Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Originally Posted by Hammer
The Doof Dorsey screwed the pooch on that big time.

His one job was to get that #1 pick right and he chose the "Pied Piper" and "Leader of Men" over the 6'5" 240 lb. athletically gifted QB. Brilliant.

I have always said the Browns liked Johnny Manziel so much they drafted him and then missed him so much they drafted his mirror image in Baker. I'll admit I wanted Sam Darnold. At that time, I would have also been happy with either Josh, Allen or Rosen. So, I can't fault Dorsey for his pick of Baker because he has proven to be better than Darnold and Rosen. But looking back skipping Josh Allen now looks really bad.  

One thing to keep in mind in rehashing all this is that Baker was selected while Hue Jackson was still our coach. There is NO WAY IN HADES Allen would have turned into the QB he is today given the environment he almost got drafted into... and there is no argument that would convince me otherwise.

I don't say that to excuse Dorsey, but just pointing out what I see to be basically fact.

I think you're wrong, but I guess an argument would be futile lol. Half of that environment was gone six months later, the rest of the chicanery was over a year after that.