Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
Browns trade the #6 pick to Miami for the #12, #54 and #146 ( the Browns pick is worth 1600 all three picks add up to 1612 pts for Miami even trade)

Round 1 #12, Xavier Rhodes, CB, Fla. St.
Rd 2 #54 Sio Moore, OLB, UCONN
Rd 3 #68 Dj Swearinger, FS, S.Car.
Rd 4 #104 Tavress King, WR, Georgia
Rd 5 #139 Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
rd5 #146 William Cambell , DE, Michigan
RD 5 #164 Robert Lester, SS, Alabama
Rd 6 #175 Jc Treter, OG, Boston College
rd 7 #227 Tommy Bohanon, FB, Wake Forest

Bill Polian (sp) just revealed that Cleveland will take Miliner at #6 on NFL live

I am the artist that was known as Dawgmanincincy
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Quote:

Browns trade the #6 pick to Miami for the #12, #54 and #146 ( the Browns pick is worth 1600 all three picks add up to 1612 pts for Miami even trade)

Bill Polian (sp) just revealed that Cleveland will take Miliner at #6 on NFL live

I wouldn't be upset if the draft worked out this way. I would probably like a TE at 146 over a DE but thats just my opinion.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Nine picks and no Tight End?

1st String
OP Offline
1st String
Quote:

Nine picks and no Tight End?

What is the Dawgtalkers boards obsession about drafting TE? We signed 2 FA this year and have Cameron. We have 5 TE on the Roster as of Now and The Browns have a track record rotating TE along with QB and Coaches.... the carousel has to stop. Time to give Cameron a shot to prove himself this year, same as Weeden, If by chance they fail; there are QB and TE in next years draft.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Everything I know (admittedly that has limits) about Turner's and Chud's offense says TE will be used extensively in their vertical attack. Barnidge nor Davis have shown the skills to be that type TE. To be fair, they were brought in for some reason, it's just not obvious to me what that was. So even with the presence of Cameron the position is thin in my estimation. I consider it thin because even last year when we were not running an offense that necessarily featured the TE we had two, Watson and Cameron who possessed pass catching skills and one of them, Watson, had skills as an inline TE.

You posted the mock so I assumed you were open to feedback. That was the observation that came to mind when I initially read your post.

Maybe I should have also said that you seem to share my desire to fix the secondary by obtaining immediate contributors and depth.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Thanks, Bill. I'm glad I know the pick ahead of time to remove all excitement from watching and waiting on draft night. Way to ruin your own channel's coverage of the draft.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Don't think I'd argue w that one. Think we're definitely taking a tight end though....

P
Legend
Legend
P
I would not be surprised if we trade down with San Diego (11), Miami (12), New Orleans (15), or even Dallas who ALL need a LT (18) ... And draft Tyler Eifert ... JMHO

And Also Then You have the Rams (16) (22) who are desperate to get Tavon Austin ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Alot of teams seem to be going with two TEs. Gronk and Hernandez seem to be the highest profile.Someone posted an interview with a DC who stated how difficult it was to defend two athletic pass catching TEs.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
If we trade down to number 9 or lower, do you think we still have a shot at Milliner?

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

If we trade down to number 9 or lower, do you think we still have a shot at Milliner?

I think it's possible. If he gets past the Lions, I think he could be available at 9.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
If this is what happens I would be happy. I love the trade back then drafts CB/OLB/S. That should be the Browns plan unless some sort of insane drop happens and you have to go BPA.

R
Rookie
Rookie
R
well if they move up from #9 to #6. it might be for millner. it would replace revis. and they still have #13 as well.

1st String
OP Offline
1st String
It is not that I mind the open feedback I Accept it and that is fine. My mock is just that a Mock and an opinion. However, I was referring to the last 3 seasons everyone on here clamors for a TE. Same can be said for QB. I was just wondering what the obsession was. I understand that Turner and Chud style of offense uses the TE a tone, Look at Gates the last 3 years. Keep in mind Cameron didn't play till LATE in the season and never really took flight as of yet. He might shine thru and surprise fans. or he may not, either way he needs a shot first to shine before we turn to another TE,

I might have to Revise this Mock as I din't project a LB being in a prostitution sting

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I went back and looked at your picks again and I can honestly say that if the Browns were able to come away with Rhodes, Swearinger, Moore, Lester and Bohanon I would consider it a successful draft. Replace King with Kelce or Kassa for Campbell and then your mock becomes outstanding. That's just my opinion.

1st String
OP Offline
1st String
I am not sure if Kelce would fit the system.. Vance McDonald might be an option

P
Rookie
Rookie
P
We need an athletic TE to go down the field and catch the ball. We got Kellen Davis because he is giant and is a good blocker. I want someone else to go into the endzone with Cameron... or Gordon or Nelson or Little or Benjamin or Richardson......oh boy fellas I think were gonna be good this year.

GO BROWNS

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

We need an athletic TE to go down the field and catch the ball. We got Kellen Davis because he is giant and is a good blocker. I want someone else to go into the endzone with Cameron... or Gordon or Nelson or Little or Benjamin or Richardson......oh boy fellas I think were gonna be good this year.

GO BROWNS

Travis Kelce may be there in the third.....He's extremely athletic, good size, and has very good hands. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, however.

Tackles are tackles.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Here is Dawgmans final Draft mock for the Browns...

Link Copied to Clipboard