Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
The Good:

--The team did not quit. We fought very hard and actually outplayed KC in the second half.

--Johnny extended plays. Got first downs. Was very competitive. Almost willed us to a win.

--Schwartz had one of his better games until he blew a couple of assignments late.

--That number 67 guy is very good at pulling

--Joe T dominated again.

--Gipson played much better than last week.

--Dansby was pretty solid.

--The DL improved.

--Crow ran very well. I know people on here don't like him, but I think he runs better than Duke. I like Duke in the passing game.

--Dez Bryant was very solid w/his gap responsibility and got some penetration.

--Orchard made a few nice plays, especially stopping the WR screen.

The Bad:

--Johnny's footwork led to several poor throws.

--Duke trying to dance in an important short yardage play.

--Not accounting for Smith. He is a much better athlete that what meets the eye.

--Gabriel. What does he do out there?

--Our small WRs kill us in the red zone. I was watching Jax later and I thought they said that they got Bortles, and the three WRs all in one draft. All three of those guys are big, fast, and explosive. They have scored on something like 15 out of the last 16 red zone opportunities. Anyone else see a correlation. Btw..........I hate freaking Farmer, in case you didn't know that. LOL

The Ugly:

--Bowe!

--Another blocked FG.

--T. Williams gets fried every freaking week.

Additional Comment:

--I was actually proud of how we played today. The talent is lacking, but the guys are playing hard. I think JM can be the guy. His numbers were ugly, but he has something about him that is special.

Legend
Legend
Crow has looked better the past few games

Orchard looked like he belonged today

Johnny fights, but man, his footwork is garbage

Barnidge impresses again

Erving looked better, which is a good thing

Pretty much a meh loss for me ... kinda wanted us to lose given our draft slot and Pittsburgh's playoff needs

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I'll resist the JM stuff, I don't want to turn this thread into entirely a QB debate.

The Good
Crow ran real hard today. Real hard. I feel like when he isn't getting hit behind the line, he is really, really great and almost always gets 4 yards, at least.
OL blowing up huge holes in a very talented defensive front.
Orchard making plays.
Shelton is starting to play really, really well, IMO.
Dansby is still highly effective.

The Bad
Duke stuttering a little too much for my liking. He'll get it fixed. When in the open field, he is deadly but he needs to learn to make one cut and go.
Benji made no impact

The Ugly
Anything that involved a passing play
Tramon Williams channeling his inner Buster Skrine.
More time management mistakes.

you had a good run Hank.
A
Legend
Legend
A
I don't know if this is good, bad, or ugly........but I'm going to go with "good". Never before have I seen a 1/2 interception. You know, like they do with sacks.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
--I was actually proud of how we played today. The talent is lacking, but the guys are playing hard. I think JM can be the guy. His numbers were ugly, but he has something about him that is special.

You covered well the salient points, so I have little to add.This is more of a conclusion than an observation, but the KC secondary plays the way Pettine was expecting ours to play - dominant. They pretty much shut down our passing game. Their rookie CB, #22 was outstanding! Yes, Manziel seems to be special and further demonstrates it every game now...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Good point about KC's secondary and that is what Pet wanted from our secondary.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Ugly:

Apparently our inability to stop the run is a result of corners being hurt (according to what the coaches told the announcers).

What was the problem last year?

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I'd like to add another ugly:

Mingo literally bouncing off Alex Smith that propelled Smith for a 40 yard run. What a pathetic bust Mingo is.

you had a good run Hank.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I actually thought Mingo had a pretty good game. I wish we would rush him more.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think Johnny had trouble with the weather today. Some of his throws were WAY off. Not good for a QB in Cleveland. He better learn how to throw in the wind. Not every season will be as mild weather wise as this one has been....

One rushing TD making five on the season. I seriously doubt we get one next week so all in all we went from 16 rushing TDS last year to 5 this season. We went from having a substantial running attack, to a mostly non-existent one. Makes it hard on any QB when everything is put on them. They take a lot of hits that way.

One sack again today. Aside from two games our pass rush has been beyond pathetic. We aren't linebacker poor, we are linebacker destitute. The cupboard is bare.

The ugly as usual is this season. I simply can not wait for this thing to get blown up. I see no redeeming quality in any of them.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Good - Effort (hopefully we can trick Mack or he might be swayed by Joe T's commitment to winning here) we need to keep our good professional players for once - especially keep this line together.

Bad - what ever cold medicine Johnny took before the game ( his footwork has been better - and if his arm mechanics are any indicator - he will work to make his footwork better too) today was bad - I don't know if he got some of that adderal from Bryant but he seemed a little skittish in the pocket.

Ugly - our WRs are completely outclassed - Its tough to defend our GM for completely failing to provide perimeter weapons.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Mingo had Smith but desmond bryant pulled him off for some reason lol

good
Johnny brought some excitement to a game where misery was the expecation

Crow ran the hell out of the ball.

Paztor should not give up the LG spot even when bitonio gets healthy, that kid is balling out there when he pulls, he pulls hard and he throws everything at the defender

shelton played big today

Pet wasn't the robot on the sideline. He was involved with the players and having fun out there.

The bad
Johnny throwing the ball bowlegged. Horrible.
Taking shelton out of the game on 3rd and short. umm why?
Tramon Williams nuff said
Joe Thomas giving up the inside on a run designed between LG and Center

The ugly
our receivers, Gabriel runs a crossing route and not once does he turn his head to see if the ball is coming to him.

Bowe looked clueless

anytime they showed a replay we saw 2 receivers in the same freaking spot and trust me the plays werent designed that way.

the blocked kick. was it just me or did it seem like coons was waiting for the rush to get into position before he kicked the damn ball? lol

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
By the way Vers, you were right about Bridgewater. He's playing very well. Very high completion percentage. Imagine Sammy Watkins and Teddy Bridgewater.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
"Mingo had Smith but desmond bryant pulled him off for some reason lol"

Trying to save the kid from being fined? I swear these coaches hand out fines for touching a QB. smile

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
The Good:
We FINALLY made a second half DEFENSIVE adjustment!!!!
Shelton is figuring it out.
Team fought their butts off! We except....

The Bad:
Activated Bowe.

The Ugly:
See The Bad.

Legend
Legend

The Browns played hard which is a tribute to Pettine and his staff.

DeFilippo made good halftime adjustments. He recognized that the Chiefs were not spying Manziel. That allowed Manziel to run.

Manziel running for over 100 yards is not a good thing. He does that often and believes in that and he will not last long.

The lack of a good receiver corp is obvious.

Nothing that I saw changes my opinion that the Browns should draft a quarterback. Manziel has improved from last year. He has miles and miles to go. There is no proof that that will happen. He still tries to force things. He bails early. His footwork to create a throwing platform is non existent. He does not protect the ball. His style of play will make him very susceptible to injury over time. All reasons for insurance.

The defense played a little better.

I am not into moral victories. The team lost. They are 3-12 for many reasons.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: Cincy_Dawg
Activated Bowe.

The Ugly:
See The Bad.

He was a friggin' CAPTAIN today! banghead

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
Activated Bowe.

The Ugly:
See The Bad.

If that doesn't just say it all... just when you think you've seen and heard it all, they make Bowe a Captain. If that's not worth a *snicker* I don't know what is.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He was returning home against KC, i thought it was a very nice thing Pet did for Bowe to name him the captain in this one with the career Bowe had in KC.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
Activated Bowe.

The Ugly:
See The Bad.

The Uglier: LOL!

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
He was returning home against KC, i thought it was a very nice thing Pet did for Bowe to name him the captain in this one with the career Bowe had in KC.

Yep cause Bowe has done so much for Pet.....

C
Legend
Legend
C
Ugly:

Justin Gilbert, healthy scratch.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sure. It was nice. That's what you want in a head coach? Nice? Lets show our entire team that a guy that has done nothing at ALL this season can be a captain. Because Coach is nice.

Think Paul Brown was nice? Think Belichick is nice? Bowe wouldn't be on the team if either of those guys was HC of this team. You don't produce you are gone. Here's hoping the new GM and coaching staff rid us of this hero of KC. 9 million dollars, a few receptions and he was captain. Talk about a player really giving a team a good screwing. lol

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77

Sure. It was nice. That's what you want in a head coach? Nice? Lets show our entire team that a guy that has done nothing at ALL this season can be a captain. Because Coach is nice.

Think Paul Brown was nice? Think Belichick is nice? Bowe wouldn't be on the team if either of those guys was HC of this team. You don't produce you are gone. Here's hoping the new GM and coaching staff rid us of this hero of KC. 9 million dollars, a few receptions and he was captain. Talk about a player really giving a team a good screwing. lol

What a NICE message that sends to the guys busting ass every week. Yeah...NICE...that's what the Browns need in their coach. LMAO

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Can y'all take this "I hate Pet" rant to another thread and at least attempt to talk about the game? Thanks.

Legend
Legend
for what? you check in the "hate farmer" in almost every thread.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Okay.........go ahead.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good - Halftime adjustments. I can't stress this enough because that is one of my biggest complaints about the Browns all season. On offense they kept the chains moving and controlled the ball most of the half. They dominated the time of possession. On defense they TACKLED! They allowed the Chiefs only 3 first downs the entire 2nd half, two of those on consecutive plays.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Pretty much a meh loss for me ... kinda wanted us to lose given our draft slot and Pittsburgh's playoff needs

+1

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

This. Exactly the same as last week when we made all the college guys who played at Washington and Wash. St captains against Seattle (Travis Coons, Danny Shelton and Xavier Cooper - 2 rookies and a kicker who won't be on the team next year).

Being a "captain" for the coin toss is literally meaningless. It's just a recognition/gesture that Pet has used. They aren't captains for anything beyond that moment. All they have to do is call heads/tails and relay what the coach tells them to do.

But no, let's rip on Pet for allowing Dwayne Bowe to watch a quarter get flipped BEFORE the game....because that's going to undermine the rest of the roster.

And Johnny Manziel is an NFL quarterback. Yeah that too.

Give me a break.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Farmer just flat out thinks he is smarter than every other GM. These small WR's, every single freaking week it's a major issue. Our only playmaker is barnidge and Benji but only against mediocre teams.

Today it was Barnidge and nothing else.

"Taking a shot" near the endzone is a JOKE, an almost impossible, high risk situation for the QB's. There is no such thing as a 50/50 ball on this team it's like 20/80 with these tiny WR's.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Thebigbaddawg

Mingo literally bouncing off Alex Smith that propelled Smith for a 40 yard run. What a pathetic bust Mingo is.

cmon man.. do other teams say that about their players when Manziel breaks away..

it happens.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I think this is the first game where the Browns played the way the coaching staff "expected" them to play all year.. Defense.. running game.. ball control ( at least in the second half )

Now to get the wide receivers and depth.. may need to move some current starters to depth, but need the receivers and depth badly

As I said in another thread... I do not want to hear about the team not wanting to over value the WR position again.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Thebigbaddawg

I thought he got facemasked by a OL and pulled off of smith. He still should have wrapped up.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

How long did it take him to get to midfield for the toss? I swear I run faster than that guy. I can't tell if he's sandbagging or if he has no speed left.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Good
-Manziel made plays with his feet. I didn't like him and didn't want us to draft him, but he's starting to grow on me.
-Pasztor has been pretty impressive and drops the hammer when he pulls. Side note: Erving played okay. Saw him pull a couple of times effectively. He seemed to stay low and get square.
-Crow had a couple of nice runs, Duke had a couple as well.
-From a down, distance and field position, it should have been bad, but Poyer fighting for the first down on the fake punt was pretty sweet. It was one of those "What the hell are you doing?" moments where you end up saying "Yes!! That's what I'm talking about!!" lol

Bad
-Tramon Williams
-Penalties at the most inopportune times.
-Clock Management
-Continually inventing new ways to lose from one week to the next.

Ugly
-Any time our FG unit takes the field for FG or EP...
-Watching a fat azz ref run 15 yard in 9 seconds. I know there was more to the clock management than that, but the game should not hinge on the athleticism or lack thereof of the ref crew.
-Bowe. One target, one drop. Gannon even mentioned how poorly he ran the route by pointing out that he did give Johnny a good window to throw into.
- Next week's game will be another Steeler home game at the end of our season.

#gmstrong.
E
Legend
Legend
E

Good: Our running game.

Our OL played well as a unit.
I also like that kid 67 playing LG he actually improved and you can tell he has been working hard.

Manziel in the game and our run game has prospered.

Defense had a slow start but played a solid game after the first couple of series.

Young players Orchard, Kirksey, Shelton played with a lot of infectious emotion.

Whittner makes a good leader he is growing on me.

Bad: I thought Manziel had one of his worst technical game and his accuracy suffered.

50+ FG another block - this time he was kicking it for a hook as he kicked it right into the penetration...if Coons was kicking his normal little fad it would have been wide right anyways.

Duke Johnson gave up on a possible 3-4 yard gain and tried stopping and going outside without reversing his field or going backside only to end up losing yards. This happened way too often.

WRs as a group - were terrible in their route running nobody was setting up their routes to get open. When Manziel scrambled there was not a good effort to work themselves open. 7 seconds they should all be open!

Gipson looked like he was doing just what he had to and nothing more...the 2nd half he started getting into it finally.

The decision to not go for the FG with 4-5 minutes left?? When time ran out we would have been in a position to win and there would be no need to score the TD.

Don't remember how but we must of used 2 Time Outs the 2nd half on stupid stuff. Cause when the time came to utilize Time Outs as a strategy of the game we only had one to use.

The announcer...he shows and tells all how all WRs were not open each and every one and then as a Summary he says that Manziel has to throw it sooner??? Huh? Nobody was open as in ever for that play saywhat

Ugly: Not much...I'm sure something was but I would class it as bad. Hmmmm in the beginning our tackling was pretty ugly???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Quote:
The announcer...he shows and tells all how all WRs were not open each and every one and then as a Summary he says that Manziel has to throw it sooner??? Huh?

Ha! I heard that as well and just went "What the?"

All good points Tab. Nice to see the oline is getting it together as a unit in the last two games anyways.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
One comment Gannon made was good to hear

He commented that Johnny didn't need the plays on a wristband

I would hope not - but it's nice to see he does know the playbook

S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77

I don't think Pet has a say in who is on the 53 man roster, that is under Farmer's control. Pet has control on the 46 that on playing on gameday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Chiefs 17 The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Link Copied to Clipboard