Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
T
the idea here is to get as many picks as possible in the meat of this draft and take advantage of the qb free fall if the bills go with nassib at number 8.

the first trade down starts with miami so they can move up and take LT eric fisher or lane johnson they give us picks 12,42,217. for pick 6,104.

Then we move back 1 more time with the 49's trading pick 12 for picks 31,34,128

ok so heres my mock

1.pick 31 *from 49rs Geno Smith QB WVU
2.pick 34 *from 49rs Larry Warfold OG Kentucky
2.pick 42 *from miami Zach Ertz TE Stanford
3.pick 68 david amerson FS Nebraska
4.pick 128*from 49rs brandon mcgee CB Miami
5.pick 139 nico Johnson Ilb Alabama
5.pick 164*from49rs walter stewart Olb Cincinati
6.pick 175 Brian winters G Kent state
7.pick 217*from miami Marguess wilson WR Washington state
7.pick 227 *from 49rs Brad Wing P LSU

* all the trades i did worked out with the value chart, I tried to make the draft as realistic as possible but I do still understand some of these guys falling to us is still a pipe dream.

Legend
Legend
I like the idea of trading back as many times as we can ...... but I would prefer to see us go for OLB/CB/TE with our top 3 picks ..... at the very least. I do suspect that we'll take a Guard prospect in the 3rd/4th round, but just can't see us going after a Guard much higher than that.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
N
Legend
Legend
N
well, we better hope that SD wants to trade up because it seems like Miami will end up with Albert

#gmstrong
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
I would be on board with all but the first pick. I think I would go best available CB at 31 (Jamar Taylor or Jonathan Banks). And Dysert or Bray at 128 in that scenario.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
agreed. the thought of geno smith at any point ... no like

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
P
All Pro
All Pro
P
If we do get a trade down and pick up a second, In this scenario, I think its still vital to take a CB with whatever pick we have in 1st round
2nd round- I would love to grab Barrett Jones - ALA. This kid is a stud and can play any position on the line. It would shore up our line and make it very flexible in case of injury.
3rd round- BPA as long as it is a Safety/TE/OLB. I would love to grab the top safety on the board here. If we have an additional pick in the third, I think we should grab John Simon.
4th- If no TE yet, Stoneburner would be a nice pick up here.
5th and Beyond- FB, P, WR, and another Safety

T
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
T
i don't think i evaluated my picks enough here.. i put this mock together based on need, value and what each guy can bring to the team.

#1 I for one believe Geno Smith to be a franchise QB, I know theres a ton of debate on this and dont wan to turn this into a QB thread, but i would have no problem if we took him at number 6, i know there are a ton of people that dis agree I just think he's got to be in the right system to be succesful, and I love what Coach Chud did with Cam Newton. I think Chud and Norv can tailor a system in which Geno can be successfull. All the tools are there, the arm strength, the accuracy, the mobility, and most of all the production (47tds against 6 picks, 4600 yards, 71% completion pct)

#2 Larry warfold is a MONSTER and is an outstanding run blocker. We drafted TRICH 3rd overall last year so we need to bring him in a roadgrater thats gunna open up huge holes for him. Theres probly 5/6 gaurds in this draft that could start for us day 1, but Warfold is my favorite for our team, he is a mammoth at 330 lbs and nobody would benefit from this move more than TRICH. Also making the run game more efficient would open up alot of playaction passes allowing guys like gordon and benjamin deep plays down the field.

3# Zach Ertz is a rare big 6'6 Dual threat TE. Theres not a lot of guys that are a threat to catch and block, but this guy does both. Having another guy on the line that can seal the edge and allow Richardson to get to the outside would be a huge bonus to our run game. And lets face it we have no starting calibur TE on our roster Zach Ertz would start from day one, Hes a great route runner and has very reliable hands and hes also a real weapon in the red zone.

#4 I really like David Amerson, but only as a FS, all the tools for this kid are right there. He ran a 4.4 and he has good size 6'1 205, He just has playmaker written all over him. I think he fits perfectly into Ray Hortons attack defense the guy is a complete ballhawk and adding him would amount to a lot of opportunities for INTS which he seams to capitalize on. I still don't like the idea of starting him week 1, he needs to develop and learn how to read a QB and know when to gamble and when not to.

#5 Brandon Mcgee CB Miami I know I know why wait till round 4 to draft a CB when we have a huge glaring need? it's simple we have a ton of wholes to fill and you just cant fill them all in one draft. A lot of people have the idea that we need to get a 1st round cb and plug him in right away at #2 opposite of Hayden. IMO the only corner in ths draft that is ready to start week 1 is Millner and in order to get him we would have to take him at 6 no trade down. I kind of see Brandon Mcgee as a project who could possibly develop into our number 2

#6 Nico Johnson ILB Alabama. I love this kid he is the idea of a fotball player. He's big and strong and does exactly what is expected of him, he makes tackles. I think he could help us immediately in running situations and on the goaline. We would need to rotate him out on passing downs though, he would be a liability in pass coverage and hasn't shown to much ability to rush the passer.

Last edited by thechangeover; 04/25/13 02:04 AM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Mine:

Round 1 at #6--Trade with San Diego (we acquire their #11 and #45)
Round 1 at #11--(CB) Xavier Rhodes (Milliner if he's still there, would also be fine with Desmond Trufant instead of Rhodes)
Round 2 at #45--(S) Phillip Thomas
Round 3 at #68--(OG/OT) Kyle Long
Round 4 at #102--(TE) Travis Kelce
Round 5 at #139--(HB) Marcus Lattimore
Round 6 at #173--(WR) Kenny Stills
Round 6 at #175--(DE) Mallicah Goodman

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Mine:

Round 1 at #11--(CB) Xavier Rhodes (Milliner if he's still there, would also be fine with Desmond Trufant instead of Rhodes)

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Mine:

I would be very happy with this outcome. I'd be very surprised to see Long available at 68, but he might be. Same story with Kelce. If you move Kelce up to 68 and take a guard at 102 or 139, then switch Goodman with a pass rusher, looks like a good plan.

Now, I don't think there will be a tackle available at 6 for someone to trade up for, but in your scenario that's how I'd do it.

*edit* by the way, due to the Colt trade we have 164 instead of 173, plus we have a 7th rounder... something like 227.

Last edited by clevesteve; 04/25/13 10:10 AM.
Legend
Legend
I really want to walk away with viable players at FS, CB, and OG. If those are our first 3 picks, I am one happy guy.

If we trade up to draft Geno/Mingo I will be very angry.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Mine:

I would be very happy with this outcome. I'd be very surprised to see Long available at 68, but he might be. Same story with Kelce. If you move Kelce up to 68 and take a guard at 102 or 139, then switch Goodman with a pass rusher, looks like a good plan.

Now, I don't think there will be a tackle available at 6 for someone to trade up for, but in your scenario that's how I'd do it.

*edit* by the way, due to the Colt trade we have 164 instead of 173, plus we have a 7th rounder... something like 227.

Yeah, if Long is gone by that point, I'd love to see the Browns take Margus Hunt in that spot if he's available. He's a 6'8" 3-4 DE who I think could really turn into a special player with a bit of teaching at the NFL level. He used to be a track and field athlete with the discus and shotput, weighs nearly 280 pounds, and ran a 4.6 40-yard at the combine. He's very raw, only been playing football for three years.

Sorry, I jumbled the numbers of the later picks. We might as well take the best available punter or fullback in the 7th.

Legend
Legend
What makes it so hard to figure out what the Browns are doing is not only the closed nature of this front office ..... but also the fact that we really don't know how the coaching staff sees the players we have at spots like FS and G. I suspect that Horton really likes someone at FS. I can't prove it, but I really do believe that. I have no idea how the coaching staff, and thus the front office, sees the OL in general, and the Guards in particular. We really don't have a clue what they think at this point.

This is a new system on both sides of the ball, so many players are auditioning for new roles on the team. Guard play in the WCO is different than in the Norv/Chud offense.Just looking really quickly, it looks like the Panthers had a 2nd round pick at Guard ..... and a mix of lower picks and UDFA, based on their depth chart on CBS Sports.

Amini Silatolu: 2nd round
Hayworth Hicks: UDFA
Justin Wells: UDFA
Geoff Hangartner: 5th round
Garry Williams: UDFA
Zack Williams: 6th round

So ..... it looks like Chud was of a mind to develop vs drafting Guards.

I would prefer to see us develop Guards as well. I think that it is legitimately a position where you can develop a kid over a number of years.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) dream mock draft scenerio (multiple trade downs)

Link Copied to Clipboard