Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
No offense to anyone and I respect your opinions, but I believe that black coaches have been unfairly treated in the NFL. I agree that the Rooney Rule has been ineffective, but the rule should never had to be implemented in the first place. I was very involved in athletics as a player, coach, and even a scout. Trust me, there are a ton of capable black men that can lead football teams.

I agree with this. You don't have to do anything other than look at the numbers. The majority of professional players are black. The majority of coaches are white. On the surface that doesn't make any sense.

Funny/discouraging story, but a couple of years or so ago, I stumbled upon a bunch of full Browns games on YouTube from the Bernie Kosar years. Full games, commercials and all. Watching these games was like reliving my childhood. I soaked up every minute of it. Would set time aside every night to watch and when I couldn't sleep I'd pull them up on my tablet in bed. The thing that stuck out to me the most was the commercials. All white people. Beer, cars, computers, radio shack, you name it. Not a single black person in any of the commercials. Cut to the game and all the announcers were white. And still 90% of the players were black. I never noticed it before growing up. I mentioned it to a good friend of mine who is black and he said he remembered that time. Needless to say he had a different experience than I did watching the games.

Not that I have any control over it, but I do take a little pride in how diverse the Cleveland Browns organization is and has been.