Thread Like Summary
FORTBROWNFAN, ScottPlayersFacemask
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by FORTBROWNFAN
FORTBROWNFAN
I have seen some comments regarding yesterday's game and the defense giving up 400+ yards. Some had written that it somehow confirms our D was a poser, unworthy of the praise they had been getting.

I'll phrase a question to you; If the Browns D had allowed 400+ yards, for the first 5 games this season, and then yesterday held the Colts to 200, would you say the D is now legit and dominating?

I would guess & hope that answer is no, so I don't see taking yesterday's game and suddenly determining our D phony. Now, if they continue to get gashed for the nest few games, that's a different story.

Just my thoughts.
Liked Replies
by Dawgs4Life
Dawgs4Life
Here is my take on yesterday:

- we came in flying high with a lot of confidence, and probably were primed for a let down
- we scored SUPER early on a big play and probably let our guard down thinking "Okay, that's it"
- they have a QB who is super confident in the underdog spot
- they have a HC who knows how to scheme an offense
- their RB is just returning back to form (and he's a top 3 back in the NFL)
- the game kinda got into the swing of being a shoot out and back and forth ... and once that seal is broken, it's awfully tough to get the toothpaste back in the tube

Long story short, it's a good wake up call for our defense ... and it's always great to have wake up calls AND still win
1 member likes this
by bonefish
bonefish
"We should win" comments are ridiculous.

All we should do is play the best we possibly can. Every team shows up playing to win. This is the NFL.

1 member likes this
by PitDAWG
PitDAWG
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
I'll phrase a question to you; If the Browns D had allowed 400+ yards, for the first 5 games this season, and then yesterday held the Colts to 200, would you say the D is now legit and dominating?

I would guess & hope that answer is no, so I don't see taking yesterday's game and suddenly determining our D phony. Now, if they continue to get gashed for the nest few games, that's a different story.

Just my thoughts.

Thus far the Indy game is an anomaly. A one game let down. For me that in no way determines who they are. Some people insist on looking at a single game under a microscope rather than looking at the big picture with a telescope. To each their own I suppose.
1 member likes this