Originally Posted by Pdawg
I can't understand the fans who want to throw away KS after one bad year. We will never get ahead with this type of attitude. The guy was able to take this team to a playoff win just last year. I don't think it should even be a topic of conversation between Andrew Berry and Haslam.

I will admit that from the outside some of the.calls he has made are head scratchers. His play calling leaves me baffled at times. Execution has been a problem but I think are issues go deeper. None of this can't be corrected.

Pretty much my take, as well- with this additional observation: During the last half of last season, I thought the play calling was exciting, unpredictable and pretty darned effective. We had defenses back on their heels and were dictating flow. This year- total opposite- and it began when we lost several playmakers early. I have to think that circumstances dictated this about-face, because no HC goes from what we saw last year to what we saw this year by choice.

Some posters are right on schedule with the "fire someone" talk. Here's a fun fact: from 1999 to present, the average life expectancy for a Cleveland Browns FO or coaching staff- 2.5 years. Like you said, we'll never get ahead like that... and we never have. Some folks are only comfortable with what they know, and this st00pid carousel is all they've known since The Return.

I'm thinking that we'll see a return to last year's level of play with a healthy team and a full offseason. Bad years happen. This one was cursed by injury from virtually the start. Even after all the injuries and roster shifting, the team still had a shot at the playoffs in January. I'll take that over 3-13 or 4-12 any day.