Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
Are they in limbo or are they shown the door today or wait until we hire a new coach?

would think like every time can leave if they want or take the chance the new headcoach wants you....

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: E.Ryze19
I'm for continuity, but these guys showed no promise. They actually got worse.

All one can do is hope. With money like Haslam has, I can't believe he can't hire the best. Something has to give.......someday.

I think even the "we need continuity for the sake of continuity" group is even in agreement with this.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: dawg66
I think that with the firings he's in charge until someone is hired.

Quote:
Browns owner Jimmy Haslam could announce a restructured front office soon. Strong internal support for chief counsel Sashi Brown to be GM...

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/683808095034863616

C
Legend
Legend
C
There is a press conference scheduled for 8PM eastern.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
If we make a lawyer GM...

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist

Without a real search. . .

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
You wanted to give Pettine time to figure things out, why not Haslam? This is only his third season as owner.

He's had 3+ years .... he bought the team while the fat walrus was stealing money from Junior, and fired them later that year. He then hired Banner, Lombardi, and Chud ,,, then fired them a year later.

He then "got it right" this time. with Pettine and Farmer. 2 years later, See ya!

Here's a tweet about Brown ..... and I think that LaCanfora is fairly well connected, even if I despise what he writes sometimes.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 5m5 minutes ago
Browns owner Jimmy Haslam could announce a restructured front office soon. Strong internal support for chief counsel Sashi Brown to be GM...

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Saving money from all the firings. People will show up and he knows it.

A
Legend
Legend
A
You wanted to give Pettine time to figure things out, why not Haslam? This is only his third season as owner.

Because he needs to quit meddling. It's pretty simple.

His coaches have not been given the tools for success. The successful players he's had want to leave. It ain't a truck stop. His billions don't mean jack when all he does is clean up the showers and expand parking - not in the nfl. The new score boards are neat. They are the showers. The new uni's? Well, they are the expanded parking lots.

Firing your store manager/coach in the truck stop business is one thing. Constantly turning over coaching in the nfl is............well, it's what the Browns do. Look at the results.

Move back to TN, James Haslem. Nobody cares how much money you have. You HAVE, however, created a make or break situation for yourself.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Shurmur won today with the Eagles.... lol

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist

then it means we are bringing in a strong HC who is going to be able to do both jobs?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
J
Legend
Legend
J
Who in the hell trusts Haslam to get it right this time? Look at the steaming pile of crap he's served up thus far.

This organization makes me sick. They are the never ending joke of this league. Haslam fits right in....

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
Move would likely include current exec Morocco Brown in a top evaluating position. Likely not a complete front office house-cleaning...

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/683808259564793856

Quote:
Haslam is meeting with the media at 8pm where he may announce changes. Team plans to hire GM first before launching coach search

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/683808427156598786

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Step 1) Fire Farmer. Opinion - Finally.
Step 2) Fire Pettine. Opinion - Meh. I would have kept him. Nobody out there immediately better that I see.

Step 3) NEEDS to be cut #2.
Step 4) NEEDS to be hire COMPETENT and EXPERIENCED GM. NOT some internal paper-pusher.

If Steps 3 and 4 do not follow 1 and 2, I'm literally done with this franchise. I stopped "caring" the day we drafted #2...but I still casually watch. I'll stop doing that completely if we keep him and promote this Sashi Brown guy.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Eagles, Browns, Dolphins all expected to chase Adam Gase
Posted by Mike Florio on January 2, 2016, 5:37 PM EST

The first brass ring in the looming coaching carousel likely will go to Bears offensive coordinator Adam Gase.

Per a league source not connected in any way to Gase, three teams are expected to pursue Gase aggressively: The Eagles, Browns, and Dolphins.

Only two of those teams currently have vacancies. Cleveland is expected to make a coaching change, too.

Gase emerged as a hot candidate based on his work with Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, an effort that came after three years of working with Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning. Gase’s ability to thrive with a quarterback having a reputation of caring too much immediately followed by a quarterback having a reputation for caring too little bolsters the perception that Gase can get the most out of any quarterback.

And in a quarterback-driven league, that’s one of the most important skills any head coach can have.

The Eagles could have the first crack at Gase, given that they already have satisfied the Rooney Rule via the interview of current running backs coach Duce Staley. Gase, in theory, could be interviewed as soon as Monday and hired on the spot, if the two sides decide to proceed. But Gase, who is represented by Jimmy Sexton, surely won’t pounce on the first offer without exploring any and all others.

Last year, Gase was a finalist for the job in San Francisco, which ultimately went to Jim Tomsula. After the Broncos fired John Fox, Gase never received serious consideration for a promotion.

Cleveland could be the most intriguing option for Gase, who perhaps could persuade Peyton Manning to join Gase for one final season that would be more about erasing the memory of a horrendous 2015 for Peyton than chasing a Super Bowl title.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...hase-adam-gase/

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

He's had 3+ years .... he bought the team while the fat walrus was stealing money from Junior, and fired them later that year. He then hired Banner, Lombardi, and Chud ,,, then fired them a year later.

He then "got it right" this time. with Pettine and Farmer. 2 years later, See ya!

So he is bad at his job because he is inexperienced? Sounds like Pettine (who you thought we should give more time).

Why give Pettine more time, but not Haslam?

(I am not a Haslam fan, just don't understand the double standard.)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

Because he needs to quit meddling. It's pretty simple.

His coaches have not been given the tools for success. The successful players he's had want to leave. It ain't a truck stop. His billions don't mean jack when all he does is clean up the showers and expand parking - not in the nfl. The new score boards are neat. They are the showers. The new uni's? Well, they are the expanded parking lots.

Firing your store manager/coach in the truck stop business is one thing. Constantly turning over coaching in the nfl is............well, it's what the Browns do. Look at the results.

Move back to TN, James Haslem. Nobody cares how much money you have. You HAVE, however, created a make or break situation for yourself.

So he should have rewarded Farmer and Pettine instead of firing them? Since Pettine and Farmer were hired this team got worse not better. I can't think of one positive thing Pettine brought us.

C
Legend
Legend
C
So we have Morocco Brown and Sashi Brown both gaining promotions? That's not confusing at all.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:
Cleveland could be the most intriguing option for Gase, who perhaps could persuade Peyton Manning to join Gase for one final season that would be more about erasing the memory of a horrendous 2015 for Peyton than chasing a Super Bowl title.

Hell no on old ass Peyton Manning.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I wonder if Bernie has submitted his resume yet?

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
E
Legend
Legend
E
Peyton Manning coming to this dumpster fire? Please excuse me while I laugh.

Hahahahahahahaha

No Craps Given
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: FBHO71
Quote:

No one said anything about Manning being the QB in that. Would you have the same opinion if he was in the front office?

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
[quote] Gase, who perhaps could persuade Peyton Manning to join Gase for one final season that would be more about erasing the memory of a horrendous 2015 for Peyton than chasing a Super Bowl title./quote]

How the hell does coming to Cleveland accomplish that?

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Schadenfreude
Quote:

No one said anything about Manning being the QB in that.

It literally says, "One final season."

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Schadenfreude
Quote:

No one said anything about Manning being the QB in that. Would you have the same opinion if he was in the front office?

I'm not for sure...guess I'll have to see the list of who Jimmy wants to hire for the job.

Legend
Legend

So he is bad at his job because he is inexperienced? Sounds like Pettine (who you thought we should give more time).

Because he doesn't have the patience to be an NFL owner, and name me one successful NFL owner who fires his entire football organization 3 times in 4 years.

Just 1.

Haslam is a modern day Robert Irsay.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: MrTed
[quote] Gase, who perhaps could persuade Peyton Manning to join Gase for one final season that would be more about erasing the memory of a horrendous 2015 for Peyton than chasing a Super Bowl title./quote]

How the hell does coming to Cleveland accomplish that?

Because we blocked the delayed blitz so well? frown I think we set a record for concussion protocols this year...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
C
Legend
Legend
C

Because he doesn't have the patience to be an NFL owner, and name me one successful NFL owner who fires his entire football organization 3 times in 4 years.

Just 1.

Name me one successful head coach who was 10-22 after his first two seasons. Just one.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Were are gonna get some crappy GM and some crappy wannabe coach because those are the only people who will come here.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So we have Morocco Brown and Sashi Brown both gaining promotions? That's not confusing at all.

Brown like a Brown. I like it. wink

Phrase that sticks out to me in the press release. "Embrace Collaboration". Pick that apart for what has gone on that season, and also where the future structure might lie.

GM that has never evaluated players, had better stay out of it. That would be such a Browns thing to do. We need to do the exact opposite lol. Strap in folks. There's always next year. Sigh. Go Browns.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
lots of rumors coming out about the control freak in Haslam...

some saying he was even trying to call plays.

unreal.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
lots of rumors coming out about the control freak in Haslam...

some saying he was even trying to call plays.

unreal.

Now it is rumors like that which just kill me...if even kind of true... flamingmadthen we have little hope for an improved regime going forward...please be wrong...please be wrong...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bernie ! Bernie ! Bernie ! Oh what the hell, Got to have a little fun..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

Is Kuharich (sic?) gone also?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Respectfully and gratefully yours,

Dee and Jimmy Hallam

You all putting your faith in an owner who can't even spell his last name correctly?

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Name me one successful head coach who was 10-22 after his first two seasons. Just one.

Tom Landry was 4-20

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/25673...ts-and-reaction

Jimmy is way too hands on. He's like Jerry Jones, only without the football knowledge. There's tension between (team president Alec Scheiner) and Pettine. Everybody sees that. Alec is involved in everything; it's too much for him. There are no divisions. The guys on the business side want to run football operations. The GM wants to coach the team and have input on play calling. Jimmy calls the shots, and everyone is afraid of him with that quick trigger finger. If you stand up to Jimmy, he's done with you. Jimmy's own worst enemy is Jimmy. It's a mess. Everyone is trying to do everyone else's job. It's crazy.

According to La Canfora, Haslam was also the biggest reason the Browns drafted Johnny Manziel in the 2014 draft instead of Derek Carr or Teddy Bridgewater, which has proved to be a disastrous decision. Either Carr or Bridgewater could've been the franchise quarterback Cleveland has been deprived of for well over a decade.

As long as Haslam is the owner, any coach is bound to wonder how much autonomy he truly has.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:

Tom Landry was 4-20

Shhhhhhh.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If it takes having Manning at QB for a season to get Gase(if that's who they want) and have Peyton move in to the front office after next season I'd do that no matter how bad he played. You get your HC and a front office Manning for a bad season? Sold.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Farmer/Pettine fired

Link Copied to Clipboard