S
Penalties and horrible defense.

Did I cover everything?

L
Legend
Legend
L
You forgot lack of nfl coaching and roster

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
terrible play calling.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn

Did I cover everything?

Coaching

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Cavs preseason starts soon. Once they get started I'll hop off this cluster $&@* show and watch a team that isn't trash.

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: BADdog

Did I cover everything?

Coaching

Coaching kinda correlates with both...

I'm just, wow. This team is so STUPID.

Hey, Dwayne Bowe got a target though! That's 2 out of the last 3 games!

M
All Pro
All Pro
M
Once he stopped holding the ball too long, McCown looked pretty good.

Barnidge asks "Jordan who?"

Clearly no one has explained what is and is not a penalty to this team. Yellow flags do not indicate points.

Our special teams are leaps and bounds beyond last year. Just wish we didn't need to see Coons and Lee so very often.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"One man's Bum is another man's Hobo" - Waterdawg
Legend
Legend
I'm honestly numb

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We talk consistency being important but I really don't want to see this consistently!

O'Neil goes tonight and by seasons end this entire FO will/should follow.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Two bad teams, the less stupid one won.

Gilbert, Mingo, Shelton and Orchard. Three 1st/one 2nd round picks....no impact and even sucking when on the field.

That's the reason why everyone will get fired at the end of the season. Not McCown/Manziel controvery everyone is talking about. The D stinks and everyone responsible has contributed to that mess.

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The problem is that their not abjectly horrible. Their juuuust good enough to keep you guessing/hoping. Just tantalizingly mediocre enough to break your heart. I'm waiting for that 34-3 game when the last vestige of it gives out. You know it's coming. It's so hard to be a Browns fan.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
On the old clevelandbrowns.com board I had the screen name AlwaysNextYear.... I am thinking it may be time to resurrect it. I truly am beginning to believe that this team plays this awful on purpose. They simply defy the law of averages.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
yawn another loss

Thought flip called a great game on offense. McCown held the ball to long and didnt see the field very well but when he checked down the receivers and backs bailed him out. He did however have some amazing throws and he did enough to win the game today.

defense choked

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Our D scheme is awful. This is terribly coached team on the D side in particular.

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
McCown 32/41 356, 2 TD, 0 INT

You got a hundred yards rushing.

Just unreal.

Look, the offsides was bad, and dumb, but we would have been lucky to get a professional kicker to miss that field goal. What angers me is you got that drive from the offense to tie the game, and San Diego was in field goal position in 4 plays. 4 plays.

This defense is garbage. They're overrated. If this continues they shouldn't be the highest paid defense next year. People should be shown the door.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Problem is there's no blue chip QB this year to suck for.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: OhioStateBrowns
On the old clevelandbrowns.com board I had the screen name AlwaysNextYear.... I am thinking it may be time to resurrect it. I truly am beginning to believe that this team plays this awful on purpose. They simply defy the law of averages.

But, they still get paid their millions. Soooo, who cares????

#gmstrong
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess

Yeah, I don't care about draft position any more. There are some good quarterbacks, but none of these kids right now are going to be great out of the box.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The defense was so terrible. They gave up 30p and 450yds to an Offense that missed half their starters and was only left with two healthy WR for the game.

Danny Shelton was owned by backup UDFA OL today. The fat dude sucks

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
I wonder if the "fail for cardale group is still around" lol.

M
Legend
Legend
M
This was the Dwayne Rudd Incident 2.0

Jim O'Neil, other than being Pettine's drinking buddy and/or his old pal because he played for Pettine's old man, offers little and should be considered a liability to the organization.

Where was Danny Shelton and Starks on the last big run up the middle by Woodhead?

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
This was the Dwayne Rudd Incident 2.0

I know it seems that way, but the Browns had that game won.

Today it was tied, and they were in position to win. We would have been the luckiest team for him to miss that FG. It's a dumb play, but Rudd's gaffe happened when the clock showed 0:00 and the Browns ahead. It's not the same.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I wait all year to watch football and the season is done on October 4th. ARGH so freaking frustrated.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I was reading about that play THIS MORNING in the worst plays ever article on ESPN.com

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Cavs preseason starts soon. Once they get started I'll hop off this cluster $&@* show and watch a team that isn't trash.

The Cavs actually make it worse for me. I don't WANT a basketball team providing Cleveland its next title. I can't COUNT how many Bengal fan friends I have that type or post 'Believeland' on Facebook as they root for the Cavs during the playoffs. I'm developing an ulcer just thinking of this.

Yeah, I have issues.

Oh yeah, the Chargers game. What else is there to be said? Bad team, bad coaching, penalties, lack of preparedness, lack of adjustments, NO light at the end of the tunnel.

Bring on the Ravens. . . . wink

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Browns and their pathetic defense got beat by 2nd stringers.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
The only thing I can say is the O did enough to win this game. If the D wasn't a bunch of stiffs and got a few stops it would have been game over. D is supposed to be the strength of the team, and SD was playing without half their line and 2 WR. One sack, really? SAD.

L
Legend
Legend
L
oh if it don't happen with the Cavs, My guess we are 10-15 years from it every happening. I'd prefer to have it any way.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: jb52
The only thing I can say is the O did enough to win this game. If the D wasn't a bunch of stiffs and got a few stops it would have been game over. D is supposed to be the strength of the team, and SD was playing without half their line and 2 WR. One sack, really? SAD.

And what's the next game where we'll play a Defense that bad? Hmmm? The Brown and Orange scrimmage next year, maybe.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
NRTU.. Williams and the rest of the defense takes a bus back to Cleveland and Haslem greets Pettine at the Plane with a 2nd pick slip of the day. Farmer got his the moment he came off his vacation. God this team.. The Nortcutt drop, the Winslow pushout non pushout and games like this make we wonder if they shouldnt move again. 12 penalties? 12? Gmafb

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
And I have the sick and foreboding feeling that this year's Cavs team is going to break our hearts in ways we haven't even imagined yet. I just have the worst feeling about it.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
so disgusted i quit the post game crap.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
S
All Pro
All Pro
S

Goff, Cook.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
yawn another loss

Thought flip called a great game on offense. McCown held the ball to long and didnt see the field very well but when he checked down the receivers and backs bailed him out. He did however have some amazing throws and he did enough to win the game today.

defense choked

You think throwing the ball virtually every single down was calling a great game? Flip is as much a part of the problem as anyone. If we RUN the ball, perhaps we can keep our defense OFF THE FIELD. Keep Rivers off the field.... I'm supposed to buy in to having McCown throw the ball 45+ times every week? That's our best way to play? I don't think so.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
L
Legend
Legend
L
Offense did their job today, with the exception of being held back by coaching and McCown a few times being McCown, they did enough to win, you score 27 points you should win. This season has been the kind of defensive effort that gets you an interim HC at the bye.. I woudn't even shed a tear. I almost don't even want to see Manziel, No way can anything this staff is teaching be helpful to him. We don't have any NFL coaches. The bad thing is, there is so much wrong with this defense, it would take a miracle to even sure up half of the things by seasons end. We don't have any leaders on defense, the rest are old, think they aren't the problem (haden, whiffner), or just are young and aren't being coached properly.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Invisible front 7...Shelton releasing off the snap too slow...Both DEs make zero plays...Kruger is super slow and stiff and doesn't contain...Mingo is a liability has no reason to be on the field and not an asset...Kirksey disappears...Dansby is declining fast due to age...Sums that up

We get neautrilized instantly anytime we blitz....that's not how blitzing is supposed to go, somethings seriously wrong

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
And I have the sick and foreboding feeling that this year's Cavs team is going to break our hearts in ways we haven't even imagined yet. I just have the worst feeling about it.

Maybe, maybe not, but don't let that get in the way of enjoying the ride. It's going to be fun. I mean if you really thought that way, how on earth are you a browns fan?

T
Legend
Legend
T
Radio says, we can't trade fg's for td's .

I wonder how Gabriels 2 pt conversion catch will be scored in the stats.

Dwayne Rudd in 2001 threw his helmut on a sack of a kc qb, with no time left from their own side of the field the browns d just avoiding the td played eons off the line of scrimmage and the result was a tackle in fg range, and the Chiefs kicked a fg to win with no time on the clock

Today you know, the offsides on a missed fg gave San diego a chance to, a SECOND chance to kick the fg to win the game.

And I ask myself, that's twice, why don't the Browns kick fg's against other teams to win with no time on the clock.

AND THE ANSWER IS OBVIOUS. The Browns offense is not potent enough to put other teams in the situation that those teams put the Browns in.

If I were, Barnidge, Duke Johnson, Travis Benjamin, or Josh McCown, I'd be the most upset at this loss.(because they did well in crunch time on that drive)

Philip Rivers, has been the Charger Qb for how many years? 7, 8, 9, more? Around the league teams have starting qb's, I think maybe the Browns are a Qb away.

It is disheartening to see that there is no clear future at the Quarterback position for the Browns. They didn't even take a chance on a mid rounder this year. Are they going to rely on Austin Davis who they just extended? Do they plan to find a Quarterback the way they found Robert Turbin, or Josh Gordon?, because those guys don't come in supplemental drafts, or waiver wires.

You can't expect the offense to be as potent as the opponents when the average team in the NFL can have a quarterback who has been on that team for however long, but it's longer than 17 months or less.

Do the Browns keep a qb 17 months?

I only heard Dwayne Bowe's name one time on the radio, when they said Travis Benjamin had to come out because he was winded.

What O coordinator can't find a way to put Bowe on the field except as Benji's backup? HUH? Somebody should be explaining something.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

Maybe, maybe not, but don't let that get in the way of enjoying the ride. It's going to be fun. I mean if you really thought that way, how on earth are you a browns fan?

That's the DEFINITION of being a Browns fan!

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Our D scheme is awful. This is terribly coached team on the D side in particular.

I said this in the gameday thread, but we are just 2 years removed from that awesome defense Ray Horton ran. Makes you miss that guy so much more. This is what a high turnover rate does to your team and why I cannot stand resets. I seriously believe we could have been closer had Chud not been replaced so haphazardly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 27 Chargers 30 Post game nonsense

Link Copied to Clipboard