DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk New uniforms in 2020? - 03/27/17 09:23 PM
Quote:
per Toni Grossi via Twitter @TonyGrossi

Dee Haslam confirmed to me another FULL #browns uniform re-do could be in the works soon as new window opens in 2020

Wow. I like the new designs. I don't like to keep changing every 3-4 years. Either they feel like the current ones are trash, or they are using it to generate $$$.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/27/17 09:25 PM
I think the current uniforms are atrocious. I'd take the previous ones over them every time.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/27/17 09:26 PM
+1 thumbsup
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/27/17 09:27 PM
More likely slight alterations to what we have now.

Probably getting rid of the things people are Super against.

BROWNS down the pants comes to mind.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/27/17 09:31 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I think the current uniforms are atrocious. I'd take the previous ones over them every time.
x2
Posted By: rockyhilldawg Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/27/17 09:34 PM
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/27/17 09:35 PM
Quote:
per Daryl Ruiter @RuiterWrongFAN

In addition to possibly re-doing uniforms I've been told #Browns are heavily considering designing new logos (not repainting helmet logo)
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/27/17 09:39 PM
Didn't care much for these. Less for the gear. Sorry, Dee. Not fired up by this at all.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/27/17 09:49 PM
I like the new uniforms. I liked the old ones in the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 2000s ..... but the definitely got old.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/27/17 09:49 PM
If we are doing new logos, I hope they're secondary logos. I really hope they aren't even considering making one of them the main logos. But yeah, the dog logo could get a retouch. The Brownie needs to come out of retirement.

I hate these current uniforms. They suck. Very uninspiring. I honestly think Adidas made better jerseys.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/27/17 10:13 PM
These uniforms are a skid mark left behind by Alec Scheiner (who did some good things).

Uni Watch had a contest to design new uniforms for us before the current ones were released and many of them were/are much better than what we have now:

http://www.espn.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/17865/uni-watch-readers-redesign-the-browns

https://www.flickr.com/photos/65516705@N00/sets/72157632661454487/detail/

This was the winner of the contest and I think it is pretty great:

Posted By: PastorMarc Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/27/17 10:16 PM
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg

This what we should be wearing ...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/27/17 10:16 PM
i like the brown jerseys and white pants myself
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/27/17 10:16 PM
Oh yeah. I think that type of design looks great in person too. Northwestern has those horizontal stripes. Although I'm not crazy about the pants.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/27/17 10:17 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
These uniforms are a skid mark left behind by Alec Scheiner (who did some good things).

Uni Watch had a contest to design new uniforms for us before the current ones were released and many of them were/are much better than what we have now:

http://www.espn.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/17865/uni-watch-readers-redesign-the-browns

https://www.flickr.com/photos/65516705@N00/sets/72157632661454487/detail/

This was the winner of the contest and I think it is pretty great:

Yuck!

We definitely disagree on that.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/27/17 10:20 PM

imagine the possibilities of a Browns type jersey.
Posted By: Snacko Uniform Change - 03/28/17 01:17 AM
Another uniform re-do coming: Browns co-owner Dee Haslam confirmed the club is not satisfied with its uniform makeover, which was introduced for 2015, and will go through another extensive process to produce a better uniform look. The problem is they are stuck with the present colors and combinations through the 2019 season. A total makeover, which is done under the cooperation of NFL marketers and Nike, is a two-year process – which means the earliest they could begin that process is after the 2017 season. “We’ve learned a lot through that process,” Haslam said. “We will go through the process probably again.” Haslam said in the meantime, the Browns will seek an alternative look whenever the NFL allows, such as the “color rush” program for Thursday night games. “I definitely think there will be some changes for that. We didn’t get that opportunity last year,” Haslam said. Besides the general busy-ness in some of the nine uniform combinations presently used, Haslam admitted there is a problem with the fabric and the tightness of the jerseys that make them uncomfortable for the players. She said the Browns internally have talked about a new uniform look. “We’ve talked about it, but we haven’t conceptualized what that might be, and we have to work with the NFL on it,” Haslam said. “We’re the Cleveland Browns. We stand for a certain thing. I can’t imagine doing anything too crazy, can you? I can’t.” A source has said that the Browns are seriously looking at replacing the plain orange helmet with a plain white one. The Browns wore white helmets from their inception in 1946 through the 1950 season.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 01:30 AM
Quote:
A source has said that the Browns are seriously looking at replacing the plain orange helmet with a plain white one. The Browns wore white helmets from their inception in 1946 through the 1950 season.

Wut.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 01:30 AM
All the more reason buying the new Joe Haden jersey has proved to be a horrible decision on my behalf.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 01:47 AM
Do NOT mess with Helmets !!!! tsktsk
Posted By: MrTed Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 01:56 AM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Do NOT mess with Helmets !!!! tsktsk

I could live with almost anything but a helmet change.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 01:57 AM
I know this is brownsreligous, but I hate our helmets. Looks like freaking pumpkin heads.

I am not calling for a change because I realize how many of you love that look, but personally, I think our helmets suck butt.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/28/17 06:03 AM
The biggest problem we have with the jersey's we have now is the fabric. It's to tight and doesn't stretch, thus making it hard to get and keep the numbers on, and making them uncomfortable for the players.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/28/17 06:05 AM
I also think they'll probably drop the Orange Numbers on Brown Jerseys idea.

I also personally don't like drop shadow numbers.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/28/17 06:28 AM
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
I also think they'll probably drop the Orange Numbers on Brown Jerseys idea.

I also personally don't like drop shadow numbers.

On the brown jerseys, I would like to see either orange numbers with a wider white outline, or orange with a wider white outline.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/28/17 12:06 PM
Anyone want to see numbers on one side of the helmet?
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/28/17 01:50 PM
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Anyone want to see numbers on one side of the helmet?

It wouldn't be a big deal to me. I kind of liked the alternate uni combo when we did it a few years back.

And I wouldn't mind going to white helmets either, alternate or full time. It is a part of our history. It would take some time getting used to it and I'd admit it would be a HUGE change, but it is what it is.

I think most of us agree, we want a team we can be proud of, uniform changes are trivial.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/28/17 02:40 PM
Excellent. The orangier orange was hysterical and dreadful at the same time. I say, if they're going to make a change, go big. Screw it.
Posted By: BpG Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/28/17 03:01 PM
The new uniforms are cheap, iron on garbage. I like the intent but I can buy better Jerseys from China for $20.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/28/17 05:23 PM
Just more marketing. They keep getting the fans to invest money in a crappy product.

And the fans keep falling for it.
Posted By: Stetson76 Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 05:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I know this is brownsreligous, but I hate our helmets. Looks like freaking pumpkin heads.

I am not calling for a change because I realize how many of you love that look, but personally, I think our helmets suck butt.

Would you prefer plain white helmets?
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/28/17 05:32 PM
I'm not "falling for" anything..

I understand the business side of it. They want money. And will churn out whatever products they think people will buy.

My side of it, is that I actually ENJOY going to games, and buying gear, regardless of how goo the team is.

It's not blind homerism.

I buy a new Browns hoodie every year, when they eventually make another hat that's not ugly I'll buy that too..

I plan on eventually being a season ticket holder, just currently work sundays. How good the team is will have no bearing on that decision.

I love football.

Sorry if that offends you.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 05:33 PM
They need to LEAVE OUR HELMETS ALONE!!! tsktsk
Posted By: Vambo Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 05:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Stetson76

No matter what color they are someone will complain.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 05:35 PM
On alt unis, heck yes. Why not honor those first few teams? It's not like those retro jerseys of GB and Pitt that look ugly. I'm just not sure the NFL is allowing for an alternative helmet yet for their uniforms.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 05:39 PM

No. I have seen a few darker shades of orange in artistic representations that look good. Might be called burnt orange?

However, it's not really a big deal to me what they do w/the uniforms. I simply don't like how similar our orange is to a pumpkin. Given that the helmets are of a similar shape, it's a strange look. But........it really doesn't matter what I think and I don't care all that much what they do. I root for the team, not the uniform.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 05:39 PM

But with the stripe. What are they waiting for?
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 05:40 PM
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 05:42 PM
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 05:42 PM
That looks pretty good, Cal.

And ThatGuy........yours is similar to the one I really liked, but it was a darker orange.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 05:44 PM
I think we need to stop worrying about the helmet orange matching the uniform orange.

Different materials.

It just never works well.
Posted By: dean_fairchild Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 05:44 PM
Maybe white helmets as a throwback but not as a regular thing.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 05:45 PM
Hmmmmm.........never thought of that.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 05:48 PM
I like the dark metallic burnt orange a lot. I was hoping they'd go that way when they made the change. Still hoping. fingerscrossed (I also like the style of the helmet ThatGuy put up.)
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 06:41 PM
It doesn't need the scrap of Brown on the bottom, I mean it's nowhere near as bad as what Jacksonville did..

That helmet is the background on my laptop. I fricken love it.
Posted By: Magdawg Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 07:00 PM
The helmet, maybe modernize is slightly like Cal and ThatGuy had posted in their pics, but I don't think white will go over well. The home unies in that white helmet? Ugh, I can't bear the thought!!

Throw back white helmet with the old school outfit, hmmm, maybe that would be sweet! Wel, better than Pittsburgh's bumblebee outfits rofl

Edit: phone tried to auto correct my blantant misspelling of uniforms.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 07:43 PM
I love white helmets.

I'm glad Buffalo and San.. LA went back to them.

They are pretty.

The Browns should not have a white helmet.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 08:23 PM

Uniforms:

I am really old school with this topic.

My favorite uniforms by far: The dark seal skin brown top, with white pants and the Browns stripe down the side, helmet burnt orange ( orange with a little more red, not pumpkin orange).
Posted By: ddubia Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/28/17 08:59 PM
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg

Oh look, I can read the jersey number!

White jerseys, brown numbers.
Brown jerseys, white numbers.

Not because of tradition, but so that the numbers can be read at the stadium and on the TV.

Contrast is the key. Black is darkest tint and White is the lightest. (perfect contrast). Orange is a middle tint. On a B&W TV, Black would look black and White would look white and Orange would look a medium gray. Medium gray on black is not enough contrast nor is medium gray on white, (or white on medium gray, nor dark gray on medium gray).

White on brown still work as our brown is very dark. But it doesn't matter whether it's a B&W TV, or in living color, there's not enough contrast to read the orange numbers. The same with the orange jerseys with the white numbers, again, that's half the contrast of black and white: not readable at a long distance or on a TV screen.

I know it's hard to believe that a "professional graphic designer" would make such mistakes until you consider that when sitting in front of a monitor everything shows well. Doing work for magazines ads is one thing, where the viewing distance is close-up and always the same, designing for longer viewing distance is another. Obviously no one in the "graphics group" has ever had any experience at viewing fonts from a distance. That is a dead give-away that the designer had no experience with NFL uniforms. It shows up that Nike used rookie punks, as well as rookie supervisors, to do the work for the Browns.

Any sign painter worth his weight in paint would have nailed that. They're used to making signs that have limited-sized letters and numbers that have to be viewed and read from a distance. Had I been there, in any position on the design team, this folly would never have happened.

All these years this has never been a problem, not even on my old 27" floor model. I hate not being able to see who is playing due to the numbers being unreadable on my 65" HD TV.

Come-On Man!
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/28/17 09:08 PM
Quote:
I would like to see either orange numbers with a wider white outline, or orange with a wider white outline.

So you'd be ok with either of those?
Posted By: Stetson76 Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 10:57 PM

No. I have seen a few darker shades of orange in artistic representations that look good. Might be called burnt orange?

However, it's not really a big deal to me what they do w/the uniforms. I simply don't like how similar our orange is to a pumpkin. Given that the helmets are of a similar shape, it's a strange look. But........it really doesn't matter what I think and I don't care all that much what they do. I root for the team, not the uniform.

I agree I would prefer a darker orange but the article appeared to call for a white helment and that I think I would really dislike.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 10:58 PM

What's not to love?
Posted By: Stetson76 Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 11:01 PM
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

What's not to love?

Can they go back to eye gouging as well?
Posted By: E.Ryze19 Re: Uniform Change - 03/28/17 11:10 PM
I would take the white helmet, as long as the elf is on the side
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 12:16 AM
I hate the elf. He looks like a little, sissy boy who plays soccer and pulls the shorts down of other players. grin

Come on, man! What kind of "man" would choose the name "Brownie?"
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 02:46 AM
I would prefer to leave the helmets but, if they did change I can deal with a solid white. The Nittany Lions look fine. BUT, don't do a garish logo like the dog or a big "B", "CB" or something. I don't even like the metallic or the gradation ideas.

That said didn't PB paint the leather helmets orange for a reason? Shouldn't that "reason" be part of our history and honored?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 02:48 AM
Why? Paul Brown went to Cintucky and hated the Browns after he was fired.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/29/17 03:02 AM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
I would like to see either orange numbers with a wider white outline, or orange with a wider white outline.

So you'd be ok with either of those?

I'd have to see how they were done, but yeah, most likely.

I think that's a big problem with the new/current uniforms, that the numbers on the brown jersey don't "pop" enough. Maybe white numbers with an orange drop shadow, or outline. If we stay with orange numbers, then a full white outline, as opposed to a drop shadow.

I like the "Cleveland" across the chest, and the "Browns" down the pant leg. I really like the orange jersey and the white jersey. Heck, I would make the orange jersey the home jersey. I think they really pop.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/29/17 03:08 AM
You should reread your post he quoted.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/29/17 03:14 AM
You should reread your post he quoted.

blush
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 04:12 AM
I am not a fan of the elf either. It looks too Disney in my opinion.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 04:19 AM
I don't like the elf. A white helmet would be ok once in awhile. I watched a video of Metcalfe's two punt returns for TDs versus steelers the other night and thought those uniforms looked great. I don't mind our white jerseys, I like them actually, but I don't like the brown jerseys because of the crappy orange #s. A duller orange helmet is preferable to the brighter orange hue., but also I like the metallic orange helmet someone posted.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 04:21 AM

The Brownie with the Crown looks cool though! He's a very respected Brownie.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 06:40 AM
an Elf isn't very tough. let's face facts
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 10:40 AM
The uniforms were atrocious from the very beginning. There are some combos that are more tolerable than others, but overall, they're a joke.

I'm someone that wants an actual logo as well. I'm tired of just seeing a Browns helmet for game previews or highlights. Plus, when we play on FOX, seeing just an orange square along side CLE during the game makes me upset to no end. I know that sounds crazy but it's true.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/29/17 12:11 PM
I'd love to do the ol' white helmets for one game a season.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 12:22 PM
I like being unique. Beving the only team with no uniform changes after so many years made us that. No logo makes us unique, no helmet markings does as well. I would have been completely happy without the new color and new uniforms.

I'd said many years ago that the biggest problem with uniform changes is once you change them you are then forced to change them periodically from that point on. Here we are in year two of the new uniform and already they're talking about the need for changes again.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/29/17 12:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
I'd love to do the ol' white helmets for one game a season.
Yeah, why not. I want anything than what we currently have. And I'm usually not one to care about uniforms.

I think ours suck
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 12:34 PM
Quote:
The problem is they are stuck with the present colors and combinations through the 2019 season

Stuck with?

I like our colors.. What's wrong with our colors?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 12:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Quote:
The problem is they are stuck with the present colors and combinations through the 2019 season

Stuck with?

I agree. I like our colors. It's the execution of the colors that suck.

I was hoping our uniforms would grow on me ... but we look BAD. It's just not good.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/29/17 12:43 PM
So... can we combine these threads?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 12:48 PM
Many people think orange and brown are ugly colors, especially as a combination. Obviously, you don't. And that is fine. But, I know I don't have orange paint on my walls. I don't have orange counter tops, tile, floors. I don't have orange sweaters, shirts, or pants. I would not own an orange car. The only things I can think of that I own that are orange are clothing and memorabilia. Obviously, there are exceptions........but, I bet that most people are similar to me as not choosing orange as a color for all of the things I listed.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 12:49 PM
Quote:

Stuck with?

The orange uniforms which look closer to red on TV for starts.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 01:10 PM
Originally Posted By: ddubia
I like being unique. Beving the only team with no uniform changes after so many years made us that. No logo makes us unique, no helmet markings does as well. I would have been completely happy without the new color and new uniforms.

I'd said many years ago that the biggest problem with uniform changes is once you change them you are then forced to change them periodically from that point on. Here we are in year two of the new uniform and already they're talking about the need for changes again.

I agree with the helmet aspect, I don't want anything on it. I'm happy with Brown and Orange and I'm not looking for a complete overhaul per se.

And we technically already have a logo option...a dawg/dog. We have a real one attend games and a mascot of one there as well. I would like that to be made the official logo instead of a helment. Just a personal preference, that's all.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 01:33 PM
Just clicking.

I can tolerate the orange in moderation. I prefer keeping the helmets orange and no logo, but do like the metallic/burnt orange ones that have been mocked recently a lot.

Other than that, orange is ok as a stripe, and that's about it. I do not like orange jerseys or pants (and absolutely not both at the same time). And I do not like the orange numerals on the brown jerseys.

I like the brown jersey w white pants, and white jersey w brown pants.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 01:45 PM
I actually really like our Orange Tops and Brown Pants set.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 01:54 PM
I guess I'm ok with the unis.. I have no objection to seeing alternatives. But again, I'm more of a tradition guy and wouldn't want the colors to change.. if they wanted to use the same colors and redesign, I'd never have an objections.

Vers: As for painting walls orange, no of course not. But the comparison is basically nonsense.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 01:55 PM
Of course it is, Daman.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 01:59 PM
I figured he would be stubborn about it...........so, here is actual evidence:

https://blog.kissmetrics.com/gender-and-color/
Posted By: fishtheice Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 02:00 PM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
an Elf isn't very tough. let's face facts

Can you imagine the ridicule from the AFC North rivals especially Pittsburgh if we had a fairy logo on the side of our helmets?
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 02:03 PM
Keep these idiots away from our traditions. Blew it once, but the next mysterious moves may be much worse. I think color rush stinks; like moaning about not being able to participate in the last train wreck. Just pass on this.

Who is the infernal "internals" that would be talking this up? Send them to the Raiders!
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 02:45 PM

you are like a petulant child..
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/29/17 03:02 PM
I'm not "falling for" anything..

I understand the business side of it. They want money. And will churn out whatever products they think people will buy.

My side of it, is that I actually ENJOY going to games, and buying gear, regardless of how goo the team is.

It's not blind homerism.

I buy a new Browns hoodie every year, when they eventually make another hat that's not ugly I'll buy that too..

I plan on eventually being a season ticket holder, just currently work sundays. How good the team is will have no bearing on that decision.

I love football.

Sorry if that offends you.

It doesn't offend me if you keep spending your money.

It sounds more like it offends you that I expect them to put a product on the field that's worth me spending my money on. I call it accountability. I do understand that's a rare thing for anyone to expect these days.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 03:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Keep these idiots away from our traditions. Blew it once, but the next mysterious moves may be much worse. I think color rush stinks; like moaning about not being able to participate in the last train wreck. Just pass on this.

Who is the infernal "internals" that would be talking this up? Send them to the Raiders!

Funny that the unis they loved two years ago now need to be changed. It's ironic, they had the chance to get it right, yet managed to screw it up. I don't hate the current uniforms as many do, but they could've been so much better. It seemed like a half-assed attempt to begin with, but I'm sure hours and hours, and thousands of dollars were spent getting it wrong. willynilly notallthere rolleyes

Dear Lord, please help the Browns remove their heads from their collective derrières. I promise I'll be good. Amen.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 05:13 PM

you are like a petulant child..

You asked a question. I answered it truthfully. You come back and only one of the many things I mentioned and called it "nonsense."

Then, I provided a link that gave actual information that answered your original question.......and you call me a "petulant child." superconfused
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/29/17 05:42 PM
So... can we combine these threads?

Last time I posted something about new jerseys, it was punted from the pure football forum to this one. That's why I started the thread here. Guess the ref's are more lenient now (or they just don't like me).
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 06:11 PM
Isn't the guy that was in charge of the uniform change no longer here?
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 07:10 PM
No idea. The changes had to be signed off on by the Haslams, though, right?
Posted By: dean_fairchild Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 07:37 PM
My high school was known as the"crush". orange was one of the colors, my favorite college team is the "orange", Syracuse. So I'm kinda partial to the orange.... Lets keep it.

But if they wanted to do throw back uniforms with white helmets,I'd like to see that.
Posted By: dean_fairchild Re: Uniform Change - 03/29/17 07:38 PM
I'm not sure but I think the league may have to approve it too..
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New uniforms in 2020? - 03/29/17 10:59 PM
I think that they are probably busy.

This is the appropriate forum for this subject.
Posted By: Olskool711 Re: Uniform Change - 03/30/17 12:16 AM
The Orange Helmet is our logo. Its the best in the NFL

The new uniforms (last year) should have been sent back the moment they arrived at Berea. Sue us! Everybody would have understood. They are hideous. Many on the board came out in favor of them, so I kept my opinion to myself. They are so bad it is embarrassing.

I could care less about a contract that doesn't allow us to change it. I would demand they do something immediately or the Browns will. I would tell Nike, the NFL, and whoever, that I will show up to court with that freakin clownish POS uniform and let a jury decide.

IMO the ones we had before last year were very good to great.
Posted By: Jester Re: Uniform Change - 03/30/17 12:38 AM
Originally Posted By: Olskool711

The new uniforms (last year) should have been sent back the moment they arrived at Berea. Sue us! Everybody would have understood. They are hideous. ... They are so bad it is embarrassing.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Uniform Change - 03/30/17 12:41 AM
I know it. I really, really wish we wouldn't have agreed to these new unis. It's not that I hate change ... but I hate bad change
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Uniform Change - 03/30/17 03:53 AM
I want the white on white Kosar era jerseys at home. The the Brown tops on the road.. IF it can be helped
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Uniform Change - 03/30/17 04:07 AM
Originally Posted By: Olskool711

The new uniforms (last year) should have been sent back the moment they arrived at Berea. Sue us! Everybody would have understood. They are hideous. Many on the board came out in favor of them, so I kept my opinion to myself. They are so bad it is embarrassing.

I could care less about a contract that doesn't allow us to change it. I would demand they do something immediately or the Browns will. I would tell Nike, the NFL, and whoever, that I will show up to court with that freakin clownish POS uniform and let a jury decide.

Thing is....somebody high up (probably top of the chain: the Haslams) had to have agreed on the final design before it went into production. So....the blame falls on them. Had they consulted/polled the fans before or at least on maybe the top 3 designs...we wouldn't be discussing changing them again in 2020.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Uniform Change - 03/30/17 08:32 AM
Quote:
I know I don't have orange paint on my walls

If not for my wife my house would be orange/brown/white both inside and out.

Quote:
I don't have orange counter tops, tile, floors.

See my comment above

Quote:
I don't have orange sweaters, shirts, or pants.

I do 95 percent of my close are brown/orange/and white. Sweaters, pants, loungewear, shirts, coats, underwear, cowboy boots, slippers, hats, gloves, watches.

Quote:
I would not own an orange car.

I will if I could ever find one I could afford, and if I ever get the money my motorcycle will also get a custom Browns paint job. smile
Posted By: ddubia Re: Uniform Change - 03/30/17 09:43 AM
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Thing is....somebody high up (probably top of the chain: the Haslams) had to have agreed on the final design before it went into production. So....the blame falls on them. Had they consulted/polled the fans before or at least on maybe the top 3 designs...we wouldn't be discussing changing them again in 2020.

That's the problem that befalls many businesses regarding graphic design, the approval is made by the least design centric person in the organization, the owner.

I've worked in the industry at the sign painter level and at the large format printing side of things. You find yourself always designing to please the owner. In fact, (I looked this up *L*), 99.99% of owners have crap for taste.

In fact, (I looked this one up too. *L*), the owner is going to make his decision based on the opinion of the brown-noser who made his bung hole feel best throughout the process, because otherwise he's got nothing to base his opinion on other than... others.

At the end of the day a decision gets made, everybody sucks up telling the owner that not only was his decision the right one but also that he "led the way" through the process, the owner gets his ego fed with all the pats-on-the-back for being "creative-minded" and last, but most importantly in fact, (I looked this up too. *L*), at the position of being the utmost important thing in all this... everybody gets paid. And that was the real goal from the beginning.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Uniform Change - 03/30/17 10:23 AM
alec scheiner must have been a heck of a brown noser
Posted By: PresidentDawg2 Re: Uniform Change - 03/31/17 04:20 PM
Not sure what to think about the white helmets. I've been pretty meh on the uniform change. It wouldn't utterly disappoint me if they tried something different

Browns apparently hate their uniforms, reportedly considering wild helmet change
By John Breech Mar 28, 2017 • 2 min read

Whoever was in charge of designing the Browns’ uniforms might not have a job for long, because apparently the team already hates the new look.
Less than two years after unveiling a completely new uniform, the Browns are already looking to start over.
At the NFL owners meeting this week, Browns co-owner Dee Haslam told ESPN Cleveland’s Tony Grossi that there were multiple problems with the team’s latest look.

For one, there was a general feeling that the team’s nine uniform combinations were too busy. Haslam also noted that there’s an issue with the fabric that makes the jerseys tight and uncomfortable for the players. That might explain their record last season.

The Browns and Nike spent roughly two years designing the new uniforms, which is why it’s such a shock that Cleveland might already want to replace them. The problem with getting new uniforms is that it’s a long process.
Under NFL rules, you can’t replace a uniform more than once every five years, meaning the Browns are stuck with their current duds until the end of the 2019 season. Also, it takes two years to design a new uniform, meaning the Browns likely won’t start planning for their new look until after the 2017 season.
“We’ve talked about it, but we haven’t conceptualized what that might be, and we have to work with the NFL on it,” Haslam said.
When the team does eventually go through the two-year design process, don’t look for them to make the same mistakes they made in the past.
“We’ve learned a lot through that process,” Haslam said. “We will go through the process probably again.”
As for what the new uniforms might look like, Haslam didn’t want to give away any secrets.
“We’re the Cleveland Browns. We stand for a certain thing,” Haslam said. “I can’t imagine doing anything too crazy, can you? I can’t.”
Apparently, there is one crazy thing that might happen. A team source told Grossi that the Browns are “seriously looking” at the possibility of dumping their orange helmet and going with a white one. The team wore a white helmet between 1946 and 1949. The team also happened to win four straight world championships between 1946-49, so maybe going in that direction is the right move.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Uniform Change - 03/31/17 04:26 PM
White is difficult to stay "clean" because of ramming helmets, but I wouldn't mind an experiment with it
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Uniform Change - 03/31/17 06:25 PM
I have read that the players hate the fit of the uniforms, they are not necessarily making a fashion statement.

I like the pumpkin heads .... so I hope we don't change the helmets. However, if we do, and then win 4 championships, I'll be perfectly fine with it. wink
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Uniform Change - 03/31/17 07:26 PM
We're not going to read pages of useless drivel again about how a change in uniforms may be a positive influence on the team are we?

It was painful yet funny reading it the first time.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Uniform Change - 03/31/17 07:37 PM
As with everything else on this board, you have the right, and ability, to either read a post, or not.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Uniform Change - 04/01/17 03:06 PM
Sometimes humor is a good thing.

Because believing a uniform can suddenly make a team without talent, be talented, is pretty funny. Hopefully people learned their lesson the last time.
Posted By: JPPT1974 Re: Uniform Change - 04/03/17 02:45 AM
Yeah as they say and with the uniforms. Have to see it to believe it.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Uniform Change - 04/03/17 01:51 PM
I get league rules and all but If I'm the guy footing the bill for MY team... I'll change unis when I want to! The NFL needs an enima.
© DawgTalkers.net