Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
https://www.nfl.com/news/former-seahawks-wr-josh-gordon-submits-letter-for-reinstatement

Josh Gordon is again awaiting Commissioner Roger Goodell's decision on his future.

Gordon on Wednesday submitted his letter for reinstatement to the NFL, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported, per a source informed of the situation. Gordon has been running routes in Seattle in preparation for a return to the NFL with the hope he can have his indefinite suspension lifted in time for training camp, Pelissero added.

Gordon was suspended in December after five games with the Seahawks for violating the NFL's policies on performance-enhancing substances and substances of abuse, his fifth league-imposed suspension in eight years (the Browns also suspended him in 2014). Gordon was suspended indefinitely twice for such violations, first in 2018 and again near the end of 2019.

"Josh had a lapse because of his brother's death," Gordon's lawyer, Adam Kenner, told Pelissero regarding his client's last suspension. "That set him back. But since that time, he has realized how important it is for him to take the right steps, do what's proper, and understand how to manage these issues. He's installed the right team around him to make sure he's on the right path. He understands he's been given every chance. He looks forward to making the most of this."

The receiver has been through the application for reinstatement process before and has even been denied reinstatement once in 2017 before being approved in November of that year.

Despite his many struggles with staying on the field, Gordon is still a year shy of 30 and is hoping to find a way back onto an NFL field. He's been in the league since 2012 but has only played in 63 games (50.8 percent of a possible 128 career games), meaning he shouldn't have as much wear and tear as a typical 29-year-old receiver.

When healthy and available, Gordon has proven capable of making significant contributions for his team, leading the league in receiving yards in less than a full season in 2013. Gordon was named a first-team All-Pro for that campaign and earned a trip to the Pro Bowl in the following season before missing the entirety of the next two seasons due to suspension. He also compiled the fourth-most receiving yards in his first two seasons in NFL history, trailing only Odell Beckham Jr., Randy Moss and Jerry Rice.

Because of a lack of availability, Gordon hasn't broken 1,000 yards since, but his flashes of greatness displayed in the small spaces of time in which he's played have always left those watching wondering what could be. He might get yet another chance to prove it this fall.

Is it that time of year already?

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Song Remains the Same.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

You post this with no music video to go with it? Oh the shame of it all!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What a waste of talent.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
Round and Round ... what comes around goes around

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

You post this with no music video to go with it? Oh the shame of it all!

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Josh Gordon is a good receiver if he can get on the field and play. thumbsup

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
What a waste of talent....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
Josh Gordon applies for reinstatement; also known as "June".

M
Legend
Legend
M

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
When Josh was here I always liked him and hoped he could overcome his problems. I still do. Josh I wish you the best and hope you get reinstated.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

How many times has his brother died? This is just meathead being meathead. It's his nature. He doesn't like football. He wants to be reinstated so he can make more money so he can party more. Once the ink is dried on the contract and he gets those fat checks he will revert to his natural state. Stoned and suspended.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
E
Legend
Legend
E
He's an addict pure and simple...There will always be some excuse for relapsing.
As for reinstating.

The NFL should have him be tested twice a week and if he can stay clean for an entire year...then I think he should be reinstated.

Wasted talent for sure...smh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
WWy would anyone sign him? He just wastes teams time, resources and focus that could be spent on real players.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Color me embarrassed for this guy. Lightning to watch. Pulled for him to get healthy before and I still wish him to overcome this addiction. But not in the NFL. It is the common factor in his football failures.

I have raised the question before, and it gets ludicrous as we punish folks and all ow them to return to their ways. What do you need to do to be told "Enough!" and be banned for life. It is a privilege. Just because you can play at this level does not mandate that you MUST play at this level. He surely will cut your squad's throat, probably in the clutch. Pass on this player who has had enough chances to succeed. Seems to be looking for the next enabler.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Legend
Legend
C
I can’t quit Josh Gordon. I will always love him. He hasn’t been consistently great since the season he led the league in receiving. He may be worth a shot now that he can’t get suspended for weed.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I can’t quit Josh Gordon. I will always love him. He hasn’t been consistently great since the season he led the league in receiving. He may be worth a shot now that he can’t get suspended for weed.

The new rules are in his favor too. The question is what kind of shape is he in coupled with his desire to be an NFL professional. The latter part was always the biggest issue, IMO.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

If it's weed that he's been suspended for.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
E
Legend
Legend
E
MONEY and an ADDICTION is a terrible combination.

I thought one could control their addiction to Marijuana.
But either he just didn't WANT to quit or there was more than one drug involved.

what a shame...jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: eotab
MONEY and an ADDICTION is a terrible combination.

I thought one could control their addiction to Marijuana.
But either he just didn't WANT to quit or there was more than one drug involved.

what a shame...jmho

marijuana
alcohol
xanax
codeine
cocaine
hydrocodone
oxycodone
adderall

And that's just what he has admitted as repeated abuse. With a gameday ritual of "bong rips and shots of whiskey"...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
If he kneels during the National Anthem, it's because he's looking for his roach-clip.

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Ha!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He's an addict pure and simple...There will always be some excuse for relapsing.
As for reinstating.

The NFL should have him be tested twice a week and if he can stay clean for an entire year...then I think he should be reinstated.

Why should he be reinstated? How many chances does one guy get before enough is enough? I have to wonder, what team would be dumb enough to sign the idiot?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
As for reinstating.

Why should he be reinstated? How many chances does one guy get before enough is enough? I have to wonder, what team would be dumb enough to sign the idiot?
Maybe Las Vegas? Houston? Baltimore? Any team that feels they are thin at WR

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
He should be reinstated? Well I'm just saying that is a condition for him to be considered. He has not proven to be able to stay away from drugs for 12+ months. Just saying if he can that might mean he has been able to Control himself regarding addiction.

First things first. Unfortunately he has not been able to control himself regarding Drugs. So 12 months is almost an impossible feat for him. 2nd thing his playing clock is ticking. So its a moot point after a certain age.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
As for reinstating.

Maybe Las Vegas? Houston? Baltimore? Any team that feels they are thin at WR

Yeah, a team that is thin at WR and wants to get a whole lot thinner a couple of games into the season when meathead screws them and gets booted again. Or quits and checks himself in before getting booted. This is a guy that has had a total of ONE great season. One. How long ago was that? Seems like forever. Meathead is what he is. A loser. He had the golden ticket and he blew it. He could have gone down in history as one of the greatest to ever play the game. He had that kind of talent. But he was dead from the neck up.

Legend
Legend
Shocking, I know ......

Josh Gordon's Super Bowl ring up for auction - ProFootballTalk
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/08/josh-gordons-super-bowl-ring-up-for-auction/

Suspended wide receiver Josh Gordon‘s Super Bowl ring will be sold at an upcoming memorabilia auction.

Gordon, who received a ring from the Patriots after they won Super Bowl LIII, has placed the ring with Heritage Auctions for its memorabilia auction in August.

Although Gordon was suspended during the 2018 season and did not play in Super Bowl LIII, the Patriots still issued him a ring because he contributed to the team during the regular season.

And now Gordon is selling that ring, perhaps needing money because he has lost out on millions of dollars in salary for his repeated suspensions for violations of the league’s substance abuse policies. Gordon is attempting to apply for reinstatement, but there’s been no indication of whether the NFL is going to reinstate him.

The auction house says the ring has an estimated value of $100,000.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
SMH frown

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
2nd String
2nd String
The guy is a fool. He should just put his application in at a Quik Mart or any fast food place.

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Former Browns/Patriots/Seahwaks WR applies for reinstatement...again

Link Copied to Clipboard