Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Pure Football Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Deshaun Watson today 10YrOvernightSuccess 10/02/26 09:34 PM
I know this sounds sick but I'm almost counting on him getting injured at some point. I said in another thread (maybe the prediction thread?) a while back that the worst case scenario for this team was DW actually playing like it's a contract year and we end up thoroughly outside of top QB territory and then he just saunters away. The ultimate F U.

I simply cannot imagine us resigning him, from either side. But mostly his side. There's literally zero reason for him to NOT test free agency thoroughly. With all the ugliness of the last 4 years, I just can't imagine him wanting to come back here if he's got a bunch of other choices. Even if it's been great this year with this team, Miami floats a contract and he goes. If he looks like old DW for the balance of the season, he'll have a lot of choices. This is a Browns are damned if he sucks, damned if he plays well situation. This would have been great any other year but this year.

Of course I want to win. And I know how freaking hard it is to find a winner. I loathe the whole story of DW and the Browns. But would I support the team doing it... yea probably. I would be always expecting the other shoe to drop with him. He'd sign and blow his achilles for the third time on the first day of practice. And the league would laugh and laugh and laugh. I would to. Thru the tears.

All we can do is wait. I love winning, I love the energy on the team right now. I know it's important for the young guys to taste this. But I admit I feel mixed. I feel like a guy who's out at 2am tying one on with friends, just going with the flow, having a blast and drinking it up with no end in sight but knowing I got court for a DWI first thing in the morning. Should probably put it to bed, but I'm having fun, so Se la vie!
112 5,950 Read More
Palus Politicus Jump to new posts
Re: Why the Dems? PitDAWG 10/02/26 07:00 PM
Do you even bother to read anything before you reply?

Quote
We have laws to deport people who are here illegally. Undocumented immigrants are not eligible for traditional Medicaid, Medicare, or federal Affordable Care Act (ACA) subsidies.
31 396 Read More
Palus Politicus Jump to new posts
Re: Republican Right Wing Nuts - Part ???? PitDAWG 10/02/26 05:31 PM
President Trump is expected to name Director of National Intelligence Jay Clayton as the White House’s artificial intelligence czar, according to a source familiar with the matter.

Professional Career

• Sullivan & Cromwell: Spent over two decades as a partner at the law firm, specializing in mergers, acquisitions, and capital-raising.

• SEC Chairman (2017–2020): Led the Securities and Exchange Commission during Donald Trump's first presidential term.

• Private Sector: Served as lead independent director for Apollo Global Management and board member for American Express.

• U.S. Attorney (2025–2026): Served as the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, where he oversaw high-profile cases like the narco-terrorism indictment of Venezuelan leader Nicolás Maduro.

• Director of National Intelligence (2026–Present): Nominated by President Trump and confirmed by the Senate to oversee the nation's intelligence community.

It sounds as if he has an extensive career to be an AI czar. Totally qualified and highly versed with a long background in and knowledge of AI.
214 10,888 Read More
Palus Politicus Jump to new posts
Re: Trump Administration's Continued Attack On the Justice System PitDAWG 10/02/26 03:45 PM
Trump attacks Supreme Court justices he picked for rejecting his push to restrict mail ballots

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Tuesday went after the Supreme Court after it rejected his push to restrict mail-in voting in this year's midterms, saying justices who opposed him were "not the people I interviewed."

His social media missive was just the latest in a long history of Trump assailing justices, particularly those he had nominated, who ruled against him on his administration's most prominent initiatives. The president has been publicly furious with the Supreme Court over its decisions against restricting birthright citizenship and his ability to issue tariffs unilaterally.

On mail-in voting, the Trump administration had made a last-minute push to have the U.S. Postal Service play a central role in deciding who would be able to receive a ballot. But state election officials argued there was not enough time to make the changes for the Nov. 3 midterm elections — and said their systems were already secure and accurate.

The court ruled late Monday in an emergency order that the restrictions would most likely lose in court, at least for this year's election.

"The Court's inability and unwillingness to do the right thing for our Country will go down, in a very negative way, in the annals of History," Trump wrote in a lengthy social media post Tuesday. "This Supreme Court is bullied and cajoled by the Radical Left into making decisions that have set America back at least a hundred years."

Justices Sam Alito and Clarence Thomas publicly dissented from the order, and Trump on Tuesday called them "legends both." Trump has nominated three of the justices on the Supreme Court — Neil Gorsuch, Amy Coney Barrett and Brett Kavanaugh.

"These are not the people I interviewed to serve on the United States Supreme Court, they are merely a shell of their original selves," Trump said. He asserted that the court "is costing the United States Trillions of Dollars with shockingly bad rulings that are of such magnitude that it won't be easily possible for our Country to recover or heal."

The president has a lengthy track record of attacking judges, often very personally, who issue decisions that go against his wishes, and Trump has long viewed his legal appointments as owing loyalty to the person who nominated them to the bench.

So as Barrett, Kavanaugh and Gorsuch ruled against Trump at varying points over the years, the president has not hesitated to go after them publicly, while praising them if they sided with him in a case.

Yet this court, led by Chief Justice John Roberts, has ruled in favor of Trump on several of his priorities, most notably the 2024 decision from the court's conservative majority that said former presidents are presumptively entitled to immunity for all official acts. That paved the way for Trump to run for reelection without threat of a criminal trial that year.

Trump has opposed mail voting and falsely blamed it for his 2020 election loss. A report by the Brookings Institution published in 2025 found that mail voting fraud occurred in only about four cases out of every 10 million mail ballots cast.

Roughly a third of voters use mail ballots, and mail voting has already begun in some states. The decision allows states to continue sending out mail ballots under the same processes they've used for years.

On Tuesday, Trump also complained that the decision took too long to issue.

"It is not easy for me to write this criticism of the United States Supreme Court - it will likely cost me dearly for years to come - but I feel it my obligation and duty, as President, to do so for the America we love!" Trump said.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politi...ecting-his-push-to-restrict-mail-ballots

So it really has nothing to do with them doing their actual jobs. The constitution wasn't written to do everything trump wants to do. But somehow this man thinks the SCOTUS should ignore the constitution to do as he wants them to do. And once again if they don't it's somehow the fault of.............. "This Supreme Court is bullied and cajoled by the Radical Left into making decisions that have set America back at least a hundred years.".............. "radical left".
2 53 Read More
Tailgate Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Cleveland Guardians 2.0 MemphisBrownie 10/02/26 12:55 PM
Lou Pinella in the early 2000s. Ozzie Guillen in 2011. Maybe John Farrell the year after.

Managers need to ok it, unlike players unless the contract dictates otherwise (aka no trade clause).
290 26,602 Read More
Pure Football Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Random NFL News jfanent 10/02/26 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
Odell Beckham Jr. cut by Giants in sad end to quiet second stint

https://nypost.com/2026/09/29/sport...giants-in-sad-end-to-quiet-second-stint/

What did his Dad say about that?

It's Baker's fault.
176 16,494 Read More
Palus Politicus Jump to new posts
Re: Poltical Jokes Part 5 PitDAWG 10/01/26 08:02 PM
They're saying her marriage had gone to Schmitt after she went to the theater. Bryon Noem, her estranged husband said he is just thankful she didn't kill the family dog..... yet.
247 17,074 Read More
Everything Else... Jump to new posts
Re: Health update Homewood Dog 10/01/26 04:35 PM
My prayers and support to you OCD. My poor wife went through this so I've unfortunately seen it firsthand. Stay positive and keep fighting!!
9 223 Read More
Palus Politicus Jump to new posts
Re: Supreme Court has given the Trump administration the green light to use a federal citizenship database to verify voters OCD 10/01/26 04:30 AM
Well, I see the hardcore trumpers are still self identifying on DT… didn’t anyone tell them MAGA is dead and their universe is disintegrating around them? Almost $7 a gallon for diesel, promises made promises kept? I thanked each and every traitor, er uh, Trump voter as I paid $6.27 a gallon for heating fuel oil. More than twice what I paid under biden.
22 559 Read More
Tailgate Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Quarterbacks 10YrOvernightSuccess 09/30/26 06:02 PM
This goes here. A thumbnail of all the major qb’s thru 4 games. Chambliss is still studding out. Apart from one pretty golden moment I’m sure a few here will (always) remember, Manning looking like he may still need a year at this point. Moore hasn’t been great and now a concussion. Mensah wasn’t really on my radar, is now. Sellers looking very average.

It’s still early but interesting: Linkipoo
63 3,839 Read More
Palus Politicus Jump to new posts
Re: GOP Invesigation of the Investogators PitDAWG 09/30/26 03:21 PM


Somebody certainly Schmitt the bed on that one!
1 120 Read More
Everything Else... Jump to new posts
Re: Aging bonefish 09/30/26 11:07 AM
Chappelle had a good one on aging.

"I know I am getting old. I can feel it for the first time. I was in my hotel room. This is embarrassing I'm not going to lie. I was jerking off.
I was really working at it. Sweating and everything. And I just gave up. I knew it wasn't happening.

I don't even like looking at my dick. Salt and pepper all down there.

50 4,151 Read More
Everything Else... Jump to new posts
Re: GM has passed OCD 09/30/26 02:54 AM
RIP GM.
49 2,588 Read More
Fantasy & Gaming Jump to new posts
Re: Dawgtalkers Pickum Pool 2026 FATE 09/29/26 08:19 PM
Bro, the first three weeks are always murder for me. My attention is 100% on the Browns in the preseason. I spend the first three weeks saying "oh yeah, I forgot he plays there now". My win was 100% luck lol.

Anyway, you had the balls to pick some tough underdogs, including our Browns. Kudos.
26 1,072 Read More
Pure Football Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Browns new cont. 2 FATE 09/29/26 06:32 PM
Damn Hammer, tell us how you really feel.
40 2,254 Read More
Palus Politicus Jump to new posts
Re: The Dems......again PitDAWG 09/29/26 03:34 PM
In September 2026, the Iowa Farmers Union (IFU) officially endorsed a full slate of Democratic candidates for both federal and state-level elections. Group leadership stated that the candidates were scored and selected based on their commitment to family farmers regarding critical issues like corporate consolidation, unfair trade policies, rural healthcare, and water quality.

164 7,790 Read More
Tailgate Forum Jump to new posts
Re: OSU/ College Football Ballpeen 09/29/26 10:59 AM
The problem is too many idolize the thug mentality. Be it in sports or anywhere else. The actual hit can be shrugged off as an accident. The celebrations can't. We have become like the Romans, a blood thirsty society.

More on topic of college football, the Gators look like they finally found the right head coach.
161 20,581 Read More
Everything Else... Jump to new posts
Re: Baseball vs Football George Carlin Style FORTBROWNFAN 09/28/26 10:51 PM
Classic.
1 88 Read More
Palus Politicus Jump to new posts
Re: The White House launches ‘Trump TV’ after media ban northlima dawg 09/28/26 10:32 PM
19 646 Read More
Everything Else... Jump to new posts
Re: Education oobernoober 09/28/26 05:15 PM
College, for many, has historically been something "you just go and do". You come out with a piece of paper and hopefully it works for you.


I think college, nowadays, should be viewed as an investment. There are good investments and bad investments, and bad investments will set you back. You really have to put some thought into your degree beyond how interesting it sounds. Will it help you land a higher-paying job and pay the bills? You have to think about that because you're going to have at least 1 big bill coming out of school. Obviously, scholarships can play a large role in college choices, but those can be tougher to come by and you're still likely to come out of it with loans to pay.
23 717 Read More
Tailgate Forum Jump to new posts
The athletic BADdog 09/28/26 01:09 PM
Anyone else annoyed with "The Athletic" crap that keeps popping up on NFL.com? They are trying to get you to subscribe. It sucks I do my best to avoid the "A" prefixes now
0 55 Read More
Pure Football Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Chubb to Retire as a Brown Dawgs4Life 09/27/26 04:04 PM
well done Nick
31 1,196 Read More
Everything Else... Jump to new posts
Re: More Music bonefish 09/22/26 03:27 PM
If I could sing.

I would want to be able to sing like Nat King Cole or Joe Cocker.
260 24,144 Read More
Pure Football Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Coulda, woulda, should oobernoober 09/21/26 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg
Browns coulda dropped DW and eaten the loss. Keeping him now for the money considerations, and I see no way forward that includes him. We shoulda kept Schwartz; last game was a larger step backward than I anticipated. We woulda been ahead with a few more veterans, because MG's loss has more impact than we have seen yet.
Cute mental exercise to show common ground in Browns fans. But we have managed two things: First, we failed to address QB even in our own room, and we wasted time and reps doing so. Second, our basic fundamentals, especially tackling, blocking, pass rushing, and play mix are not going resemble how we see winning teams demonstrate. Cringe-worthy it is.


There is no way the Browns could have dropped Watson this season. The cap hit would have just destroyed their ability to field a team. They had to play out this team, and then designate him as a post June release so they can split the total left at that point between 2027 and 2028. If we had just dumped him this year, the dead cap was something like $128 million.

Definitely couldn't have dropped him, but I'm curious how much of the restructures to drag out the cap hit were necessary or if we were still trying to save the plan vs blow everything up.
16 989 Read More
Tailgate Forum Jump to new posts
Re: this got to me KNOXDAWG 09/20/26 09:40 PM
i guess you could re sign with the same losing team for more money and then bolt to another SB contender for even more money. that could ease a lot of pain
21 1,044 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5