Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Legend
Legend
D
I thought it all worked out well ...

His 4 game suspension allowed him to fall to round 5 of my fantasy draft ... i scooped him up ... i also scooped up one Laveon Bell who was suspended for 3 or 4 games and he fell to the11th pick ...

I won the entire thing that year ... over all points champion and SB champ ...

No clue who was right or wrong ... it worked out well for me ... *L* ..

To keep on topic ... I also drafted a suspended josh Gordon that year ... 2 out of 3 ain’t bad ... rofl ...

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
There's a collective bargaining agreement that governs this whole process, and the league arguably ran afoul of that a number of times throughout the process. However, they were able to work the court system effectively enough to ultimately get the suspension reimposed.

I guess you see that as a victory, that the NFL was able to consolidate so much power in the player discipline process to be able to effectively levy any punishment they want, including at players who... how do you say it... might garner a little more sympathy from you.

Legend
Legend
I drafted him too bro. Worse decision I made that year.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
So they ran afoul and still got what they wanted?

It even went through the court, and Brady still got suspended?

So why are you even bothering? Lol it makes no sense.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: Swish
So they ran afoul and still got what they wanted?

It even went through the court, and Brady still got suspended?

So why are you even bothering? Lol it makes no sense.

The courts weren't there to determine whether the Pats were guilty or innocent in the Deflategate case. If that were the case, much of the circumstantial evidence the NFL provided would be laughed out of court, and since there wasn't any hard evidence, the inevitable conclusion would be the Pats were not guilty.

I forget exactly what all of the court battles were about. One of them had to do with whether a suspension ever should have been considered to begin with. For example: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/11/the-10-things-that-still-bother-me-about-deflatega

Quote:
9. Roger Goodell failed to treat this as an equipment violation.

The NFL and the NFL Players Association have negotiated a fine schedule that applies when players engage in an equipment violation. The list of equipment violations includes the use of Stickum, a foreign substance that makes it easier to grip a football.

If guilty as charged, Brady was involved in a scheme aimed at making it easier to grip a football. So why wasn’t this treated as an equipment violation? Neither the league nor Goodell ever have supplied a plausible explanation to that straightforward and simple question.

Disagreeing with the decision of two colleagues who, like him, had been randomly assigned to hear the federal appeal of the Brady case, the Chief Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit hammered away at the point that Brady, if guilty, should have been slapped at worst with a fine in the amount of $8,268.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Yeah, really.

It matters for Brady, but not Hillary?

You're talking politics in the wrong forum. Make some phone calls. I'm sure you can find a place to rent a clue.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NFL reinstates Josh Gordon

Link Copied to Clipboard