DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: CHSDawg Le'Veon Bell 2019 watch - 02/03/19 06:36 PM

How pissed Le'Veon gonna be when they transition tag him?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Le'Veon Bell 2019 watch - 02/03/19 07:23 PM
Please no
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Le'Veon Bell 2019 watch - 02/03/19 07:34 PM
Last I looked, they only had $10m in cap space for 2019. A team (I'm definitely not suggesting us) with space in 2019 could front load the contract to ensure that the Steelers can't afford it. If they decided to match, they'd have to cut players or renegotiate existing contracts to fit him in. This, of course, is as of today, as we don't know yet what the real cap will be in 2019.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Le'Veon Bell 2019 watch - 02/03/19 07:40 PM
Who would want a player, no matter how good he is, that walks out on his team. Puts himself above the team, and has proven over and over that he is all about him.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Le'Veon Bell 2019 watch - 02/03/19 08:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
Who would want a player, no matter how good he is, that walks out on his team. Puts himself above the team, and has proven over and over that he is all about him.

Not Me and that attitude would not fit well in this locker room ... tsktsk
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Le'Veon Bell 2019 watch - 02/03/19 08:29 PM
Originally Posted By: clwb419
Last I looked, they only had $10m in cap space for 2019. A team (I'm definitely not suggesting us) with space in 2019 could front load the contract to ensure that the Steelers can't afford it. If they decided to match, they'd have to cut players or renegotiate existing contracts to fit him in. This, of course, is as of today, as we don't know yet what the real cap will be in 2019.

The problem is that if he's hit with the transition tag, a team will have to give up draft picks to sign him. Which a team could easily choose not to do, as he'll likely be the most expensive player this class. Which means Le'Veon might sit out another year.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Le'Veon Bell 2019 watch - 02/03/19 08:30 PM
Love the dysfunction. thumbsup
Posted By: cle23 Re: Le'Veon Bell 2019 watch - 02/03/19 08:47 PM
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

The problem is that if he's hit with the transition tag, a team will have to give up draft picks to sign him. Which a team could easily choose not to do, as he'll likely be the most expensive player this class. Which means Le'Veon might sit out another year.

Transition tag offers no compensation. It's only the ability to match another offer.if they don't match, nothing else happens.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Le'Veon Bell 2019 watch - 02/03/19 08:51 PM
Originally Posted By: cle23
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

Transition tag offers no compensation. It's only the ability to match another offer.if they don't match, nothing else happens.

My bad, I confused the transition tag with the non-exclusive franchise tag. I'll edit my post. Thanks for the info thumbsup
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Le'Veon Bell 2019 watch - 02/04/19 01:30 PM
That number would be sticker shock, I bet.

Can you tag him for say about six weeks? Kind of like a loaner? I would be fascinated to learn what he figures he is worth on the open market after going stale one year. Who would not want want this diva attitude in their locker room?

Not interested myself. Still.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Le'Veon Bell 2019 watch - 02/04/19 04:39 PM
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Love the dysfunction. thumbsup

Good to be on the outside looking in for a change ain't it?!
© DawgTalkers.net