FATE, PitDAWG
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by OldColdDawg
OldColdDawg
Liked Replies
by mgh888
mgh888
Originally Posted by s003apr
We need to get back to combating addictive and unhealthy behaviors and products.

I agree with some but not all of the post - but I am curious. In your post you've suggested "we" need to get back to combatting unhealthy behaviors and products. In another post it's been suggested we need to identify troubled individuals and help treat them and also limit the time children are raised without adult interaction and supervision.... in another post people are commenting on big government and government interferences. So who is the "We" that does these things? What is the mechanism and entity for combating unhealthy behavior an identifying who is troubled? Who finances the treatment and support for those folks. Who monitors children's time with adults and what if done if recommendations are not met?

These are worthwhile goals. They are highly commendable goals - they will improve the lives of many. Hell - you mentioned kids eating chips and getting fat - just some directive and effort to eat healthy and reduce obesity would change millions of lives ..... but the problem is what the actual solution is, who runs it and how it is financed. And one person's definition of an action plan that is worthwhile and beneficial to the greater good is another person's "Bleeding Hearts Crying and looking to place blame".
1 member likes this
by OldColdDawg
OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
There is part of me that wants to suggest that Facebook is hoping (lobbying) that TicToc is made illegal.

I think TikTok is American based big social medias fall guy. Punishing TikTok takes the heat off those companies and they will get in bed with world governments to remain powerful, so… a sacrificial lamb distraction is needed. Yet we know without a doubt both facebook and twitter worked with political propagandists in the last few election cycles, thereby putting their deep pocketed fingers on the scale.
1 member likes this