If you own an Ecko potato peeler (the kind with the serrated edged blades), then you have the perfect tool for coring hot peppers (like Jalapenos, and upward on the Scoville Scale).

This is the tool I'm describing:
[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]

(apologies for the screen resolution. The pic is 6X bigger than the actual tool...)

I slice off the tops of the peppers, run this tool down and around the inside of the fruit, and extract the membrane/seeds in about 1.5 seconds. The cupped blade cradles the innards, and pulls them out with zero effort. With stubborn specimens, I actually twist the fruit in my left hand, while sawing the membranes with the serrated edges of the tool's blades. On those occasions, I can gut and core a pepper in 2.5- 3.0 seconds.

With this tool, I can also tailor the amount of heat I wish to impart to a dish by simply being neat or sloppy with my carve-outs: clean pepper = mild heat. Sloppy pepper = spicy.

Added benefit: I can core a pint/quart of hot peppers in record time, without ever touching the capsaicin-producing pepper parts.

I've never used gloves to prepare peppers (of any Scoville rating) for cooking, quick-pickling or canning. I've never needed to. The tool is the key.