Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Legend
Legend
A
Kind of agreed, kind of not.

We split the forces up? Ok. I think the troop numbers were probably sufficient, but,

Problem seems to be though, we limited what our forces could do. ROE.

Plus, in afghanistan at least, we weren't necessarily fighting uniforms - we were fighting insurgents.

In Iraq, the uniformed Iraqi military went down quite quickly.

Swish, back me up, or tear me apart.

Did the ROE help or hamper?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh I agree that rules of engagement limit effectiveness. There's no doubt about it. But as you mentioned, the Iraq military was defeated quickly. Their military didn't seem to be the issue.

It was after their military fell that the real trouble began. That's when we started fighting the insurgents and their roadside bombs, snipers and they were mixed in with the citizens. That's how it's been ever since in both Afghanistan and Iraq. Now it's the same way in Syria and parts of Iraq.

None of them wear uniforms. They have their own territories as well as blending in with the citizens. And the more citizens we kill trying to wipe out terrorists, the more terrorists we create.

I'm not sure about the answers, but I'm pretty clear what the problem is.

It's why you can fight an army, but not an ideology.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Yup.

Real problem now is, ideology is winning.

The muslim radicals are terrorizing. Doing nothing emboldens them.

We'll be attacked here, sooner rather than later.

And then what?

I think it was DC that made mention of France attacking an ISIS headquarters. Only AFTER the attacks in France. Why do we/they wait to attack a "headquarters" ? If we know they're bad, and we know where they are, why not hit them now?

Oh, because we don't know where they are.

Legend
Legend
Arch, absolutely.

i just made this video in response to what you was hitting on. I hope everybody understands what the ROE does to us.

Hopefully YTown doesn't cry again because we're talking about real stuff again.

Last edited by Swish; 11/17/15 06:19 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Swish
Arch, absolutely.

i just made this video in response to what you was hitting on. I hope everybody understands what the ROE does to us.

Wow...Swish...is that you? Thanks for sharing. Very informational.

Couldn't help but feel, the entire time you were demonstrating, that is what American citizens are going to feel like when we begin to see ISIS attacks in this country with more frequency...and we will.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Nobody is going to feel like that, nor should they,

The only time that will ever happen is if an actual government declares war on the US and invades.

and yea thats me. ugly mug and all.

Last edited by Swish; 11/17/15 06:50 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Legend
Legend
C
Thanks for the video, it was educational and informative.

Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
Arch, absolutely.

What do you do when a giant 100 foot cat looks like its about to attack your convoy?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
thanks. yo if anybody wants to know stuff like that in detail, i'm more than happy to make video's explaining it, as its kinda hard for me to explain anything correctly when i write stuff.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Summon godzilla.

unfortunately, my wife won't let me have an iguana.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
thanks. yo if anybody wants to know stuff like that in detail, i'm more than happy to make video's explaining it, as its kinda hard for me to explain anything correctly when i write stuff.

Thanks for that, good job. You definitely come across better live.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Once again I'm a moderate willing to look at both sides. I backed the war Afghanistan 100%. The war in Iraq was unneeded and uncalled for. We spent years training their troops and officers to defend their own country to no avail. We spent years and huge expense in establishing elections and a democracy. You really need to do some fact checking on that. We spent years and years trying to do exactly what you are saying and it simply didn't work.

Instead of splitting a volunteer army into two separate wars, one of which was not needed, we limited out troop strength into two separate war fronts, dividing our strength in half. This proved to be fruitless and a very poor war strategy.

According to your line of thought, we'd still be in Vietnam.
I'm pretty sure this wasn't a response to me.

I remember being pissed about going into Iraq. If going into anywhere I thought Saudi Arabia or half a dozen African nations made more sense.

Most people believed going into Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and everything to do with getting Sadam.

You're right Pit, Colin Powell is far from being a "libby", or whatever bogey man label blind conservatives want to create, and he called it from the beginning, but everyone with a shred of non-partisan fanaticism knows that.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent

Thanks for that, good job. You definitely come across better live.

Unlike Swish I come across the same in my video's as I do on the board, and in real life

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: rockdogg
The bottom line is the invasion of Iraq created the intensity of al queda and isis.

So if we're talking about roosting make sure the roost is spacious.

The invasion of Iraq caused that? That's a huge rewrite of history.

Al queda attacks:
12/29/1992 - Yemen hotel bombing - meant to kill US soldiers on their way to Somalia.
2/26/93 - WTC truck bombing - First attempt to bring down towers.
8/1998 - US embassies bombed in Kenya and Tanzania
1/3/2000 - Attempted bombing of USS The Sullivans - failed
10/12/2000 - USS Cole bombing.
9/11/2001 - You should know this one
12/22/2001 - Shoe bomber
4/11/2002 - Ghriba synagogue bombing in Tunisia
10/6/2002 - Limburg bombing in Gulf of Arden - oil tanker bombed, leaking 90000 barrels of oil leaked into gulf
10/8/2002 - US marines attacked on Failaka Island off Kuwait while training
10/12/2002 - Bali bombing

All of these occurred before the Iraq invasion. Care to revise your earlier statement? Isis is nothing more than a new name for 'Al queda in Iraq', that our military fought and defeated in Iraq.

These guys were on a conquest before we got involved in Iraq, before we got involved in Afghanistan, and before the founding of this nation. The names change, the leaders change, but it's still the same goal. Make the world Islamic and under their control.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
I'm struggling with something and I know you folks have a perspective I could use.

A: We are a country made up of people from other countries. So not allowing refugees in seems wrong on many levels.

BUT

B: We are a country that has a giant target on our backs. Letting refugees in from countries known for supporting terrorists or at least allowing terrorists seems like a recipe for disaster.

How do we reconcile those two simple truths.

I have one idea but I'm not sure how practical it is or how effective it would be.

Exhaustive background checks on anyone allowed in. Once they get here, they go to a camp. Yes, kind of a prison but not really. Feed and house them, treat very well (a lesson to learn here is we should treat our veterans way better than we do) and if they pass those background checks, release them. But when I say exhaustive, I mean dig down deep.

Smell something fishy, ship them back. No questions asked. Done, gone.

Just some thoughts.

Keep in mind, I'm a guy that knew both sets of Grandparents. They all came here from Italy. I'm ALL FOR legal immigration. 100% in favor.

1,000,000,000% against illegals being allowed in.

Refugees are different I know. They are coming from a place where they are being killed.

But here's another question. What if they (syria in this case)purposely set this in motion. I mean, what if they tortured their people so they would flee to the USA. Once here, they become moles for ISIS or ISIL or whatever the hell it's called today. What if that's the plan?

These people have to know that attacking with planes and soldiers isn't going to work. We'd destroy them in a heartbeat.

The only way to beat America is from the inside.

Blow up Grocery Stores, theatres, parks, retail malls etc....

I think I just answered my own question.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
we defeated them?

thats news to me, care to enlighten me on who was shooting at me then?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
But here's another question. What if they (syria in this case)purposely set this in motion. I mean, what if they tortured their people so they would flee to the USA. Once here, they become moles for ISIS or ISIL or whatever the hell it's called today. What if that's the plan?

Maybe if people listened to what they actually say.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/islamic...en-into-europe/

Last week, Western Journalism reported how Islamic State works to realize its end-times vision. This vision includes a future battle between Muslim armies and Western nations in the vicinity of Rome.

We also reported that Islamic State threatened to flood Europe with 500,000 Muslim refugees this year. Three hundred and thirty thousand refugees have already arrived since then, with a record 107,500 migrants arriving in Greece in July alone.

C
Legend
Legend
C
People really need to source the websites they post on here.

Maybe look into Western Journalism a bit and see what they are about.

Any website that has a "Write for Us!" link is not to be taken seriously.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

its funny because Erik is the main one on EE who cries about people's sources.

then he turns around and does this.

Last edited by Swish; 11/18/15 10:59 AM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
You're a plant! Get your evil liberal media bias outta here!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/5554...Europe-Refugees

http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/isis-smuggler-we-will-use-refugee-crisis-to-infiltrate-west/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...pon-bombed.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/isis-terrorists-exploiting-migrant-crisis-6694992

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ttack-West.html

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/09/...-to-be-careful/

And some people should do their own research, rather just discount news they don't agree with on a whim.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

What do you mean? Are you trying to tell us that ISIL did not actually challenge Europe to a cage match in the Roman coliseum like this fine article suggests?

C
Legend
Legend
C
He posted Brietbart guys! He actually did it! Brietbart!

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Well keep in mind what kind of threat to Americans actually exists in our country already. I wonder why refugees would feel safer here than in Syria.

So do the "background checks" on these refugees and also know that a large majority of the terrorists weapons come from the American weapons black market.

So I agree with all the suggestions about keeping us safe, but I don't want us to fail due to short shortsightedness.

Legend
Legend
Well keep in mind what kind of threat to Americans actually exists in our country already. I wonder why refugees would feel safer here than in Syria.

So do the "background checks" on these refugees and also know that a large majority of the terrorists weapons come from the American weapons black market.

So I agree with all the suggestions about keeping us safe, but I don't want us to fail due to short shortsightedness.

Oh we need pictures on this one. I want to see one of these terrorists carrying a weapon with "Made in USA" stamped on it.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
we've fought taliban soldiers in afghanistan that had us weapons provided to them by Reagan in the 80's.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
They also got "Made in America" weapons from the Iraqi troops who dropped them as they ran away once Obama abandoned them by pulling our troops out.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Oh we need pictures on this one. I want to see one of these terrorists carrying a weapon with "Made in USA" stamped on it.
More than 2,000 terrorist suspects have legally been buying weapons in the US.

More than 2,000 people on the FBI’s terrorist watch list legally purchased weapons between 2004 and 2014, a Government Accountability Office report says.

The roughly 700,000 people on the list are still allowed to buy firearms — though felons and drug addicts are not.

“Membership in a terrorist organization does not prohibit a person from possessing firearms or explosives under current federal law,” according to another GAO report from 2010.

Between 2004 and 2014, listed people tried to buy guns in America at least 2,233 times — and were successful 91 percent of the time, a March report says.

In 2013 and 2014 alone, 485 people on the list submitted to gun-related background checks, and of those, 455 were approved.

“Reasons for denials included felony conviction, under indictment, adjudicated mental health, misdemeanor crime of domestic violence conviction, fugitive from justice, and controlled-substance abuse,” the report says.

Well, these are just the legal ones.

Not sure having "Made in USA" is relevant, but I think you can make the connection anyway.

I hope you can.

The important thing is to protect American lives in every way possible without exception, right?

Legend
Legend
because Bush methods were so much better, right?

If I'm going to compare one Presidents methods to a previous Presidents methods, do I then have to include an analysis of the other 42 Presidents as well?

I never mentioned my opinion on Bush's methods, don't get your democrat panties in a wad.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I missed the part about where terrorists are buying American weapons on the black market?

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

More than 2,000 terrorist suspects have legally been buying weapons in the US.

More than 2,000 people on the FBI’s terrorist watch list legally purchased weapons between 2004 and 2014, a Government Accountability Office report says.

The roughly 700,000 people on the list are still allowed to buy firearms — though felons and drug addicts are not.

“Membership in a terrorist organization does not prohibit a person from possessing firearms or explosives under current federal law,” according to another GAO report from 2010.

Between 2004 and 2014, listed people tried to buy guns in America at least 2,233 times — and were successful 91 percent of the time, a March report says.

In 2013 and 2014 alone, 485 people on the list submitted to gun-related background checks, and of those, 455 were approved.

“Reasons for denials included felony conviction, under indictment, adjudicated mental health, misdemeanor crime of domestic violence conviction, fugitive from justice, and controlled-substance abuse,” the report says.

Well, these are just the legal ones.

Not sure having "Made in USA" is relevant, but I think you can make the connection anyway.

I hope you can.

The important thing is to protect American lives in every way possible without exception, right?

Looks to me that another federal government program is bloated and inefficient.

Legend
Legend
I missed the part about where terrorists are buying American weapons on the black market?

Are you talking about the downtown Chicago market?
Yea, you can buy any weapon you want from the gangs there, they have them illegally too.

Legend
Legend
omg guys, he called me a democrat!!! quick, somebody call the cops, my feelings are hurt!!!

Why would you need to include the analysis of the other presidents if the other presidents didn't have to deal with this issue.

i could see Bush Sr, Reagan, and Clinton. but not the others,

So i'll get my democratic panties out of a wad when you start posting stuff that actually makes sense.

which i won't hold my breath for.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
omg guys, he called me a democrat!!!

For some reason when i read that, in my head, it sounded like a 12 year old girl.

Quote:
Why would you need to include the analysis of the other presidents if the other presidents didn't have to deal with this issue.

I was just comparing Obama's strategy with Clinton's because I find them similar... If you are incapable or unwilling to do that, then that's cool... I don't need to discuss every other President who has dealt with the issue to do that.

Why not the others? I'm pretty sure the first US President that had to deal with Muslim terrorists was Thomas Jefferson...

Quote:
So i'll get my democratic panties out of a wad when you start posting stuff that actually makes sense.

You don't want to have a debate that makes sense, you want to blame and obfuscate and drag in all sorts of things that have nothing to do with the point. See, my point was simple, I see a similarity between Clinton and Obama and I think they are going to end the same way.. you took that to mean I think Bush is better.. when all I see is that Bush was different... but that wasn't part of the point I made.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
omg guys, he called me a democrat!!! quick, somebody call the cops, my feelings are hurt!!!

which i won't hold my breath for.

No, no, your panties aren't Democratic at all.

Legend
Legend
please, i've debated plenty with regards to this issue. you're the one who started pointing fingers at obama. you're just upset yet again, i called you out.

cry cry cry.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
ya know...i went back in this thread and read some of these post.

i apologize to everybody. you should compare WW2 to ISIS, because a lot of you guys sound like a bunch of Nazi's. same logic and all.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Just trying to help. superconfused

Legend
Legend
i understand 40, but honestly i'm just fed up with it.

we seem to repeat the same dumb mistakes over and over again throughout history.

our country constantly since at least the 80's back the wrong group in the middle east.

we definitely seem to lost what was one of the best characteristic of american culture: compassion. we never hated people or cultures like this, man. we always tried to be understanding and do what we can to help.

now it's every man for himself. you see it displayed in real life and on this board. nobody gives a damn about each other anymore.

i mean whether its the middle east or europe, americans seem to care about everything else except our own people.

just frustrating.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I obfuscated once, spent a night in the clink for that one LOL rofl

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Is America's worst threat internal or external?

Link Copied to Clipboard