DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Milk Man Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/20/23 03:09 PM
Browns vs Texans in red. Game is on CBS. Old friends Ian Eagle and Charles Davis are on the call.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=16
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/20/23 03:49 PM
Definitely "viewable." Don't know if I want Cincinnati to win or to lose. I'm leading toward lose because I want them to hopefully have their back broken by the time they play us. Not that that's stopped them from playing spoiler before (2007).
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/20/23 05:39 PM
This is one of the rare times where we don't even have to care about the outcome of a divisional game. That said, it might be nice for Cinci to lose just to create some additional space between them and us, but the beautiful thing is that it truly doesn't matter.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/20/23 07:14 PM
How about this:

Browns beat Texans
Steelers beat Bengals
49ers beat Ravens
Falcons beat Colts
Chargers beat Bills
Bucs beat Jaguars
Patriots beat Broncos
Raider beat Chiefs

I'd take that smile
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/20/23 07:59 PM
I'll add the caveat that I live in the Cincinnati market, so getting a dampening on all this Browning talk would be nice. I was having dinner with the fam here in ooberville last Saturday after the Vikings game and a bunch of drunk old guys were still at the restaurant bar jabbering. One of them posited keeping Browning over Burrow. I sure wish they would.
Posted By: The Collector Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/20/23 08:34 PM
Another game in my area.... get to watch it without worrying about internet stuff.

I'll take it
Posted By: jfanent Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/20/23 09:46 PM
Arch, Clem and the rest of us here in NW Ohio have been extremely lucky this year. I don't think we've been pre-empted once for a Lions game this entire season. It usually happens 2-3 times.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/20/23 10:09 PM
Agreed. Although, I've had family things that have affected my viewing. But really, not a big deal. I record the games if I'm not able to watch them live. My family - extended - has no problem telling me during our get togethers about what's going on. Ticks me off, but, family.

Another issue this week: yet another Christmas. Not til later, of course, but, well...........I like to imbibe during some games.
Posted By: The Collector Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/20/23 10:12 PM
CBS only game this time.. won't bet pre-empted by anyone..
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/20/23 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by jfanent
Arch, Clem and the rest of us here in NW Ohio have been extremely lucky this year. I don't think we've been pre-empted once for a Lions game this entire season. It usually happens 2-3 times.

When I lived in Mercer County, prior to retiring to be close to the kids near Dayton, the Browns were on most weekends on Lima stations.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/20/23 11:53 PM
I'll just start the predictable....those announcers suck, we get no respect from the networks. Those guys are biased and don't know how to call a game.

LOL
Posted By: slick Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/21/23 12:51 AM
Am I in the minority when I say I'm gonna kinda me Sanchez? Or as my wife calls him "butt fumble"
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/21/23 02:11 AM
I like Charles and Eagle, they know the Browns and we need a win in Houston so bad it isn’t even funny.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/21/23 03:33 AM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I'll just start the predictable....those announcers suck, we get no respect from the networks. Those guys are biased and don't know how to call a game.

LOL

Blasphemy, Peen! Ian Eagle and Charles Davis are the best.

On a side note, we never (very rarely) have Kevin Harlan and Trent Green call Browns games. Kevin Harlan is great.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/21/23 03:55 AM
Yeah I have zero issues with Ian Eagle (famous last words probably).

Jonathan Vilma can go straight to hell though with his announcing.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/21/23 04:07 AM
Ian Eagle calling spilled drinks tonight at NYK game...

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/21/23 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Milk Man

LOL

On a side note, we never (very rarely) have Kevin Harlan and Trent Green call Browns games. Kevin Harlan is great.

Not a Charles Davis fan. He routinely tries to tell you what a call is and is wrong. His "walk backs' are next level though....as he has tons of experience.

However, Ian Eagle is one of the best in the business. I think he has a soft spot for Cleveland too.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/21/23 12:11 PM

LOL

Not a Charles Davis fan. He routinely tries to tell you what a call is and is wrong. His "walk backs' are next level though....as he has tons of experience.

However, Ian Eagle is one of the best in the business. I think he has a soft spot for Cleveland too.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/21/23 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Agreed. Although, I've had family things that have affected my viewing. But really, not a big deal. I record the games if I'm not able to watch them live. My family - extended - has no problem telling me during our get togethers about what's going on. Ticks me off, but, family.

Another issue this week: yet another Christmas. Not til later, of course, but, well...........I like to imbibe during some games.

If my family would ever (they have not and will not) scheduled something for when the Browns are playing they all know I won't be there. Hell my kids scheduled their weddings around Browns games as they were afraid I would not go to their weddings if the Browns were on. smile
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/21/23 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

That’s all part of the charm!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/21/23 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

That’s all part of the charm!
rofl
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/21/23 10:12 PM
I always wondered why oober gave himself that user name. There’s a place in Ohio called ooberville. That’s funny to me.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/22/23 04:09 AM
When playing videogames, I've always used the gamertag of oobernuber (or whatever variation of that that's available). I changed it a few years ago to SirDiesAlot.

You get the jist.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/22/23 06:24 AM
Originally Posted by jfanent

What you say is true, but this time, you'll have to speak for yourself. My personal mileage has been very different.

Our service is currently in a contract dispute with Tegna. As a result, we've not been able to see any Browns games broadcast on CBS for the better share of a month. No network or local programming, either. WTOL is dead in our house. Our out-of-date "smart" TV is loaded to the max, so we can't add an HD antenna to grab local broadcasts.

New Year's Resolution: do the research/cut the cord. We spend too much/month to get hundreds of channels we never use, while losing the ones we actually watch. Long overdue.

Thankfully, this past month has seen good representation on FOX, so it hasn't been a total Browns desert. Also, I'll be at my Sis-In-Law's for Sunday's game.
As usual at Chez Clem, it's been annoying, typical... but also not the end of the world.

I'm too old to sweat this junk, and too lazy/antisocial to go to a bar on a Sunday.
I deserve the life I'm living.
wink
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/22/23 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by lampdogg
I always wondered why oober gave himself that user name. There’s a place in Ohio called ooberville. That’s funny to me.

LOL - I actually have that on my profile because I just happened to move to the same suburb that oober lives in. There is no such place...

...yet.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Week 16 Coverage Map - 12/22/23 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by oobernoober
When playing videogames, I've always used the gamertag of oobernuber (or whatever variation of that that's available). I changed it a few years ago to SirDiesAlot.

You get the jist.

Play some BF'42 do ya? LOL
© DawgTalkers.net