Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I've put together one of these for the past 3 seasons.. tell me what u think..

1. DeMarcus Milliner – CB - Alabama
3. Bacarri Rambo - S - Georgia
4. Cobi Hamilton – WR - Arkansas
5a. A.J. Klein – ILB – Iowa St.
5b. Travis Long – DE/OLB – Washington St.
6. Jake Stoneburner – TE – Ohio St.
7. Mark Harrison – WR - Rutgers

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Two WRs seems like a waste with the addition of Nelson.

I'd rather grab a G, TE, or another CB in the 4th...

And I'm not too high on Rambo. One of the main reasons I want a 2nd is to get one of the FS that will go there, Rambo seems like a SS playing FS to me..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I appreciate the presentation. Because I'm only lukewarm about drafting MIlliner I haven't considered very many mocks with him at the top. I know he's a very good player but I think CB prospects are very deep this year. In any event, pairing Milliner with Rambo would strengthen the secondary.

I also like getting a look at a couple of prospects I don't know a lot about. Hamilton looks to have some serious burst, that's intriguing. The OLB, Long also not familiar with him so, I will try getting up to speed on those guys.

My own picks would have been different but, as I write that, it seems needless to say because this a a community of contrarians. Anyway, good job, I enjoyed it.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i think Milliner & Rambo would boost our secondary for the better.. there are other options of course...

Milliner is my favorite at corner. For his size, he seems more natural when flipping his hips to make adjustments to the ball. I kind of compare him and Rhodes a lot because they are both very physical and play the run very well. For whatever reason tho, I get the feeling that Rhodes will be moved to safety in 3-4 years. He's not quick enough for me, but he does make up for it (somewhat) with his long reach and great hops.

Besides CB's projected in the 1-3 rounds, does anyone know of any intriguing sleepers?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Besides CB's projected in the 1-3 rounds, does anyone know of any intriguing sleepers?

Yeah, and you don't have to look any further than where you found Rambo.

Sanders Commings, CB, Georgia. When I look at the kid on tape he is fluid in coverage, physical tackler, competed against top tier talent. There were some off field issues and he was suspended for the first two games of the year. If all of that checks out ok, I would consider him with one of our fifth round picks.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Yeah, and you don't have to look any further than where you found Rambo.

Sanders Commings, CB, Georgia. When I look at the kid on tape he is fluid in coverage, physical tackler, competed against top tier talent. There were some off field issues and he was suspended for the first two games of the year. If all of that checks out ok, I would consider jim with one of our fifth round picks.

As a Georgia guy, i dont know why I always overlook Commings.. He's instinctive and seems to always be in the right place at the right time. I think he has potential. One thing I do like about him is that he knows how to use the sidelines to help him in coverage.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Two WRs seems like a waste with the addition of Nelson.

I'd rather grab a G, TE, or another CB in the 4th...

And I'm not too high on Rambo. One of the main reasons I want a 2nd is to get one of the FS that will go there, Rambo seems like a SS playing FS to me..

Rambo is a FS IMO. The only SS part of his game is that he tackles.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

1. DeMarcus Milliner – CB - Alabama
3. Bacarri Rambo - S - Georgia
4. Cobi Hamilton – WR - Arkansas
5a. A.J. Klein – ILB – Iowa St.
5b. Travis Long – DE/OLB – Washington St.
6. Jake Stoneburner – TE – Ohio St.
7. Mark Harrison – WR - Rutgers

I would rather trade back and pick up an additional pick or two, but I wouldn't be upset if Dee Milliner were the selection in the 1st round.

Rambo isn't a bad pick, but I would rather have an interior OL there. Again, trading back and acquiring more selections could make this more acceptable. If we weren't able to trade back (or chose not to do so), I'd rather have the interior OL there.

I like the Cobi Hamilton selection in the 4th. Another tall receiver with abilities to catch the ball and be a productive receiver.

Klein wouldn't be a bad pick to have if we were in the 4-3.

Not sure that Long fits a need other than as depth and we have enough of them on the roster now that can fill the needs. Why add another one?

I like the addition of Stoneburner, maybe a little on the slim side, but he's a decent pass catcher although he shouldn't be counted on to block anyone.

Can't really say anything about Harrison but he fits into the mold of larger receivers. The broken foot could be a hindrance to him but I wouldn't be opposed to using our 7th rounder on him although we do need to get a punter somewhere, and I'd prefer to make sure we got one that we wanted and not one that we settled for because of the post-draft free agent market.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) HotBYoungTurk's 2013 Cleveland Browns Mock Draft

Link Copied to Clipboard