Thread Like Summary
FATE
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1911013 12/14/2021 10:14 PM
by RememberMuni
RememberMuni
So when I was a kid back in the '80's, my dad would take me to all the games. - Saw the Jets game live, and was there the next week when you know what happened. I cancelled our season tickets back in 2012 and have been to two games since.

My wife just surprised our 13 year old daughter and I with tickets to this weekends game - all 3 of us are going. I feel terrible for the kid. - This will be her second Browns game ever and first since 2015. - I feel bad because I wanted this one to be a victory and just heard about the Covid cases. The good news is that the kid is slowly falling in love with the Browns and Buckeyes. - This year is the first year she's sat and watched games on tv with me. -Loves Nick Chubb.

So we plan on leaving the 'burbs at noon to beat the rush and grab a bite before kickoff.

Should we tailgate or go to a restaurant? If so, please recommend locations. I think tailgating would be a lot of fun for the kid but want to go to a tailgate lot that is safe for her.

Hotel or drive back at night? Again, please recommend a location.

Thanks Guys and Gals! Hopefully we find a way to get it done.
Liked Replies
by northlima dawg
northlima dawg
For the draft and the 1st 2 Browns games I went to this year I parked on West 3rd by Karls- it was $60 to park.. On Sunday me and my son went to the ravens game. We came down St. Clair and saw an underground lot by rhe Marriott on public square that was only $20 to park It was only 2 blocks from
West 3rd and about a 10 minute walk to the stadium .

We ate a little at the car before the game. My son always wants to get in the stadium. 2 hours before the game. We go down by section 144 (Browns tunnel) for pregame. The Browns are always down by section 144. The kickers and returners come out about 90 to 100 minutes before the kickoff. The other position groups come out one by one. About an hour before the game everybody is out on the field. You don't have to sit down there to hang out and the players are so close you can almost touch them. They stay on the field until a half hour before kickoff and then go in the locker room.
Also, you never know who you will meet. At the cards game, Bernie was down on the field by the owners guests-he came over and was talking to us and even signed for some kids. Hanford was doing a pregame show before the ravens game. He was about 10 feet in front of me. My son got a selfie with a ravens player. I refused to get in the picture.
Myles was playing catch with fans-lots of great pictures and fun times.

When the game was over, we walked back to the car-warmed up, got something to eat and a drink. We then walked the 5 minutes back over to Public Square. They are having Winterfest there. The whole Public Square is decorated for Christmas and they have an outdoor ice skating rink. It is really pretty
1 member likes this