Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
You wanted to give Pettine time to figure things out, why not Haslam? This is only his third season as owner.

He's had 3+ years .... he bought the team while the fat walrus was stealing money from Junior, and fired them later that year. He then hired Banner, Lombardi, and Chud ,,, then fired them a year later.

He then "got it right" this time. with Pettine and Farmer. 2 years later, See ya!

So he is bad at his job because he is inexperienced? Sounds like Pettine (who you thought we should give more time).

Why give Pettine more time, but not Haslam?

(I am not a Haslam fan, just don't understand the double standard.)

Because he doesn't have the patience to be an NFL owner, and name me one successful NFL owner who fires his entire football organization 3 times in 4 years.

Just 1.

Name me one successful head coach who was 10-22 after his first two seasons. Just one.

Not sure. Name me one NFL owner who has fired his football operations (coach/GM) 3 times in 4 years. I bet that the odds are better of me finding a coach who succeeded after taking over a bad team, with a losing record, than finding an NFL owner who succeeded after blowing things uo in 3 of his 1st 4 years in the NFL.

The Jaguars stuck with their head coach after 4, 3, and 5 win seasons, so we'll see how they do next year.

Oh, and we are, evidently, hot after Doug Marrone,who went 15-17 in Buffalo. (with a great defense) Oh, he has coached the offensive side of the ball.

Yea us!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/25673...ts-and-reaction

According to La Canfora, Haslam was also the biggest reason the Browns drafted Johnny Manziel in the 2014 draft instead of Derek Carr or Teddy Bridgewater, which has proved to be a disastrous decision. Either Carr or Bridgewater could've been the franchise quarterback Cleveland has been deprived of for well over a decade.

As long as Haslam is the owner, any coach is bound to wonder how much autonomy he truly has.

Everybody seemed to buy into the Media Frenzy that came with Johnny...I can see the appeal from an Owner to have the National media all over you IF it works..hope he learned his lesson that image accounts for nada in this league and we will do much better to get National Attention by being in the Playoffs!

Hallam has gotten a lot of egg on his face now...we shall see how he responds - I think he will be a little more cautious this time and hopefully listen to those who know better...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Respectfully and gratefully yours,

Dee and Jimmy Hallam

You all putting your faith in an owner who can't even spell his last name correctly?

Oh man, did he really misspell his own last name? (Like he typed that out himself ..... still it does reflect the incompetence of this guy)

Someone (else) will be fired over this.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Name me one successful head coach who was 10-22 after his first two seasons. Just one.

Bill Walsh

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:

Bill Walsh

Shhhhhh.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:

Bill Walsh

Who's that? Did he ever win anything? wink

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chuck Noll

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oh and someone needs to fire Haslem.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:

Tom Landry was 4-20

Jimmy Johnson was 8-24.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
All I know is for the first time I'm on board with this firing.. They both were terrible.. I want a head coach with expression

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend
You wanted to give Pettine time to figure things out, why not Haslam? This is only his third season as owner.

He's had 3+ years .... he bought the team while the fat walrus was stealing money from Junior, and fired them later that year. He then hired Banner, Lombardi, and Chud ,,, then fired them a year later.

He then "got it right" this time. with Pettine and Farmer. 2 years later, See ya!

So he is bad at his job because he is inexperienced? Sounds like Pettine (who you thought we should give more time).

Because he doesn't have the patience to be an NFL owner, and name me one successful NFL owner who fires his entire football organization 3 times in 4 years.

Just 1.

Chuck Knoll went 6 and 22

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Just 1.

That's like four. I asked for one. You guys all fail.

(Also, that was a completely different NFL. Yes, I am backtracking.)

Legend
Legend
This assurance to fans about planning success and framework . . .can you show me something successful beyond uniforms? If you knew what it took, why not do it before tonight?

Why is Dee a big deal? Why Sashi? So many questions. That letter is a bunch of babble for my money's worth. Start tomorrow by not taking fans for granted.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Just 1.

He said just name 1 people... smile

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
Legend
Legend
The loyal ones must be helping him pack. But he will land on his feet.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
.... If you knew what it took, why not do it before tonight?....

That is the perfect question. Bard, you are one of the best posters on this board. Props to you.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Sashi Brown has final say in the draft.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Selling lots of pizza maybe. Papa Peyton's Palace of Pies on the west side. Could be a natural.

Legend
Legend
Thanks, Lampdogg! This psychobabble rah-rah just galls me. These paperhanger types do not give their audience credit for seeing through the nonsense. If the "New and Improved" Dawg Pound was everywhere today, a good deal of it stayed away or sold off.

I have hated some of these changes. Great fans; lousy treatment IMO.

Legend
Legend
Brown(s) = new orange?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Thanks, Lampdogg! This psychobabble rah-rah just galls me. These paperhanger types do not give their audience credit for seeing through the nonsense. If the "New and Improved" Dawg Pound was everywhere today, a good deal of it stayed away or sold off.

I have hated some of these changes. Great fans; lousy treatment IMO.

I remember the old stadium ..... and it was awful. The sight lines were horrible, and most of it smelled like a latrine.

Ans man, I miss that stadium and those teams.

M
Legend
Legend
M
You're a marketing genius! thumbsup

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Dee and Jimmy Hallam
Owners

You can both go to hell.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Eh, a bit much, I'd rather them find a way to get themselves indited for the Flying J mess.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Nice.

I would typically laugh my ass off at such a good statement, but man, I am so disgusted w/this guy........or should I say pair.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

The point is that you have to give a coach time to finish what he started.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: ddubia

The point is that you have to give a coach time to finish what he started.

You also have to give him some talent. Farmer didn't do that and was correctly fired. Would he have done better with talent? I don't know.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
jc...

How do we end up with Jimmy's lawyer as having final say over the 53 man roster??? Good grief this guy is a joke. I have been a Browns fan since I was a child in the 80's, but I really am contemplating jumping ship.

With Lerner I at least had the hope that he would luck into hiring the right people, because Randy was smart enough to know he was stupid when it came to football. Haslem on the other hand is just a moron that is too stupid to know that he is stupid......don't know if that's fixable.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I have been contemplating it for awhile now. I always took pride in being loyal, but w/all the life-changing events in my life recently..........I have really started to question why I want to waste so much time rooting for a team that is being led by a scum bag.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I have been contemplating it for awhile now. I always took pride in being loyal, but w/all the life-changing events in my life recently..........I have really started to question why I want to waste so much time rooting for a team that is being led by a scum bag.

Modell was a scum bag, so think of it as a time honored tradition.

#GMSTRONG
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What is a Sashi Brown? I thought it was an Asian woman for years!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

For me its the losing...I'm just sick of it. And like you things have happened to me where Im not sure I want to invest anymore energy into this never ending pit of losing.

All Pro
All Pro
J/C Although I am happy Farmer was canned and I understand the firing of coach. I did not dislike Pettine and would not have thrown a fit if he was retained. I thought maybe he would be given the actual time to do the job. He was not a world beater. But he WAS railroaded by poor GM decisions, washed up players in place of young talent and drama queen "players" who did not deserve the blessings that have been handed to them.... This must be it? I am finally totally numb to the Browns biennial end of season TNT. Guess all there is to do is watch for the other 10 million ways the Browns can suck the soul out of what is left of the fans... It is not going to be me anymore. I will just laugh it off from now on as the comedy relief it has been for a long time. I have just been looking at it thru the wrong glasses. Just my two cents. WOOF.

Last edited by Woofurious; 01/03/16 10:18 PM. Reason: Oopsie!

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
Legend
Legend
If I didn't enjoy this board, and have as many people I consider to be friends on here, I probably would have just stopped watching when the Farmer texting crap came out. Unfortunately, I come here, and I get caught up in the team again. I did not agree with everything Pettine did, but I think that he was put in a horrible situation by Haslam in a lot of ways.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
One other point also Vers...I cant think of 1 other thing in my life where I put up with ineptness and having a terrible attitude after being involved...but my apathy has grown to levels Ive never had with this team before and am contemplating walking away and never give it a second thought.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Right with you guys. Lived in Cleveland for 21 years, Toledo for 4 then moved to North Carolina and have been here 20 years. I have been a faithful Dawg all my life but this has me contemplating becoming a Panthers fan. Don't think I can do it. I would probably just give up football altogether. I am going to see who we hire for HC and GM and watch this draft closely. If They don't impress me I think I will be out.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
V
Legend
Legend
V
It really stinks. I have always rooted for the Browns. It's what I know.

But man...........we have Haslam, his wife, and Sashi making football decisions. It doesn't even seem feasible. Like........if you are writing a book or a movie script......people wouldn't believe the set-up of those three before the hero rode into town and saved the franchise. It's more fantasy than reality.

Unfortunately, our reality is a horror story.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If I didn't enjoy this board, and have as many people I consider to be friends on here, I probably would have just stopped watching when the Farmer texting crap came out. Unfortunately, I come here, and I get caught up in the team again. I did not agree with everything Pettine did, but I think that he was put in a horrible situation by Haslam in a lot of ways.

I said that in another thread...I didnt post but read this board for years...and it is really the only reason Ive stayed connected to the team...I think if I hadnt started posting this wouldve been the year I walked away and never looked back...hell that still might happen anyway.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I've been rooting for the Falcons on the side.

It's really difficult to be a browns fan in a sports bar not in Ohio. Because everyone wants to talk smack and it gets so old.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Jester
Right with you guys. Lived in Cleveland for 21 years, Toledo for 4 then moved to North Carolina and have been here 20 years. I have been a faithful Dawg all my life but this has me contemplating becoming a Panthers fan. Don't think I can do it. I would probably just give up football altogether. I am going to see who we hire for HC and GM and watch this draft closely. If They don't impress me I think I will be out.

Jester my wife has said why not root for another team?? I just cant and when I stop watching the Browns football will be done for me...and it makes me kind of sad to feel that way.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Farmer/Pettine fired

Link Copied to Clipboard