Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Pure Football Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Browns News Continued.... superbowldogg 03/19/24 05:14 AM
30 1,014 Read More
Palus Politicus Jump to new posts
Re: Cuckoo Democrats And What They Have Become Pt 4 Clemdawg 03/19/24 04:02 AM
Jon Stewart on the 3/11 Daily Show last week.

A YouTube link to this monologue would violate this website's language policy, but It's worth finding. wink
Those writers are great. They do their homework, and drop some great lines.

Time stamp 11:41-end nails it.

"Wear the right *ing colors-"

thumbsup
365 4,616 Read More
Re: Browns QB Room ScottPlayersFacemask 03/19/24 03:44 AM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Hopefully, you all won't get pissy (like last year) if we end up trading Huntley for 5th rounder.

No, this year they would still have Winston on the roster if they traded Huntley away. The cupboard wouldn't be empty like last year. They would still have a pretty good backup in place. It amazes me that after having to pull Flacco off the couch last year in a hail Mary that luckily worked, people wouldn't admit that going into the season last year they had no legitimate backup and they learned from their mistake rather than blame the fans that knew they were making a mistake last season.

Depends.
Are we admitting this to the ones that were upset Brisett was starting over Dobbs the year before? tongue

I said it last year and same now, I am happy with the trade and what they received for Dobbs. Was it unconventional? Not really. Did it all work out? Yes. We had a good season and the extra 5th rounder made the Jeudy trade easier on us. However, yes I feel more comfortable having this set up on paper.

I liked Memphis post because if Watson is good to go, I expect we will try to trade him (like we did Dobbs).
66 1,246 Read More
Re: Browns Hire Mike Vrabel as a Consultant bugs 03/19/24 02:56 AM
The rules are set up where you must have a QB to win. To win playoff games you have to have an elite QB. Here is where there are not 32. There are maybe five or six.

To get an elite QB, teams must tank to get a chance to draft the best QB.

Teams with all the pieces except a QB have a slim chance of winning the Super Bowl.

Teams that favor one side of the ball (defense or offense) have zero chance.

It is next to impossible to build a team unless a team has an elite QB.
33 755 Read More
Re: Republicans-still at it-again northlima dawg 03/19/24 02:02 AM
Pro-Trump lawyer arrested on bench warrant in Washington, D.C.
Craig Mauger
Beth LeBlanc
Grant Schwab
The Detroit News

Stefanie Lambert, a Michigan lawyer who has championed dubious claims of election fraud, was arrested in Washington, D.C., Monday afternoon because of a bench warrant, according to a spokesman for the U.S. Marshals Service.

The arrest ended an 11-day saga of uncertainty that played out after Oakland County Circuit Court Judge Jeffery Matis issued a warrant because Lambert failed to appear for a hearing related to four felony charges she's facing in Michigan.

Lambert, who's gained prominence among supporters of former President Donald Trump, refused to turn herself in and attempted to challenge the warrant in court filings. On Wednesday, Matis called on the attorney from South Lyon "to comply with that warrant."

Meanwhile, Lambert has also been representing businessman Patrick Byrne, former chief executive officer of Overstock, in a defamation lawsuit brought by Dominion Voting Systems. There was a hearing in Byrne's case in federal court in Washington, D.C., at 3 p.m. Monday. Lambert attended the hearing despite the warrant.

After the hearing concluded, all lawyers and observers, except for Lambert, exited the meeting room and U.S. marshals entered.

One reporter asked the marshals later to comment on whether an arrest was made of Lambert, and they declined to answer the question. The hearing room's doors, at that point, were locked.

Later Monday evening, Mike Dito, a public information officer for the U.S. Marshals Service, confirmed Lambert had been arrested.

More:2,000 pages of 'confidential' Dominion emails dumped on social media

In August, Special Prosecutor D.J. Hilson revealed four felony charges against her, including undue possession of a voting machine. Lambert and others who were spreading theories of fraud about the 2020 election allegedly conspired to obtain and analyze five tabulators that were used in Michigan.

Lambert has resisted getting fingerprinted by authorities as her criminal case is ongoing. In a court filing on March 8, Lambert contended that Hilson wants to use her fingerprints to compare with evidence on the tabulators.

On March 7, Matis intended to hold a court hearing on why Lambert hadn't been fingerprinted despite orders that it happen. But Lambert didn't attend the hearing, leading to the bench warrant.

Dan Hartman, who's Lambert's lawyer, argued on Wednesday that there were "communication issues," involving Lambert and her former lawyer Michael J. Smith, causing her to not show up. Smith withdrew as Lambert's lawyer soon after the bench warrant was issued.

Judge mulls 'severe remedy'
Lambert represented Byrne in federal court in Washington on Monday afternoon for a hearing before Magistrate Judge Moxila Upadhyaya about why she turned over confidential records from Dominion in the case to Barry County Sheriff Dar Leaf.

In recent days, a new social media account using the name and photo of Leaf has released more than 2,100 pages of emails from employees of Dominion as the elections equipment company maintained Leaf got improper access to internal messages through the breach of a court order.

An account on the website X with the handle @SheriffLeaf sent out links to the Dominion emails, which were marked "confidential." Leaf didn't immediately respond Monday to a request from The Detroit News, asking whether he was personally operating the account.

Upadhyaya questioned why Lambert provided the documents to Leaf rather than ask the court to unseal them first.

Lambert said she wanted "law enforcement" to investigate the documents.

"If I had a literally dead body," Lambert said, "I wouldn't bring it to the court first and ask the court what to do with it."

On Friday, attorneys for Dominion filed an emergency motion in federal court in Washington, D.C., arguing in favor of a judge disqualifying Lambert from providing legal help to Byrne in the defamation case, contending she had improperly shared with Leaf confidential records, provided under a protective order through document discovery in its lawsuit against Byrne.

The company said its employees face death threats.

"From social media calls to lynch Dominion personnel to a man armed with a rifle who came to their offices, Dominion’s employees have directly suffered the consequences of the lies spread by Byrne and his fellow defendants," Dominion's lawyers wrote. "They now fear further threats due to conduct of his counsel done at his direction."

Upadhyaya didn't rule on whether Lambert should be disqualified on Monday, calling that a "severe remedy" that would take more time to consider. She did, however, rule that Lambert and Byrne's access to the document repository must remain cut off until further notice.
76 822 Read More
Re: Trump starts the Appeals process northlima dawg 03/19/24 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by Jester
All trump has to do is sell one property for the exorbitant value he claims it is worth and he has an appeal for the NY fraud case.

His lawyers have said, I think in a court filing, that they contacted over 30 bond providers. None of them want property as collateral. They only want cash. My understanding is that he would need 1 billion in cash as collateral. Even if he were as wealthy as he has said he is, he doesn't have that kinda liquid cash. Again, I've not read this, just heard it on the news, but my understanding is that the Trump team has filed some kind of motion that would allow him to appeal without putting up the bond.

I'm not thinking that will work but I guess we'll see.

My understanding from it is if they don't get a bond or cough up the cash by next Monday, the judgement moves forward and NY can start looking at remedies for the cost of the award.
trump is asking that the appeal moves forward with either a greatly reduced bond amount (he cites other cases that this has happened) or the appeal moves forward with no bond at all, cause his properties cover the cost of any judgement. But that is before there are any liens against them, and that is actual appraised cost, not trump appraised cost.

From Wiki-Wells Fargo & Co., the master servicer of the $100 million mortgage loan Trump took out in 2012,[141] placed the tower on a debt watch list in September 2021 because its average occupancy had fallen to 78.9% from 85.9% at the end of 2020. Revenue was $33.7 million in 2020, $7.5 million in the first quarter of 2021.[142] By early 2024, Gucci was the only large retailer in the tower's retail atrium, which had once contained up to 60 stores.[143] Another analysis, publicized in February of the same year, found that the average per-square-foot cost of a condominium at Trump Tower had nearly halved from 2013 to early 2024.[144][145] The decline in condo prices was attributed to competition from newer towers nearby, the age of the building, and the protests that regularly occurred outside it.[144]

Daman, there are a couple other ways he could do the bond. You correctly stated cash, he could also get a equity loan himself against his properties, or he could put up stock/bonds, etc as colleterial. I am not sure if he could use the ownership of truth social as colleterial. I keep hearing if that deal goes through with the anticipated value of his in that venture would be worth about 4 billion. The sale is being held up as there are business partners suing trump, and he would not be able to cash his shares for 6 months after the sale anyway-I don't understand why he couldn't put them up to secure the bond.

My guess on the whole deal, he told the court a week out that he can't secure the bond in the hopes he gets the bond reduced. In reality, he doesn't want half a billion dollars bound up for a year or two while he keeps appealing to get the cost down, but doesn't want to pay the interest, and doesn't want the judgement to move forward.
21 335 Read More
Re: The economy…… Bull_Dawg 03/19/24 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
You do realize that things you have decided to make up in your head is the same thing people do to base what they "think and feel" as being factual with nothing to actually base it on don't you? That's how so many people have sold themselves on conspiracy theories because they align with what they want to believe. I don't see why you would consider something like that as anything relevant in a discussion based on factual information. And it sounds a little far fetched.

I think you're conflating your thought process with mine. You want to believe that Ukraine can win with just material support.

I very much would rather not believe that they can't win without more than material support.

It definitely doesn't seem like you've been in the military if you think what I've written is far fetched. I've been at the "pointy end" of "big stick diplomacy." I've first hand experience with things that have been misrepresented in the media.

Maybe, you are right and Zelensky doesn't want US troops. If so, it's likely because he thinks he'd have a hard time getting them to leave afterwards rather than he thinks he can win on his own. He might have something there, if so. Or it could just be pride.

Unfortunately, the longer this conflict goes on, the more it favors Russia without outside involvement. Russia is bringing in conscripts from wherever it can find them. Ukraine needs all the help it can get.

What a disgusting Trump opinion. Is that blank after Bull for the rhetoric you espouse Dawg?

If something doesn't fit your beliefs and their narrative or you just don't understand something, scream Trump. You've been indoctrinated well.

The underscore must have come from an unconscious need to separate myself from other "Dawgs" that have thoughts that are too jumbled for them to actually make sense and don't have room for any ideas that aren't their own.

Which part of what I wrote do you find so objectionable? Has Trump been advocating for sending troops against Russia? I admittedly have no idea what Trump is saying these days.

Honestly, I don't really want to send troops. But, if we're just going to send equipment and have Ukraine stick to conventional war on their own, the long term outcome looks bleak. Arms manufacturers will be fat and happy for awhile if this travesty keeps dragging on, I guess.
103 1,262 Read More
Re: Israel at war again. dawglover05 03/19/24 12:22 AM
That really sucks, man. You hate to see innocents getting caught up, especially when it comes to something as horrible as starvation.
145 2,869 Read More
Re: Political Jokes Pt. 3 FATE 03/18/24 11:39 PM
167 2,455 Read More
Tailgate Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Jake Paul fight against Mike Tyson is announced for July 20 and will be streamed live on Netflix Ballpeen 03/18/24 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by EveDawg
I'm from Westlake. What issue do you have with Westlake?

Try reading it again. Maybe it would help if you read it slowly this time. Here, I'll help you out. He's not proud of the fact the Paul brothers are from Westlake.

You're welcome.

I read it the way she did, but figured it out after giving it some thought. The wording was a bit choppy.
31 861 Read More
Re: Player News Continued..... oobernoober 03/18/24 05:53 PM
Regardless, they have so little invested in this experiment that they can sh-can the whole idea next offseason and not really be any worse for wear (other than a wasted year).
112 2,857 Read More
Re: Build That Wall or Elect Someone Who Will PitDAWG 03/18/24 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by EveDawg
You just make up imaginary crap as you go.

Hey! You resemble that remark.
327 2,790 Read More
Tailgate Forum Jump to new posts
Re: CAVS/NBA Rishuz 03/18/24 12:15 PM
Paper tiger. I think that’s clear.

It’s also hard to imagine them going all the way with the Celtics looking like they are.
139 5,685 Read More
Re: How did Putin Convince Republicans to support RUSSIA dawglover05 03/18/24 12:12 PM
Just another data point…

Again, find me one time he stood up to Putin. Just one.

It really stinks to high heaven.
130 1,376 Read More
Everything Else... Jump to new posts
Re: Music Video Thread #3471 PitDAWG 03/17/24 06:47 PM
184 5,344 Read More
Re: St. Patrick's Day, 2024 mac 03/17/24 04:54 PM
The Day EVERYONE is allowed to claim that they are Irish... thumbsup nanner
1 43 Read More
Re: Elon Is At It Again.... PitDAWG 03/17/24 02:57 PM
I'm pretty sure Musk didn't. Many companies could do it. Here is the company that did......

CEO of the insurance company that backed Trump bond in Carroll case defends issuing policy

The CEO of the Chubb insurance company defended the $91.6 million appeal bond in the case where he was found liable for defaming E. Jean Carroll after she accused him of rape.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...arroll-case-defends-issuing-p-rcna143252
296 6,248 Read More
Re: Eotab... captainphil 03/17/24 12:47 PM
Eotab's 'what I saw' threads were a staple on the board for years... rip eotab
65 2,184 Read More
another 5k race in Mentor tomorrow morning. sk8termom 03/16/24 10:19 PM
Hi everyone - Xander and I are running a 5k race in Mentor tomorrow morning. Last time I did a 5k I broke my slow record by more than 10 minutes at 38:49. Xander did his in 25:54 with a pace of 8:20/mile. Wish us look! It should be kind of cold but at least no rain.

Hope everyone is doing well!
0 15 Read More
Re: Tornado-Logan Cty Oh YTownBrownsFan 03/16/24 09:58 PM
I just got back from the GMC nomination conference in Reynoldsburg. There was a woman there from Indian Lake, whose house survived, untouched, while all of the surrounding houses were leveled. The church (denomination and 2 local churches) are going to do their best to step in and help however we can once they won't be in the way.
13 235 Read More
Re: 6 eighth graders face criminal charges over 'hateful and racist' online chat: DA PitDAWG 03/16/24 07:53 PM
I believe that if parents were doing a good job these things would never have a happened in the first place. It's a prime example why our children should be taught tolerance and that all people should be treated equally regardless of race, sex or gender.
11 192 Read More
Re: Browns Sign Jameis Winston bonefish 03/15/24 07:47 PM
Being miserable is a choice.
72 1,632 Read More
Fani Willis will remain on the case in Ga. Damanshot 03/15/24 07:28 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/03/15/us/fani-willis-trump-georgia

Just watching the coverage, The Special Pros has resigned so Fani stays on. No idea how this will play out.
0 25 Read More
Re: Browns Signing Jordan Hicks Bull_Dawg 03/15/24 04:28 PM
Just a mic'ed up from a couple years ago. The line around the 35 second mark seems to fit with Schwartz. The advice there would also fit what I'd like to see from Bush.

24 855 Read More
Re: Browns Sign LB Devin Bush mac 03/15/24 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by bonefish
Here is the PFF draft profile for Bush.

[video:youtube]https://www.devinbushii.com/posts/nfl-draft-profile-devin-bush-pff/[/video]

Interesting because Schwartz knows how to use the strengths of his players.

This video is from April 2019, just before the 2019 draft.

He had a good rookie season (2019)

In Oct 2020, Bush tore his ACL in the 5th game, done for the rest of the season.

2021 & 2022 Bush failed to achieve his 2019 level of play and the Steelers did not retain him.

2023, Bush looked to be on the Seahawks special teams..did have 1 start..he had 5 tackles for the season.
14 493 Read More
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4