Next Thread
Print Thread
#2050553 12/20/23 11:09 AM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Browns vs Texans in red. Game is on CBS. Old friends Ian Eagle and Charles Davis are on the call.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=16

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Definitely "viewable." Don't know if I want Cincinnati to win or to lose. I'm leading toward lose because I want them to hopefully have their back broken by the time they play us. Not that that's stopped them from playing spoiler before (2007).

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
This is one of the rare times where we don't even have to care about the outcome of a divisional game. That said, it might be nice for Cinci to lose just to create some additional space between them and us, but the beautiful thing is that it truly doesn't matter.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: dawglover05
Legend
Legend
How about this:

Browns beat Texans
Steelers beat Bengals
49ers beat Ravens
Falcons beat Colts
Chargers beat Bills
Bucs beat Jaguars
Patriots beat Broncos
Raider beat Chiefs

I'd take that smile

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
2 members like this: FORTBROWNFAN, PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'll add the caveat that I live in the Cincinnati market, so getting a dampening on all this Browning talk would be nice. I was having dinner with the fam here in ooberville last Saturday after the Vikings game and a bunch of drunk old guys were still at the restaurant bar jabbering. One of them posited keeping Browning over Burrow. I sure wish they would.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Another game in my area.... get to watch it without worrying about internet stuff.

I'll take it

Legend
Legend
Arch, Clem and the rest of us here in NW Ohio have been extremely lucky this year. I don't think we've been pre-empted once for a Lions game this entire season. It usually happens 2-3 times.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
Agreed. Although, I've had family things that have affected my viewing. But really, not a big deal. I record the games if I'm not able to watch them live. My family - extended - has no problem telling me during our get togethers about what's going on. Ticks me off, but, family.

Another issue this week: yet another Christmas. Not til later, of course, but, well...........I like to imbibe during some games.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
CBS only game this time.. won't bet pre-empted by anyone..

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by jfanent
Arch, Clem and the rest of us here in NW Ohio have been extremely lucky this year. I don't think we've been pre-empted once for a Lions game this entire season. It usually happens 2-3 times.

When I lived in Mercer County, prior to retiring to be close to the kids near Dayton, the Browns were on most weekends on Lima stations.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I'll just start the predictable....those announcers suck, we get no respect from the networks. Those guys are biased and don't know how to call a game.

LOL

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Am I in the minority when I say I'm gonna kinda me Sanchez? Or as my wife calls him "butt fumble"

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
L
Legend
Legend
L
I like Charles and Eagle, they know the Browns and we need a win in Houston so bad it isn’t even funny.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I'll just start the predictable....those announcers suck, we get no respect from the networks. Those guys are biased and don't know how to call a game.

LOL

Blasphemy, Peen! Ian Eagle and Charles Davis are the best.

On a side note, we never (very rarely) have Kevin Harlan and Trent Green call Browns games. Kevin Harlan is great.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yeah I have zero issues with Ian Eagle (famous last words probably).

Jonathan Vilma can go straight to hell though with his announcing.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Ian Eagle calling spilled drinks tonight at NYK game...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Milk Man

LOL

On a side note, we never (very rarely) have Kevin Harlan and Trent Green call Browns games. Kevin Harlan is great.

Not a Charles Davis fan. He routinely tries to tell you what a call is and is wrong. His "walk backs' are next level though....as he has tons of experience.

However, Ian Eagle is one of the best in the business. I think he has a soft spot for Cleveland too.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

LOL

Not a Charles Davis fan. He routinely tries to tell you what a call is and is wrong. His "walk backs' are next level though....as he has tons of experience.

However, Ian Eagle is one of the best in the business. I think he has a soft spot for Cleveland too.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Agreed. Although, I've had family things that have affected my viewing. But really, not a big deal. I record the games if I'm not able to watch them live. My family - extended - has no problem telling me during our get togethers about what's going on. Ticks me off, but, family.

Another issue this week: yet another Christmas. Not til later, of course, but, well...........I like to imbibe during some games.

If my family would ever (they have not and will not) scheduled something for when the Browns are playing they all know I won't be there. Hell my kids scheduled their weddings around Browns games as they were afraid I would not go to their weddings if the Browns were on. smile

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
2 members like this: Steubenvillian, jfanent
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

That’s all part of the charm!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

That’s all part of the charm!
rofl

Tackles are tackles.
L
Legend
Legend
L
I always wondered why oober gave himself that user name. There’s a place in Ohio called ooberville. That’s funny to me.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
O
Legend
Legend
O
When playing videogames, I've always used the gamertag of oobernuber (or whatever variation of that that's available). I changed it a few years ago to SirDiesAlot.

You get the jist.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent

What you say is true, but this time, you'll have to speak for yourself. My personal mileage has been very different.

Our service is currently in a contract dispute with Tegna. As a result, we've not been able to see any Browns games broadcast on CBS for the better share of a month. No network or local programming, either. WTOL is dead in our house. Our out-of-date "smart" TV is loaded to the max, so we can't add an HD antenna to grab local broadcasts.

New Year's Resolution: do the research/cut the cord. We spend too much/month to get hundreds of channels we never use, while losing the ones we actually watch. Long overdue.

Thankfully, this past month has seen good representation on FOX, so it hasn't been a total Browns desert. Also, I'll be at my Sis-In-Law's for Sunday's game.
As usual at Chez Clem, it's been annoying, typical... but also not the end of the world.

I'm too old to sweat this junk, and too lazy/antisocial to go to a bar on a Sunday.
I deserve the life I'm living.
wink

"too many notes, not enough music-"
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by lampdogg
I always wondered why oober gave himself that user name. There’s a place in Ohio called ooberville. That’s funny to me.

LOL - I actually have that on my profile because I just happened to move to the same suburb that oober lives in. There is no such place...

...yet.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by oobernoober
When playing videogames, I've always used the gamertag of oobernuber (or whatever variation of that that's available). I changed it a few years ago to SirDiesAlot.

You get the jist.

Play some BF'42 do ya? LOL

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 36 Texans 22 Week 16 Coverage Map

Link Copied to Clipboard