,Ward, Miliner or Rhodes and now Williams; our secondary is set for the next 5+ years. outstanding.

4) Vance McDonald TE Rice. with the lack of experience we have at TE and Cameron still undeveloped Picking up Competition here is a good pick.

5) Kenny Stills WR Okla. Not the outstanding 1st round pick WR we need but can fill the slot position. Little, Gordon and Stills. Cooper and norwood are still raw and we only have 5 on the roster besides Benjamin .

6) J.C. Tretter OG Cornell . 6th round pick OG for depth.. thats about all

6) Caleb Sturgis PK Fla. With Dawson leaving ( bone head move Browns) we have ZERO kickers currently on the roster we have to get one via FA and draft one.

I realize I have NO LB selected but with Kruger, Johnson,DQ,Groves, Acho, Will Gocong still be here?,fort etc. I think we have some good talent at LB.

I didn't select DE or DL because with Taylor,Bryant, Kitchens, Winn and Hughes we have some good talent here also

If we drafted this I would be very happy.. what you all say?

I am the artist that was known as Dawgmanincincy
Legend
Legend
Williams is a SS .... but we already have a SS in Ward. Do you feel that Williams can convert to FS, or do you think that Ward needs to be replaced?

I don't understand that pick.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
Either Williams can be converted or Ward. Ward has played FS before in college I believe. Either way We need a Safety and he is the best available in the 3rd round.

DJ swearinger S. Carolina is there at FS, and I doubt his FS partner at Georgia Rambo will be there IF by freak chance Rambo is there take him over Williams.

With Rhodes still out there in FA and the browns sign him then this pick will obviously change.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
If I knew how to draw a graph easily the X axis would be distance from the line of scrimmage that TJ Ward is currently. The Y axis would be Heldawg's confidence level in TJ Ward from 1 to 100.

And on the graph there would be a straight line starting at the line of scrimmage and 100 going to 40 yards and 1.

Can someone draw this for me?

And no I don't like the idea of TJ Ward as our free safety.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
With all due respect ..... there is no way in hell that Ward can be a FS in any defense. His strengths lie in playing close to the LOS, and playing in the short zones. He is not a FS, and being left hanging out in space would be a disaster.

I think that Williams plays more like a LB than anything resembling a FS, and actually did play LB for a while. He seems more comfortable close to the LOS, much as Ward does, and it seems to me that we would basically be getting almost the same player with Williams.

I think that having Ward and Williams at S would leave huge holes in our defense, as neither has the range to effectively play FS. We would basically be playing 2 SS ..... which might be OK against the run ..... but we would get destroyed by the pass.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
I in NO way said to convert Ward, all I said was he played some in college I believe. No doubt that we need safety help. All I was saying is that Shawn Williams is the best pick available for a need we have. Thats all. IF Rambo FS Georgia is there take him over Williams. but if Rambo is gone and Williams is there and DJ Swearinger is there WIlliams would be the better pick.. All i am saying

D
Legend
Legend
D
I think your graph would look something like this ...

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I think you get the gist of my post.

[Linked Image]
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I can see Rambo being there in the 3rd even the 4th..couple years back Reshad Jones from UGA whom I wanted was a superior prospect to Rambo (with better size, speed, big plays) was a supposed 2-3 round pick who fell to round 5...a lot of small school safeties raising eyebrows this year...which I think will have FS safeties (Rambo, Lester, McDonald) falling some

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

Williams ran a 4.42 at the combine. Yeah, he played strong safety at Georgia but his straight line speed suggest he could be a serviceable free safety. He certainly was a hard hitting physical type of player so he brings those skills too. If the Browns are attacking with the front 7 andl primarily use zone coverage (that's not clear at this time) I think he can play that scheme without being a liability.

On a slightly different topic... Although the picture of Ward being burned by the Steeler WR was clever and timely it might be a tad unfair. I think that was Mike Wallace in that shot. A blazer known for beating many defenses deep. Also, without knowing the coverage the Browns were using, whether this was play action, ect. you can't objectively lay all of the responsibility on Ward for being toasted.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Dawgmans Browns mock ( i hope)

Link Copied to Clipboard