M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
That was quick.

Nate Ulrich
@NateUlrichABJ
#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said Sashi Brown is now executive VP of football operations.

Tweet

Nate Ulrich
@NateUlrichABJ
#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said he, wife Dee, consultant, Sashi Brown will hire coach. Then coach will help hire GM.

Tweet

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Nate Ulrich
@NateUlrichABJ
#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam: Sashi Brown will have final say on 53-man roster, handle salary cap. GM will focus on talent acquisition, scouts

Tweet

Legend
Legend
That homeless guy must have taken a new position.

Is a "Sashi" a good thing? Why not hire a GM first?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg

Sashi Brown is the "czar."

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg

What's a "Sashi?" A Japanese steakhouse?

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
That was quick.

Nate Ulrich
@NateUlrichABJ
#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said Sashi Brown is now executive VP of football operations.

Tweet

Nate Ulrich
@NateUlrichABJ
#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said he, wife Dee, consultant, Sashi Brown will hire coach. Then coach will help hire GM.

Tweet

So, do I understand that a business man, his wife, an attorney and a consultant (who is that to be) will hire the coach? Sounds like a great deal of football knowledge to me:-). Sashi makes the final call....an attorney.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
So it sounds like:

Sashi Brown > coach > GM

This is just going off of what we were just told. I'm sure there will be a little bit of Haslam sprinkled in there as well.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
THIS IS SO MESSED UP

ITS SO IDIOTIC, NOBODY COULD MAKE THIS UP....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I took it as HC < Brown > GM

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
Sashi Browns will have the final say on the roster and draft, The GM will have input ... or something. The coach .. I assume .... might have final say on the game day roster.

Gee ... what could go wrong with this arrangement.

Ugh. :puke:

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
This gave me a chuckle. Only in Cleveland.

Busted Coverage
@bustedcoverage
New guy in charge of football for the Browns was in charge of the Jacksonville Housing Authority in 2012.

Tweet

M
Legend
Legend
M

Busted Coverage
@bustedcoverage
New guy in charge of football for the Browns was in charge of the Jacksonville Housing Authority in 2012.

Tweet

That's it....I'm done for the night.

Can't. Take. Anymore. eek

Tackles are tackles.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
rofl rofl banghead banghead notallthere notallthere superconfused

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Busted Coverage
@bustedcoverage

Tweet

That's it....I'm done for the night.

Can't. Take. Anymore. eek

Embrace the absurdity! Take it all in.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Sashi Browns will have the final say on the roster and draft, The GM will have input ... or something. The coach .. I assume .... might have final say on the game day roster.

Not just the roster and the draft, all the personnel. They're keeping some coaches, so if the new head coach doesn't like it, that's just too bad if Sashi says so. And Haslam just let the entire world know that the new GM will have no real power and that QB is not a priority. Oh, and Dee will help them all figure it out. What could possibly go wrong? The turnaround is imminent! thumbsup rofl willynilly notallthere banghead

I'm done.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe he does well in the office fantasy league?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

Not just the roster and the draft, all the personnel. They're keeping some coaches, so if the new head coach doesn't like it, that's just too bad if Sashi says so. And Haslam just let the entire world know that the new GM will have no real power and that QB is not a priority. Oh, and Dee will help them all figure it out. What could possibly go wrong? The turnaround is imminent! thumbsup rofl willynilly notallthere banghead

I'm done.

When asked about the QB he said, "We have the #2 pick."

How does that say that the QB is not a priority?

Legend
Legend

Busted Coverage
@bustedcoverage

Tweet

I...I...don't know...this can't be true. Someone with almost NO NFL experience, let alone general football experience (college, high school, pee-wee), will be in charge of almost every decision within the Browns.

How can we keep finding ways to dig to a new low? They would almost have to be trying to be bad, like in Major League.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
When he basically said they have three QBs under contract and that poor QB play was not an issue.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I'm done.

Having final say just means you OK it...seems like most people are thinking that Sashi will be making decisions in a vacuum...

So the Sashi will have the say in the coach the then the coach and GM will report to Sashi...Sounds like they are going to protect themselves from a Farmer draft reoccurrence...and why is that bad? If Sashi does this right and works with Gm and Coach and they have agreement, life is good. If coach and GM disagree, then GM does not trump but you have 1 level up to make the call...if I understand this hierarchy correctly.

Also, does this not allow for better group discussion this way?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
When he basically said they have three QBs under contract and that poor QB play was not an issue.

Also stated that the new folks in charge will make the call on Johnny Drama Queen. Do I believe him? Hmm...

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
V
Legend
Legend
V

Busted Coverage
@bustedcoverage

Tweet

Has anyone considered that Haslam is STILL part of the Steelers and making sure the Browns are run into the ground to help ensure the Steelers' further success?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
[quote=YTownBrownsFan]
They're keeping some coaches, so if the new head coach doesn't like it, that's just too bad if Sashi says so.

Not entirely true...

Andrew Gribble
@Andrew_Gribble
Haslam says several coaches from Pettine's staff could stay, several won't. Did not go in specifics.

Tweet

All Pro
All Pro
This reminds me exactly of Lombardi and that other weasel Banner.
OH YAY!

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Busted Coverage
@bustedcoverage

Tweet

Has anyone considered that Haslam is STILL part of the Steelers and making sure the Browns are run into the ground to help ensure the Steelers' further success?

You're reaching, hard.

This team isn't a concern of Pittsburgh's. They don't need to conspire to keep us down. We can do that ourselves.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: Dawg_Traveler

I'm done.

Having final say just means you OK it...seems like most people are thinking that Sashi will be making decisions in a vacuum...

So the Sashi will have the say in the coach the then the coach and GM will report to Sashi...Sounds like they are going to protect themselves from a Farmer draft reoccurrence...and why is that bad? If Sashi does this right and works with Gm and Coach and they have agreement, life is good. If coach and GM disagree, then GM does not trump but you have 1 level up to make the call...if I understand this hierarchy correctly.

...but if there is no consensus, then what. Flip a coim? Ask the homeless man??

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Yes, but Sashi's job should be filled by a football man with football experience. Not a lawyer with virtually no football experience. How does that guy have final say over the 53 man roster, or anything football for that matter?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Maybe he has good gut feelings?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm done.

Yes, because committee decision making by those unqualified to do so has worked so well, like when Haslam picked Manziel and Pettine picked Gilbert. Sashi isn't qualified to have final say so over anything but the contract numbers. This is day one of the next clusterfrack, mark it down.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Busted Coverage
@bustedcoverage

Tweet

You're reaching, hard.

This team isn't a concern of Pittsburgh's. They don't need to conspire to keep us down. We can do that ourselves.

You do realize I was kidding, right?

Then again, perhaps I didn't realize you were kidding????

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: bigf00t

I'm done.

...but if there is no consensus, then what. Flip a coim? Ask the homeless man??

back to Jimmy for the final call then...You have scouts / OC / DC / HC / GM - if they can't get agreement on players then we have failed...if Sashi is actually making calls on Players on his own, then we are screwed again...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yes, because committee decision making by those unqualified to do so has worked so well, like when Haslam picked Manziel and Pettine picked Gilbert. Sashi isn't qualified to have final say so over anything but the contract numbers. This is day one of the next clusterfrack, mark it down.

Fair enough. How long do you give it before officially classifying it a clusterfrack? We all know the Browns aren't winning 13 games next season. Is it after 2 years? 3 years? 4 years? How long do you give them to turn things around?

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Wonder if connecting dots...Haslem is getting everything done quickly to hire Chip Kelly...remember Chip saying he wants to coach in the NFL and leave someone else in charge of personnel ...seems like we are rushing it

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Someone posted in another thread that Haslam was a control freak..

Is this a sign ?

M
Legend
Legend
M
what a total disaster .... for the first time ever i feel like we are a joke organization. Sashi the Browns Czar O.M.G

now i can't even be optimistic about the offseason

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
for the first time ever i feel like we are a joke organization

...talk about being late to the show!

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: The Beast

Fair enough. How long do you give it before officially classifying it a clusterfrack? We all know the Browns aren't winning 13 games next season. Is it after 2 years? 3 years? 4 years? How long do you give them to turn things around?

I'll put it this way, I think we're three to five years away from a winning program in a system that will give a regime no more than two years to win. I classify it a clusterfrack today.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I'll put it this way, I think we're three to five years away from a winning program in a system that will give a regime no more than two years to win.

That is the problem. Forget about player development, because that could cost you a win, and your job.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
"I don't think right now is the time to comment on that," Haslam said when asked if Manziel would be kept on the roster, noting that Sashi Brown, the team's newly crowned executive VP of football operations, would have final say on the roster after coach Mike Pettine and general manager Ray Farmer were fired Sunday.

A search committee of Brown, Haslam, Haslam's wife Dee and Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry will hire the next coach before bringing in a new GM who will report directly to Brown while lacking control of the 53-man roster. This sounds as convoluted as ever, leaving Manziel's future with the Browns as a massive question mark heading into another turbulent offseason.

Cleveland fans might want to look away. It's not about to get better, although Haslam did hint that a new quarterback might join the team this spring, reminding anyone who would listen: "We do have the second pick in the draft."

NFL.com

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Sashi Brown is Promoted VP Ops

Link Copied to Clipboard