Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Just tryin' to get the K-9 Consensus

Who Will Be Starter Game 1?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 08/12/14 05:22 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I voted Hoyer.

Because I think a new staff should go with the Vet unless the Rookie is by far and away the better option.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't wanna vote yet. Too early. I want the guy who gives us the best chance to win.

I can't see the results w/out voting, so will someone please tell me the results thus far?

Btw bro................I am praying we don't do what we always do and choose sides. It's starting to get that, as evidenced in the Manziel thread. That's bad for the team.

Let's just let it play out for once w/out choosing a horse.

Legend
Legend
5-3 Hoyer after my Hoyer vote Vers

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
S
Legend
Legend
S
I went with Johnny. I was pretty much dead set on Hoyer starting up until the last few days. There seems to be mumbling across the board from local and national guys that Johnny is gaining ground, and making the best of the opportunities with the first team that he's being given. It seems like they are slowly working him up to starting in Pittsburgh.

I want the best guy to start, although I am a Manziel fan. I'm a bigger fan of the Browns so I want the guy that can help us win now. Which that still may be Manziel.

For everyone acting like it's not fair to Hoyer, I don't think he has done enough to get the benefit of the doubt. A couple nice starts last year, and that's it. Experience sitting behind HOF QB's only goes so far. The NFL isn't fair anyway.

I think the front office may like the idea of him seeing Pittsburgh first. The immediate challenge of playing a division foe, on the road, in week 1, could pay dividends down the line. It also gives both he and Mike Pettine a chance to cement themselves with the team and the town. Imagine being able to say a rookie head coach and a rookie QB went on the road in Pittsburgh and won in their first game. That's the kind of moment that turns franchises around.

I do love these people making arguments against starting Manziel, as if he would be walking into Three Rivers and facing the Steel Curtain. Pittsburgh finished out of the top 10 in total defense last year, but the two years prior they were #1. Even then, their defense doesn't scare me all that much anymore, and the last few years I've felt like it was more us trotting out bad QB's amongst other factors, than it was the Steelers being this big bad bully.

I hate putting anything more than being football starved into preseason games, but I really think we will have a better idea after Monday.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I voted Hoyer.

Because I think a new staff should go with the Vet unless the Rookie is by far and away the better option.

Agreed. Plus, once they go to Manziel, it's AWFULLY tough to go back.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Where is the Connor Shaw option? He gets my vote.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk K-9 Consensus So Who's Gonna Start vs Pittsburgh?

Link Copied to Clipboard