What you're saying is your version of what you think happened. The rebuilding process began in Sashi's first year. They told us it was a 4-5 yr process.

I get people thinking he was only here to "tear down" a team but that's not accurate. We had the oldest defense in the league and they weren't good. Outside of swapping the entire franchise with another we were going to lose in Sashi's first year. So yeah, getting rid of players was essential. And a few of those players who started that we released never really played again... if that tells you something.

I don't like to get into the specifics of each pick, Sashi had final say but he wasn't the main talent evaluator. A common misconception. Hue was also the one who controlled the QB room. Which has also been documented. Unlike you, I do consider the moves Sashi made as part of the build. Drafting Garrett, Njoku who are still here. Signing guys like Zeitler, and Tretter. Re-signing Bitonio. Why do you not believe these are important pieces of the Browns build? We also had some very good talent added that's no longer here because of regime changes. Ogunjobi is one of the leaders of the Bengals defense. Zeitler was part of a later trade, as was Peppers.

Of our current team, Sashi's fingerprints are all over this thing. To say he wasn't a part of the rebuild is a fallacy and plain ignorance. Maybe you're going to say of yeah, Peppers he wasn't worth blah blah blah, but that's part of the process. They were pretty straight forward with their plan. The more picks you have the better hit rate. They probably could have told you of the 3 1st rd picks, only 1 or 2 were going to be stud(s).

And also to note, "cutting high priced players" is not a easy a you make it seem.

We can speculate for years what hairbrush between Sashi and Hue and why that didn't work out. But when faced with the facts I don't know how anyone can see this any other way. Especially now that he's been hired again by an NFL franchise. That should be the nail in the coffin for all the conspiracy theories.

The end.