https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39949719/vikings-tj-hockenson-says-nfl-needs-look-low-hits

I wasn't really in agreement with the 'dirty hit' angle, but Fate's post about dirty hits being legal until they're not got me thinking more about it... and then I read this article. There's a decent amount of tidbits of info to unpack from that article. Both players were bigger (tight ends) getting hit by DBs (who tend to be smaller). Going high on a bigger guy is a recipe to get trucked, not to mention the risk of getting flagged for a hit to head (which is tough because running and cutting usually means they have a pretty good knee-bend and/or lean going.

I was surprised to hear the snippet from Dan Campbell. I know he's intense and everything, but I never took him for a coach that would advocate for dangerous hits. He says he coaches his defenders to aim for the 'thigh board'... which surprised me. I would think that's way too low, but I also never played football (played hockey and with checking you want to be low but not too low).

Food for thought.