C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C

How pissed Le'Veon gonna be when they transition tag him?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Please no

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Last I looked, they only had $10m in cap space for 2019. A team (I'm definitely not suggesting us) with space in 2019 could front load the contract to ensure that the Steelers can't afford it. If they decided to match, they'd have to cut players or renegotiate existing contracts to fit him in. This, of course, is as of today, as we don't know yet what the real cap will be in 2019.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Who would want a player, no matter how good he is, that walks out on his team. Puts himself above the team, and has proven over and over that he is all about him.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
Who would want a player, no matter how good he is, that walks out on his team. Puts himself above the team, and has proven over and over that he is all about him.

Not Me and that attitude would not fit well in this locker room ... tsktsk

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: clwb419
Last I looked, they only had $10m in cap space for 2019. A team (I'm definitely not suggesting us) with space in 2019 could front load the contract to ensure that the Steelers can't afford it. If they decided to match, they'd have to cut players or renegotiate existing contracts to fit him in. This, of course, is as of today, as we don't know yet what the real cap will be in 2019.

The problem is that if he's hit with the transition tag, a team will have to give up draft picks to sign him. Which a team could easily choose not to do, as he'll likely be the most expensive player this class. Which means Le'Veon might sit out another year.

Last edited by CHSDawg; 02/03/19 04:51 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot who has no idea what he's talking about
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Love the dysfunction. thumbsup

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

The problem is that if he's hit with the transition tag, a team will have to give up draft picks to sign him. Which a team could easily choose not to do, as he'll likely be the most expensive player this class. Which means Le'Veon might sit out another year.

Transition tag offers no compensation. It's only the ability to match another offer.if they don't match, nothing else happens.

C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cle23
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

Transition tag offers no compensation. It's only the ability to match another offer.if they don't match, nothing else happens.

My bad, I confused the transition tag with the non-exclusive franchise tag. I'll edit my post. Thanks for the info thumbsup

Legend
Legend
That number would be sticker shock, I bet.

Can you tag him for say about six weeks? Kind of like a loaner? I would be fascinated to learn what he figures he is worth on the open market after going stale one year. Who would not want want this diva attitude in their locker room?

Not interested myself. Still.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Love the dysfunction. thumbsup

Good to be on the outside looking in for a change ain't it?!

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Le'Veon Bell 2019 watch

Link Copied to Clipboard