Print Thread
#973827 07/02/15 09:52 AM
I
I_Rogue Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I
I did not know this. I tie my walking shoes wrong. Or, at least could do much better. :-(

Web site

There is also a show I have seen on NatGeo that is funny and informative from David Reese. He has an episode called "How to Tie Your Shoes". I do use a paratrooper lacing technique on my boots that I learned from the show.

He also teaches you how to dig a hole, shake hands, swat a fly, make TV commercial ice cubes, etc... :-)

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
Legend
Legend
So ..... how do you unlock them? crazy lol

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

That entails standing on ones head and taking your left hand to....

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Guess that means that I am wearing this pair of shoes forever .... crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend

Guess that means that I am wearing this pair of shoes forever .... crazy

So you tied them already??? rofl

Legend
Legend
Well ..... I wanted to try it out ...... and then realized that I am stuck. crazy

F
Legend
Legend
F
Well ..... I wanted to try it out ...... and then realized that I am stuck. crazy

There is a special tool they can sell you to unlock the laces, buy now and they'll send you 2 for the price of one.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan

There is a special tool they can sell you to unlock the laces, buy now and they'll send you 2 for the price of one.

$750.00 per tool!
IRouge is the distributor!

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 07/02/15 11:42 AM.
Legend
Legend
Never mind. I used a hacksaw. It got a little bloody, but the shoes are off.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

So THAT'S why the guy sawed his foot off in the first SAW movie.

Am I the only one above the age of 6 who still double-knots his shoelaces? My shoes never come untied when I'm out and about.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Lemmys_Wart

Am I the only one above the age of 6 who still double-knots his shoelaces? My shoes never come untied when I'm out and about.

That's not the point of this though. This is to make your shoes fit tighter, so your feet don't slide around inside the shoe.

I actually saw this quite a while ago, but I have never tried it. Maybe I will, when I find out how to release the "lock". (seriously) Maybe it just pulls out, or maybe you pull up instead of down ..... but I haven't seen anything about how to undo the lock aspect. (though I really haven't looked all that hard)

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

No, but the only one younger than 60 and older than 6.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I know that wasn't the point, I was just curious.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
That seems about right.

A
Legend
Legend
A

I'm not a big shoe guy. I go through a pair of shoes every 3 months or so. I buy whats on sale - and the size ranges from 10-12 - even in the same brand. (I've tried the expensive shoes - they don't last any longer than the cheap ones for me)

I tie them once - first time I wear them. Loose - then, I'm done. They slip on, they slip off - no need for tying ever again. No double knot. If the size 10 hurts my toes - oh well, they'll be gone in 3 months. If the size 12 allows my foot to slide - oh well, they'll be gone in 3 months.

I don't run, mind you - but I don't get blisters either.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Really, you just untie your shoe, then just pull the lace back through the lock loop, and to undo the double eyelet loop, just pull it through again. If you have fat fingers you may need something to get under the loop/eyelet space and loosen it a bit, but it does come out easily.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan

$750.00 per tool!
IRouge is the distributor!

Is that the same company that sells this... (I think the sound is crap on this clip :p)

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
How in the hell can you wear out shoes in three months? My grass cutting shoes are 20 years old, my work out shoes are 15 years old and have to have a few thousand miles on them, and my everyday shoes (I have two pair, one pair for rainy or snowy days those are about 10 years old and one for nice days which are going on 5 years old)

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
How in the hell can you wear out shoes in three months? My grass cutting shoes are 20 years old, my work out shoes are 15 years old and have to have a few thousand miles on them, and my everyday shoes (I have two pair, one pair for rainy or snowy days those are about 10 years old and one for nice days which are going on 5 years old)

Serious runners will get a new pair around 400 to 450 miles. The thing for you to do is to get to know the local runners and go to their garage sales.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
They dont sell Cleveland Browns shoes at garage shoes, and that is all I wear, even to weddings and funerals smile

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

Quote:
Someone figured out the purpose of the extra shoelace hole on your running shoes — and it will blow your mind

I'm disappointed.

It was interesting and something I never knew, however, It did not blow my mind.

I love how everything is over-exaggerated anymore. If tying shoes blow your mind, there's a good chance the individual needs to get out more. But that's my opinion. tongue

*edit* btw the conversation (Ytown, etc) before mine on unlocking them was funny.

Last edited by ScottPlayersFacemask; 07/03/15 05:50 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My shoes have locks... brownie

A
Legend
Legend
A
When my knees start to hurt......and then my calves start to hurt - it's a "time for new shoes" kind of thing.

My shoes get wet - from the moment I start working. They stay wet till I'm done working.

Alternate shoes - have 2 pair - wear one pair one day, then the other pair the next day.

Yup - doing it. I still get about 6-7 months out of the 2 pair.

Now - when I'm done with them for work - I do use them for mowing, etc. But, going through so many shoes, I just toss my old "out in the yard" shoes and replace them.

Now - for shoes OTHER than work - yeah. I have "go to the ball park" or "I need clean shoes" shoes (tennis shoes). The pair I have now is probably 10 years old.

Dress shoes - only reason they get replaced is because my wife says I'm out of style.

Hiking boots (which I use for hiking to my hunting areas), they're probably 18 years old.

It's not like I wear out all my shoes - just my work shoes.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... How to Tie your Shoe

Link Copied to Clipboard