Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1641933 07/23/19 03:13 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Well, the house is cleaned, and I just picked up my new dog Dobby. He's checking the house over with a finely tuned nose, and is just now learning to stay out of trash cans. crazy

He knows basic stuff, but he'll learn. He's already attached to me, so that's both good and bad. I will be cage training him so he doesn't get in trouble when I have to be out of my house.

He's a good dog, and a fine successor to Duke's legacy.

Pictures will follow.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Congrats!
A puppy or an older rescue?

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
He's 13 months old. He's the perfect age to teach without breaking lots of bad habits. He seems to be housebroken.

He's the sweetest dog, but he "presented poorly" at Angels. He would snarl whenever anyone came by his cage, so a lot of people passed him by. When the girl brought him onto their enclosed patio, he was sweet and affectionate, and while he's a smaller dog, (only 45#, and almost fully grown) I just knew he was the right dog for me.

He met my mom at her house, and he met the vet. lol They really cared for Duke, so I wanted them to meet Dobby before I had to take him in for anything. My brother will be over later to meet him as well.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Great to hear! nanner

What breed? A mix? 101 different flavors?

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
He is a Doberman mix.

He's almost fully grown, but he's only around 45#. He appears to have grown into his feet though.

Legend
Legend
Congrats! I just got myself a one year old cat from the shelter last Friday ... very clingy, but very sweet. He’s never had a home and is adjusting very well so far.

Enjoy your new journey!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Is it "DAH-BEE", like Bobby, or is it DOH-BEE, like Dobie Gillis?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Congrats on your new cat. Just be aware that even when cats are being loving and affectionate towards you, they are plotting your murder.

wink

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
Congrats on your new cat. Just be aware that even when cats are being loving and affectionate towards you, they are plotting your murder.

wink
haha his plan to take over the house has commenced smile

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

It's Dobby like Doberman!

Come on man.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Yeah, you know that cute weaving in-and-out around your ankles that cats do? Its not so endearing when you're walking down stairs with your arms full of laundry ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

It's Dobby like Doberman!

Come on man.

Hey, you're the one who spelled it wrong.
wink

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
It's Dah Bee.

Evidently it's a Harry Potter thing. crazy

D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm not familiar with Harry. Anyway, its to-may-toe, to-mah-toe ... I think his name should be "Lucky" because he hit the doggy Lotto. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Or getting head butted during the middle of the night like an MMA fighter
Yeah, you know that cute weaving in-and-out around your ankles that cats do? Its not so endearing when you're walking down stairs with your arms full of laundry ...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
It's Dah Bee.

Evidently it's a Harry Potter thing. crazy

Yes, your new pet is a house elf. thumbsup

Its good. My Dad had australian shepherd named Muggles.
(Another Harry Potter thing)

No Craps Given
L
Legend
Legend
L
I thing it should be spelled and pronounced as 'dobie', like gillis, either that or doobie.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Dobie Gillis was a great show, so I concur smile

S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S

My left ankle agrees with you. Almost 2.5 years later and it still doesn't feel quite right.

Legend
Legend
You spelled Doobie wrong.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
B
Legend
Legend
B
That didn't take long.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Ehh .. don’t give me second thoughts guys rofl
Originally Posted By: sham63

My left ankle agrees with you. Almost 2.5 years later and it still doesn't feel quite right.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Dobbie is a little mouthy so far .... not surprising for a young guy. He wants to try to smell, taste, and chew on just about everything. He finds water bottles in the recycling bin in my office to be particularly irresistible. He slept on my bed last night, and other than thinking, at first, that it was a game where the object was to chew on my hands ... he was pretty good.

Angels said that he was not really housebroken, but he has only gone outside so far. He woke me up this morning, and did all of his business outside, just like he should have.

He gets these wild bursts of energy where he goes flying through the house, up and down the stairs, and then he lays down wherever I am.

I haven't got him to hold still long enough to get a good picture of him, but I may put his Angels picture up in a bit.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
OK, let's see if this works.

This is Dobby when he was out at Angels for Animals. He's a good kid. laugh

Legend
Legend
Good looking pup. I think it’s typical for the adopted ones to be a bit skittish to start (I’m experiencing that too) ... hard to sit still and aren’t quite in their groove yet

Legend
Legend
Hope Dobby gets you housebroken LOL. Congrats on your new best friend. Be great for each other! Dog crush!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Congrats on your new cat! Hope it goes well for you both. Our rescue is really spoiled, but she is loved.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I should have changed Dobbie's name to "Loki" ..... because he is complete mischief. He likes to steal things .... preferably to chew up. He's got, so far, 3 belts, 2 pants, a pair of scissors and a steak knife, crazy a slipper, then, after being scolded, he took the other one while I was in the shower ... and ripped them to shreds. I forgot the joys of having a puppy. lol

He also does "puppy mania" at least once a day ..... either outside, running like a madman from the deck to the back yard, and back again, as fast as he can for about 10 trips back and forth ..... or running through the house, starting on the bed, up and down the stairs, sliding around on the floors ...... then finally back to bed to take a nap. He's a nut! rofl

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I should have changed Dobbie's name to "Loki" ..... because he is complete mischief. He likes to steal things .... preferably to chew up. He's got, so far, 3 belts, 2 pants, a pair of scissors and a steak knife, crazy a slipper, then, after being scolded, he took the other one while I was in the shower ... and ripped them to shreds. I forgot the joys of having a puppy. lol

He nanner also does "puppy mania" at least once a day ..... either outside, running like a madman from the deck to the back yard, and back again, as fast as he can for about 10 trips back and forth ..... or running through the house, starting on the bed, up and down the stairs, sliding around on the floors ...... then finally back to bed to take a nap. He's a nut! rofl

Congrats!!!

THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT! nanner

Legend
Legend
The smart ones make a game out of everything.

Bella used to steal something, then prance around in front of us like a show pony, inviting us to give chase.

Hard to keep a totally tidy house, so you have to find some way to incentivize him. Each time you catch him with contraband, say "Trade up!" and hand him a treat or legal toy. Praise him lavishly when he takes the approved item (your praise and affection is like crack to dogs) and say "Leave it," as you show him the forbidden item.

This worked very well for us.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: TTTDawg

He nanner also does "puppy mania" at least once a day ..... either outside, running like a madman from the deck to the back yard, and back again, as fast as he can for about 10 trips back and forth ..... or running through the house, starting on the bed, up and down the stairs, sliding around on the floors ...... then finally back to bed to take a nap. He's a nut! rofl

Congrats!!!

Probably not the most accurate song/vid here, but: That's what it's all about, right?

A
Legend
Legend
A
Stuff happens. Dogs are dogs.

2 days ago I noticed some chewed up napkins and kleenex in my daughter's room.

Yup, this afternoon on 'pick up poo before it rains ' patrol...........I found the napkin and kleenex pieces.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Originally Posted By: TTTDawg

Congrats!!!

Probably not the most accurate song/vid here, but: That's what it's all about, right?

Yeah, but so is.....putting your left foot in, etc, etc.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... It's Dobby's Time!

Link Copied to Clipboard