Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
Or.....Pettine tanked the season.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: crazyotto55
mac, if he needs help from the running game and the Defense to win.....LOL....why are you going to record the game? Your own experience should tell you that's not gonna happen.

craz...I want to see DAVIS!

I'm not about to throw in the towel even though the Browns are underdogs...but that's just me! thumbsup

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: crazyotto55
Austin Davis is certainly a good, hard working guy. And I hope he does well today, although I don't expect that. But there is a reason he was cut by the Rams even though he started several games for them in the past. Maybe more than one reason, who knows?

So let's be clear on one thing....the only QB on our roster that has even a remote chance to be a regular starter in the NFL is Johnny Manziel. Not Josh McCown. Not Austin Davis. Not anyone on the Practice Squad. Johnny. Period.

Now, that doesn't mean he will become a good starting QB in the NFL. He's certainly done his best to sabotage his own career. and, honestly, the Browns haven't done him a whole lot of favors either. (Truthfully, damn near all Browns QB's can say the same thing). But Johnny still has at least the potential to be good. But with the boneheads running this organization I doubt we'll ever see that potential here. Too bad. I was interested in seeing what the kid could do with 5-6 games.

One last thing. I don't ever want to hear Pettine tell me he's playing the person who gives the team the best chance to win. Because that's pure bullcrap and we all know it. If he was doing the best for the TEAM he'd have fired his DC long ago and he'd certainly have started Manziel this week. Hell, if he really wanted to help the team he'd have resigned a month ago and kidnapped Farmer when he left. Just my 2 cents....

I think this is an excellent post and I quoted it because it was towards the bottom of the previous page and people may have missed it.

There is a ton of truth in that post. Well done.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Austin Davis makes Josh McCown look like Tom Brady.

2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Hard to believe you could say that. When he has had a pocket for more than 1.5 seconds he throws well. What is needed are players than can support his efforts.
You know, an OFFENSIVE line, WR's and a defense that can allow us to run the ball instead of forcing us to pass.

Last edited by OrangeHelmet; 12/06/15 04:43 PM.
D
1st String
1st String
D
Originally Posted By: OrangeHelmet

Hard to believe you could say that. When he has had a pocket for more than 1.5 seconds he throws well. What is needed are players than can support his efforts.
You know, an OFFENSIVE line, WR's and a defense that can allow us to run the ball instead of forcing us to pass.

David is making solid decisions and has a solid arm. He is not doing bad despite the lack to talent around him. We are outclassed against Cinci....

Just the dawg in me..........
Legend
Legend
I thought that Davis actually played pretty well, despite the rest of the team either malfunctioning, falling asleep, or planning their off-season vacations around him. I have seen more enthusiasm and excitement out of patients under anesthesia. crazy

This team has no playmakers. None. Gary Barnidge is the best playmaker on this team. Think about that for a minute. Our vaunted OL stinks. Our defense might as well not even set foot on the field and save themselves the embarrassment. The defense pressured Dalton one time today. Once. The defense stopped the Bengals on their 1st drive. I don't think they stopped the Bengals again all game long.

The OL we drafted to make sure we had depth looks like he has never played on the OL in his life. He has already been benched for an UDFA.

I am embarrassed by this team, and I truly hate to say that. This team shows as much fire as the ocean. I had talked myself into believing that this team had a bunch of average talent and was just missing those difference makers. I was wrong. This team has minimal talent. We actually might be OK at QB for right now. That might be our best position, from top to bottom. I think that any of those 3 can win games on a good team. Unfortunately, we are years away from having a good team.

I just cannot imagine how we have managed so much ineptitude over so many years, and with so many different front offices and coaching staffs.

Hey, the defense got their 2nd stop of the game, against AJ McCarron. Yea team. *sigh*

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Davis played well. QB play certainly isnt why we lost. Our lines look terrible and our secondary got torched.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Arps
Davis played well. QB play certainly isnt why we lost. Our lines look terrible and our secondary got torched.

My thoughts exactly!

+1

S
SM3 Offline
Rookie
Rookie
S
He played well did he? The interception, the other two that should have been interceptions were thrown directly to a bengal defender. Two, or was it three intentional grounding penalties? No sense of urgency ever. Checked out of one play into another and the play he audibled to got Johnson creamed before he was one step away from the qb. So, I would have to say, no he didnt play well, and no he really doesnt make good decisions. I see people saying if he had weapons blah blah. He had the same weapons that McCown had when he threw for almost 500 yards and the same weapons that Manziel Had when he threw for almost 400. So that is not an excuse, it is the same for all three qbs. Austin Davis is a good backup QB, I would keep him to back up whoever is our starter next year, but he is NOT starter material.

Legend
Legend
At least he didn't flip it.

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
The announcers are full of it don't believe everything you hear from them.

1. Davis broke out of the pocket sometimes too soon but EVERY TIME TO THE RIGHT.

2. Announcers lambasted Dray's block that eventually sacked Davis. When his block was actually what you want from you TE on a pass rusher. He rode him back and around not to have him sack Davis in the pocket but Davis took off to the right, outside the pocket and got killed by the guy after Dray drove him around the pocket. He was blamed by the announcers when actually he did his job.

3. Davis impressed me with his accuracy between the seems. and mostly inside 10 yards.

4. This excuse I hear all the time of a lack of playmakers being the problem. And yet we had guys open, many of the plays that had Defense make a play especially with more than one guy...we had another receiver Wide open and they weren't dropping the ball.

Running the ball. Our hand off takes so long to develop...outside of obvious passing downs - We should run all Pass and run from Under Center. The RB can get to the hole quicker.

So many times I see our OL do their job make an amazing hole get to the 2nd level. But its like ok where is the RB, Come on lets make that hand off, come on get there and by the time he gets there the hole is closed our OL is 3+ yards down field and we get no gain or lose a yard...ON A WIDE OPEN HOLE!

The announcers were over selling Davis. He wasn't awful but he is nothing more than a back up QB who is just that cause he is smart but he is no Tom Brady. Oh one thing on him being good and doing well. We did not get to the REDZONE ONE TIME the entire game...NOT ONCE two times we hit the 30 and got 3 and tipped FG attempt out of it. And we had open WRs even our #5 and Jennings who was just put on the squad from Practice Squad. Yes, Hartline is not the guy to throw it up and expect a great play from. I agree and I agreed with Pit earlier we do need height for the RED ZONE which may I be redundant - WE DIDN'T GET TO ALL GAME.

jmhobservations

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Just desperate to find anything exciting. Cheering for first downs. pathetic stuff. Davis looks well prepared to a point. But intentional grounding (two? Three?) and taking sacks and also a beating on many plays makes him a yawn. Just sorry line play. Receivers are worthless on 3-5 yard routes IMO.

Get rid of this defense.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
E
Legend
Legend
E
Oh trust me I don't enjoy the Browns play. I mean for the first time of losing in a long time we are getting closer to the number one pick... At least we are losing correctly...smh

btw, I know I'll get crucified for this. Orchard is actually getting better. I don't know if he is 2nd round worthy??? Just know he is getting better. Mingo is just weird. They should just make him an ILB (will) I don't get his none use. These guys especially O'Neil was so so excited to get their hands on him and made him...obsolete???

jmh???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: ThomasE
Originally Posted By: clwb419
Manziel was punished. Start him now. We need to know if he can play and the sample is already too small.

Idiots. All of them.

Maybe that is what they are thinking with Davis as well. Or maybe there's more to what happened with Johnny that we don't know about.
the smoking gun theory...keep telling yourself that...this is freaking football. not some national crisis...let the guy play or set johnny free!

smoking gun theory? not sure what you read, but obviously it wasn't my post.

My point is maybe they wanted to see what they had in Davis. Or maybe more happened with Johnny than we knew about and they kept it in house. Regardless, he started this last weekend. Conversation over

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Austin Davis

Link Copied to Clipboard