Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
I've been very cautious about our team and was not all in with they Hype, from the get go I said the OL was not up to the hype.

I think they have fixed their game and will start playing together as ONE UNIT. That is key.

Our Defense and Special Teams is doing well. More scoring from the Offense will be the cure all.

Its starts this week...All in from here on in.

As I was cautious before to crown ourselves as a SB contender.
Now I'm letting loose and claiming that we will win our last 9 games.

Diam are you in? lol

This is going to be fun to watch as the past games were not much fun. We coulda shoulda most of those games but were not ready to win.

Now we are - Ready Set Go!

Just my humble opinon

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Don't forget to take your meds this mourning

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Blame it on the OL...

Honestly, until we start playing football, I don't see us starting to win. And we lost to the Jets, remember...

Legend
Legend
Lemme guess, people are gonna declare the browns fixed if we start beating up on teams who happen to be worse than us?

We fell for the same trap last year.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Blame it on the OL...

Honestly, until we start playing football, I don't see us starting to win. And we lost to the Jets, remember...

We did not lose to the Jets superconfused

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
With the state of our team from a coaching perspective, QB perspective, discipline perspective ... there’s NO WAY I can see us finishing higher than .500 right now. Teams like PIttsburgh, Buffalo, Arizona have less talent ... but are better teams

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg
Blame it on the OL...

#fakenews

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Blame it on the OL...

My bad... sorry no excuses here

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Swish
Lemme guess, people are gonna declare the browns fixed if we start beating up on teams who happen to be worse than us?

We fell for the same trap last year.

If we win all our division games you'll be doing backflips... you know it.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't know tab. The grades came out on our "new LT" after the last game and it was worse, not better. It was a shoot yourself in the foot move. Who knew? wink

But I agree it has to start with beating the bad teams first and work your way up from there. Hopefully you're right. But after what I've seen thus far, I'm in seeing is believing mode.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Blame it on the OL...

My bad... sorry no excuses here

Well, we played badly enough that even though we won, it felt like a loss.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Possible but we need to cut down on stupid penalties and TO's as we all know ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oh eo....how I wish, but a 9 game winning streak??????...

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Nope. This won't happen.

Fire Freddie Kitchens.

Legend
Legend
jc

man im just sick and tired of sucking every single year man. im sick and tired of having to hold on to 02-03 and 07-08 season, the ONLY time we had a winning record. im tired of having to hold on to individual games as a browns fan.

once again, the life is sucked out because we have all this talent, and still cant do a damn thing with it. just like 08. i swear to god we have to be cursed. there's just no other explanation at this point.

i just want to have a team to be proud of man. even the freaking jaguars have seasons they're decent, or like this season they're doing fine with a freaking backup.

we never catch breaks like that. man......

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
i mean damn i was 15 the last time we went to the playoffs that 02-03 season.

how much longer do we all have to wait?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
i mean damn i was 50 the last time we went to the playoffs that 02-03 season.

how much longer do we all have to wait?

Legend
Legend
We all feel ya Swish, we’re tired of the same old crap. Even this year seems to be WORSE because we had some hope.

Crappy coach, crappy QB, drama, near the bottom of the league in a lot of categories, and draft talk on the way

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
A month of high expectations was a real sugar high for a change. But I don't think we are doing much right, certainly not enough to win yet. But I hope to get some wins starting this week.

I am really tired of the interviews telling fans what we have to do for Browns to win. Feels like sludge. If it is all that clear and obvious with reporters after the fact, why isn't it painfully obvious in the game? Get your head outta the sand and do it on the field. I guess I might feel like we are in it together if it seemed like this group cared more than they have shown. MUST BE indifferent if it isn't corrected rather than same sins week after week. This isn't fair; it is real.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
O
Legend
Legend
O
We gotta start by being able to beat bad teams. I'm fine starting there.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
LETS GOOOOOOOOO .... thumbsup

Heck Ya I’m in bro ..

My optimism ain’t helped much so far but I have two choices .... tuck my tail between my legs and be bummed and/or whine like most or just stay positive and at least enjoy the week leading up to the game ... thats all I can control ... thumbsup

So yup .... ALL IN HERE BROTHER ...

LETS GOOOOOOOO .... thumbsup

Legend
Legend

Hell yes. Sign me up.

11-5 that is what the doctor ordered.

Not going to give in and mope around. Remain positive. That's the motto.

Why not us? The talent to do it is on the team. It is a matter of not beating yourself.

The 49ers and Titans beat us soundly. Without ghastly mistakes and penalties the games against the Rams, Pats, Seahawks were games we were in.

The schedule in front is doable. But no matter what team you play you can not expect to win and commit costly penalties and turn it over.

We can do this. Just play mistake free and see what happens.

I would rather take that mind set than just give up and accept losing.

Legend
Legend
It's possible.

Last year the Colts started out 1-5. Playoff hopes are dead, right?

Well ... they only lost one game over the next 10 games, and wound up 10-6.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Colin Cowherd says we're going on a run and finish 9-7. What could go wrong?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: eotab
I've been very cautious about our team and was not all in with they Hype, from the get go I said the OL was not up to the hype.

I think they have fixed their game and will start playing together as ONE UNIT. That is key.

Our Defense and Special Teams is doing well. More scoring from the Offense will be the cure all.

Its starts this week...All in from here on in.

As I was cautious before to crown ourselves as a SB contender.
Now I'm letting loose and claiming that we will win our last 9 games.

Diam are you in? lol

This is going to be fun to watch as the past games were not much fun. We coulda shoulda most of those games but were not ready to win.

Now we are - Ready Set Go!

Just my humble opinon

Are you just saying this because we are now in the "easier" part of the schedule?

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
This team was fools gold as I expected from the start
Kitchens never was a HC at any level and BM can't adjust to adjustments.
Trading Zeitler for OBJ weakened the offense
This isn't a team that can automatically flip the switch and go " ok lets go 9 and 0"
It's a team that is loaded with talent but it ls a soft team.
Talent means nothing when some are more intrested in " marketing their own brand" than actually winning
This team shows games are won on Sundays not the off season

Legend
Legend
Let's start with one

<><

#gmstrong
C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
I can’t believe some team hasn’t hired him as GM, he has all the answers.

B
Legend
Legend
B

That is pretty much what I think. We can win 7 or 8 of the remaining 9 games.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I’ve said it a few times, but IMO the key will be the next two weeks ...we gotta win at Denver and against Buffalo. Both are 50/50 games. We’ve already lost a few of these tossup types (TEN, LAR, SEA) and we have to get these two. If we lose one of them IMO we’re done

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

I’ve said it a few times, but IMO the key will be the next two weeks ...we gotta win at Denver and against Buffalo. Both are 50/50 games. We’ve already lost a few of these tossup types (TEN, LAR, SEA) and we have to get these two. If we lose one of them IMO we’re done

I sort of agree - but we could win ugly and undisciplined and still look like crap and be in trouble. Or we can split the next 2 games and look like a cohesive, disciplined team and I think most will be okay. Other than Baker taking a step backwards in his QB play - the way the team is coached and prepared and undisciplined is by far the biggest issue I am concerned about. Seeing that addressed and improved has to happen if we are going to win 7 of 9 .... jmo

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

I sort of agree - but we could win ugly and undisciplined and still look like crap and be in trouble. Or we can split the next 2 games and look like a cohesive, disciplined team and I think most will be okay. Other than Baker taking a step backwards in his QB play - the way the team is coached and prepared and undisciplined is by far the biggest issue I am concerned about. Seeing that addressed and improved has to happen if we are going to win 7 of 9 .... jmo
yeah, there’s no question that we have to “look good” ... but we’re also at the point where wins must start accumulating too. We can’t afford many losses, especially considering we know we won’t sweep the division

All Pro
All Pro
I'm going to stick with 8-8. The Browns are a middle of the pack team this year. I still believe that. They'll beat bad to average teams but can't hang with the big dogs yet.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think we looked like crap against the Jets. We also didn't look good against Baltimore, but we snuck in the win there. At this point, beating the Ravens like we did is the most important game to date.

We could look like crap against Denver and still win. We are catching Denver at their worst time.

Our defense is also the most important factor the next four games. Don't let the backup quarterbacks beat you and keep the pressure off the offense.

People are going to change their tune about us and it'll be fun to see us "in the hunt" soon on the tv screen when they show the potential playoffs.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: jeepnstein
I'm going to stick with 8-8. The Browns are a middle of the pack team this year. I still believe that. They'll beat bad to average teams but can't hang with the big dogs yet.

We don't face any "big dogs" the rest of the season, which is nice.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Hope you're right EO!

Won't be easy, but is possible. The two biggest things are not playing like the "old Browns". We gave away games vs the Rams, Seahawks and Patriots by just doing things that should never happen, both in terms of bad play and in terms of extreme outlier luck. The 2nd thing is the Refs.

People keep saying "cut down on penalties", about 50% of our Penalties have been phantom calls, there's simply no way to cut down on them, hopefully we can cut the other 50% though and win in spite of the Refs, and/or maybe we become profitable and they start calling things for us too.

Few hurdles still left on the schdule. You know the Steelers and Ravens will play us tough and look for us to be the "old Browns". Cardinals only lost by 3 to the 49ers last night. They're not gonna be the free win they were at the start of the season (when the Ravens got to play them of course, thanks NFL)

Even if we miss the playoffs but end up 5-1 in the division I'll be pretty happy with the season.

go browns!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: myka
Cardinals only lost by 3 to the 49ers last night. They're not gonna be the free win they were at the start of the season (when the Ravens got to play them of course, thanks NFL)
Eh, they have lost to every decent team they have played. They beat bengals, falcons, and giants, and have a horrible secondary (they give up about 280 a game in the air I believe).

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: myka

People keep saying "cut down on penalties", about 50% of our Penalties have been phantom calls, there's simply no way to cut down on them,

Certainly the bad ref calls stick in the mind. But there have been relatively few in reality. On average *maybe* 2 a game if we are truly generous? While total we are at what - 8 or 9 a game? And most teams have those bad ref calls in their totals as well.

Last edited by mgh888; 11/01/19 04:19 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
The entire league is suffering from horrible officiating. It’s not just the browns.

People need to stop blaming the refs for why our team is playing like ass.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 9 game winning streak will start now!

Link Copied to Clipboard