CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
inb4"ithoughtthistopicwasaboutyou"

Alright, so the other day Boehner responded to Obama's free college plan with Taylor Swift .gifs

http://www.speaker.gov/general/12-taylor-swift-reactions-president-obamas-free-college-idea

And now the Guardian literally has someone on their payroll who translates Obama's speeches into emojis.

https://twitter.com/emojibama

Please post similar stories of ridiculousness from prestigious outlets just being on one. I really don't want to have faith in Humanity after this topic.

Legend
Legend
Taylor seems to be pretty Swift.

Legend
Legend
Lol, so how much tax payers money went to making Taylor swift gifs on an official government website?

And 40 talks about republicans and being fiscally responsible. Lol

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
saywhat

Well he is pandering to his base. They need the pictures to keep their attention and to try and tell them the story since reading isn't among their skillsets.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
It wasn't until I'd read the entire page that I looked up to see the web address.

Wow.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
Lol, so how much tax payers money went to making Taylor swift gifs on an official government website?

I'm fairly sure it's nowhere near the more than $1 Billion that was spent on the obummercare website that still barely works. Seeing as all those GIFs are already on the internet, they probably spent a few thousand dollars in finding the GIFs and building a page. It looks more to me like a lousy attempt for the Speaker to appeal to a younger crowd. He shouldn't pander to them.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
LOL @ the cost involved. I know people who could have thrown that page together, gifs and all, in about an hour. (or less) Some volunteer probably made that page in their own free time. It is hardly some super complicated effort.

I just wonder if Miss Swift gave her permission to have her image used in that regard?

I thought that both links were kind of .... dumb. Oh well, that's no difference from most political affairs.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
LOL @ the cost involved. I know people who could have thrown that page together, gifs and all, in about an hour. (or less) Some volunteer probably made that page in their own free time. It is hardly some super complicated effort.

Agreed. In full.

It reminded me of something I once saw on a Geocities site, way back in 1999.

"Slapdash," anyone?

I take more care in posting to this site.... and I only care about 'getting my message out' to a bunch of rabid Browns fans.

All politics aside, this $#!t was truly weak.

Weak Game hurts more than it helps.
Make a Real Statement, or stay silent.

This was a time best served by remaining mute.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think it's a clever and effective way to make a political point and an attempt to target young TS fans. I think it would be easy to create a similar democratic one with Pat Boone.

Of course these things are simple to counter with facts.

The emojibama is kind of lame and the emperor theme is so tired it's just demonstrating sore loser ignorance.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

I just wonder if Miss Swift gave her permission to have her image used in that regard?

I thought that both links were kind of .... dumb. Oh well, that's no difference from most political affairs.

YT... Do you seriously think that the speaker.gov page was thrown together in an hour by some intern? LMAO

Even though the finished product in an attempt to be cool or modern looks that way, the sad truth is that anything like that most likely involved a highly paid PR team. Somebody to whiteboard the idea, writers, graphics artist, web devs and of course hours of review and thought to prevent potential backlash and or political suicide.

I'd bet it cost $50K if it cost a nickel.

I'd absolutely love to see the real figure... If anybody could get the truth out of them.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/22/15 02:53 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
That page was thrown together in about an hour. It would not surprise me one bit if it was done by an intern.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

I'm fairly sure it's nowhere near the more than $1 Billion that was spent on the obummercare website that still barely works. Seeing as all those GIFs are already on the internet, they probably spent a few thousand dollars in finding the GIFs and building a page. It looks more to me like a lousy attempt for the Speaker to appeal to a younger crowd. He shouldn't pander to them.

Lol see? That's why the right wing won't be sniffing the White House.

All you guys do is try to spin the problem on somebody else.

Here's the facts: a republican just spent our tax payer money on a wasteful website trying to attack obama. The same people who try to claim they are "fiscally responsible "

It's like all Yall do on this board is "but, but but obama!!!!" Two wrongs don't make a right.

If you and others can't see the hypocrisy of a government official wasting our money, no matter what the amount is, then you're part of the problem.

Both parties suck. But republicans seem to think its a competition to see who can suck the most. And Yall are definitely winning.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

Lol see? That's why the right wing won't be sniffing the White House.

All you guys do is try to spin the problem on somebody else.

Here's the facts: a republican just spent our tax payer money on a wasteful website trying to attack obama. The same people who try to claim they are "fiscally responsible "

It's like all Yall do on this board is "but, but but obama!!!!" Two wrongs don't make a right.

If you and others can't see the hypocrisy of a government official wasting our money, no matter what the amount is, then you're part of the problem.

Both parties suck. But republicans seem to think its a competition to see who can suck the most. And Yall are definitely winning.

What about the Obama administration giving Iran 12 billion dollars. Or the money Kerry spent to take James Taylor to France and embarrass our whole country.

And the billions the smart democrats are spending on cell phones for hookers and drug dealers. And if you don't think that is who is getting Obamaphones, I will take you to work with me and you can see it first hand.

Increasing the deficit by 8 trillion dollars in six years, yeah they are the smart ones..GMAFB

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Ridiculous People Who Have No Idea

Link Copied to Clipboard