Legend
Legend
D
Cleveland and Oakland may be eying trading down:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...eye-trades-down

Dawg_LB #772717 04/15/13 10:05 AM
Legend
Legend
Be sure to tune in next week when there'll be an article stating that we may be eyeing a trade up!

I love the silly season

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Dawg_LB #772718 04/15/13 10:24 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The article

Oakland Raiders, Cleveland Browns eye trades down?

By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: April 15, 2013 at 08:26 a.m. Updated: April 15, 2013 at 09:00 a.m.

All eight of NFL.com's draft analysts project Florida defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd to the Oakland Raiders with the No. 3 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.

If Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie gets his way, though, he won't be picking in the top five. The Raiders want to trade down to recoup the second-round pick that was sent to the Cincinnati Bengals in the Carson Palmer trade, SI.com's Peter King reported in his "Monday Morning Quarterback."

The Raiders aren't alone. King also writes that the Cleveland Browns "badly" want to trade out of the sixth spot, perhaps with designs on landing West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith a few picks later. The Browns might end up being a "wild card" in the Smith hunt, according to NFL.com's Albert Breer.

It's tough to see the Raiders finding a taker for the third pick in a draft that is so light at the top. The Browns might have better luck if a team such as the Miami Dolphins or San Diego Chargers decides they have to get in front of the Arizona Cardinals to grab one of the triumvirate of elite left tackles: Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson.

Follow Chris Wesseling on Twitter @ChrisWesseling.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
D
Legend
Legend
D
It's the offseason and close to draft time. That entails most articles are 80% bs, 10% extreme bs, and 10% is accurate lolol!!

Don't gag with all the smoke screens!

Dawg_LB #772720 04/15/13 12:53 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I predict at least 2 Trade downs for the Browns. The first will likely be with the Phins and there are a lot of teams that will start wanting to jump up into that 12 to 15 areas as guys they have valued as top guys start to fall. I think it will be Phins and the 49ers, Phins trade up for an OT and 49ers tradeup for either a falling star or the DT from Missouri. Browns will have picks 31, 34, 42, 68, 74, 93 and 104 in the first 4 rounds. i believe that 2nd round area is where the Browns see the most value for their desires.

I think the Jets will end up being the team to take Geno. Rex may want this and Rex may want that but you have a new GM with his job on the line and you are asking him to put his fate into the hands of Sanchez? Not going to happen. I will be surprised if another QB goes in the first but the Browns will take one in the 2nd or 3rd.

I believe Geno is the best QB in this draft class but I dont believe he will be the best in three years from now. That's what makes QB this year so tricky. I dont know if he will be top 5 from this class in 5 years from now.

Mourgrym #772721 04/15/13 02:04 PM
Legend
Legend
Just clicking

Why is Value such a measuring tool? I'd prefer impact over value.

Just as an example (please,, it's an EXAMPLE)

Geno Smith might not be a value at 6, but he could be an impact player. So which is more important?

I was just wondering..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Just clicking

Why is Value such a measuring tool? I'd prefer impact over value.

Just as an example (please,, it's an EXAMPLE)

Geno Smith might not be a value at 6, but he could be an impact player. So which is more important?

I was just wondering..

In the end, all that stuff is garbage. It's all about the player. If you like a guy, and think he fits, but maybe the general consensus is that he should be drafted 10 spots back. If you don't think you can make a move to get a few spots back, why not just take him?

If the Browns feel Geno Smith is an impact player, and at that position, that means franchise QB, then take him!

Is Pittsburgh kicking themselves because maybe they thought they could have traded back some spots and still gotten Roethlisburger?

I'm not saying Geno Smith is a franchise guy, I'm just saying if the Browns' people feel he is, they shouldn't care where he's slotted, you go and draft him.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

In the end, all that stuff is garbage. It's all about the player. If you like a guy, and think he fits, but maybe the general consensus is that he should be drafted 10 spots back. If you don't think you can make a move to get a few spots back, why not just take him?

Couldn't agree more.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Banner = Trade

Link Copied to Clipboard