Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Carolina's O got Schooled.
Wade has put together the best D I've seen.
They kept their Cool and just played Solid, Solid Ball.
Lack of discipline on the Panther's part was incredibly evident.

Newton not diving for that Fumble tells you where he is in his maturity.
Why should your team give it up for You when you Wimp Out?
He'll be will be a Great QB IF he learns from this whipping.
Sure it's nice to have Fun BUT you need to do that AFTER you take care of business. I thought he was going to Cry on the Field toward the end.
Ain't fun being slapped around for 60 minutes....LOL!

KUDOS to Denver!

The last 3 games his guys and schemes have been Magic and a Blast to watch.
Denver played w/ incredible discipline.

Legend
Legend
It's been a long time since I've seen a guy get hated on as much as Cam Newton... some of it might be justified, a lot of it is not.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
This game was the classic old bull vs the young stud. The old bull won this time by not making huge mistakes.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Eli Manning Shows No Emotion While Family Celebrates Broncos' Super Bowl 50 Win

Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning won his second Super Bowl title against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday in what could have been his final NFL game, per NFL.com's Chris Wesseling.

The Broncos won 24-10 and put the nail in Carolina's coffin after a two-yard touchdown run by C.J. Anderson late in the fourth quarter. One person who seemed to be really excited by Anderson's game-clinching score was New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning, who happens to be Peyton's younger brother.

Check out his reaction, courtesy of Basketball Insiders' Alex Kennedy:

(Click Link Below for the Video)

That is either the face of a brother who is proud on the inside or someone who is disappointed that he doesn't have more rings than his older brother anymore. Either way, bragging rights belong to Peyton this year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/26148...linkId=21076790

This further cements my thoughts about Eli.

Eli is just awkward as hell. No idea why he is that way, but he is

Jealous/envious.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I have to say that I was wrong in my opinion of how the SB would turn out.

I believed that Cam had the athletic ability to help overcome some of Denver's pressure.

I understand full and well that defense wins championships, but Carolina's D is no slouch.

As a fan I didn't really have a horse in the race accept for Peyton. He's always been a class act to me no matter what uniform he is wearing. I certainly hope he retires after this game. He's a shadow of what he once was and staying longer can only tarnish his legacy.

Hats off to the Denver D! I found it very enjoyable to see that the D's of both teams were the major forces in the game. A little old school football for a change!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
It's been a long time since I've seen a guy get hated on as much as Cam Newton... some of it might be justified, a lot of it is not.

Not everyone likes a cocky show off. IMO he needs to grow out of that. He probably matured 10 years in one day yesterday

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
I must say, I predicted that if Carolina was going to lose, this is how it would happen, Denver would force them into a ton of game changing mistakes.. but I thought that had about a 5% chance of happening... and it did.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
To build on that, I think the Denver D not allowing the Carolina O to jump out to an early lead was the critical thing. I think that led to Newton and the rest of the O to panic and make mistakes. They've been able to coast for two many second halves this year that they couldn't up their game when it mattered.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't think Cam wussed out on that fumble. One camera angle showed it really well that his lineman had already dove when Can was about to dive. He would've dove into/onto his guy, and I'd be willing to bet he was scared of knocking him off the ball. I don't think Cam is scared of the hit.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

Not everyone likes a cocky show off. IMO he needs to grow out of that. He probably matured 10 years in one day yesterday

I haven't paid a lot of attention to him or all the hoopla, but I've seen/heard tidbits swirling about in regard to him and this is pretty much what I've gathered: he's an immature showboat. Cocky and lacks the maturity to handle adversity. The Cam that was in there through the entire 4th quarter is the younger Cam that was getting knocked for his pouting and body language in previous seasons.

This whole season long, when the team was just steamrolling other teams, there was no adversity - or if there was, it wasn't sustained. Last night they ran into a brick wall and had no answer and Cam regressed to the kid he was in previous years. Now, there's nothing wrong with that inherently - BUT, when you go around showboating and calling yourself "Superman", playing the race card anytime people are critical, etc.... and then act like that when you get your butt handed to you, yeah, it's warranted for people to bash him like they are today. He earned it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend

Everybody wants passion, everybody wants sportsmanship, everybody wants a lot of things and everybody has an opinion on exactly when and how you should show each one.

Peyton Manning said that Cam was nothing but a humble good sport when they shook hands after the game and exchanged a few pleasant words.. then Cam gets stuck in a room where he can hear the Denver defense being interviewed about how they game planned to beat him and how well it worked? Yea, at that moment, that would have ticked me off too... maybe even to the point of wanting to walk out.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I would like to point out that a sideline announcer asked Manning if he was going to retire, he gave a non answer..

The TV announcer then said "hes not going to answer that right now"

The TV announcer then went down to the celebration, and proceeded to ask Manning the same exact question....

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning won his second Super Bowl title against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday in what could have been his final NFL game, per NFL.com's Chris Wesseling.

The Broncos won 24-10 and put the nail in Carolina's coffin after a two-yard touchdown run by C.J. Anderson late in the fourth quarter. One person who seemed to be really excited by Anderson's game-clinching score was New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning, who happens to be Peyton's younger brother.

That is either the face of a brother who is proud on the inside or someone who is disappointed that he doesn't have more rings than his older brother anymore. Either way, bragging rights belong to Peyton this year.

Eli Manning never shows emotion about anything. That's about the same face he shows 24/7.

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

I haven't paid a lot of attention to him or all the hoopla, but I've seen/heard tidbits swirling about in regard to him and this is pretty much what I've gathered: he's an immature showboat. Cocky and lacks the maturity to handle adversity. The Cam that was in there through the entire 4th quarter is the younger Cam that was getting knocked for his pouting and body language in previous seasons.

Are we talking about the same kid who got kicked off of Florida, went to a Junior College, worked his butt off both on and off the field, both in the classroom and in the community, and then went to Auburn and WON a national championship and a Heisman? I think he has no problem handling adversity. He's shown time and time again. He might be a sore loser, but he's not malicious. I mean, after the game he gave some words to Peyton. Peyton describes the following situation, "He'll be back in that game, I can promise you," Manning added. "I've been on that side of it. It is tough, it is not an easy pill to swallow. But he was very nice to me and I really appreciated that.""

Cam can be a bit too emotive, if emotions aren't for you (They're not for everyone and there's always a need for a fine balance, even when people do like the more emotive types), but he's never malicious with it. He's always giddy, friendly and nice. He gives footballs to kids, even if he has to cross the Delaware to do so. It's evident that he loves the Sport. And maybe he is too childlike for some, but what's wrong with a kid who loves the game?

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Was everyone expecting Cam to be all happy and giddy that he just lost the super bowl? The last thing I'd want to do after something like that is talk to the media.

Broncos fans have achieved the status of being more annoying than Bengals, Steelers and Ravens fans combined.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
E
Legend
Legend
E
He needs to suck it up and act like a professional. He acted like a giant crybaby. How embarassing for his team and fans.

No Craps Given
ddubia #1076347 02/08/16 08:07 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
I disagree. I've seen him pout and complain on the field countless times.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I have never seen a guy get so much love for being a complete jerk.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Renewed my faith in pressure. Defense owned the win and carried PM. Cam seemed mentally out of it.

The pressure and quality of the Denver D just made me crazy comparing what we chose not to do last season. Just dominating. Hats off to the Broncos. Impressed we took them to overtime.

Pressure indeed! Someone said we have to get one of those guys... no we need to get a NUMBER of them. We need a STUD DE and we need a bunch of new linebackers. Not sure if Shelton can play a true nose either.... He better get his fat ass in a gym and turn blubber in to muscle. He's close to eating his way out of the league.

Sad fact is we were in better shape when Horton was here last time.... we have a LONG was to go on both sides of the ball.

If one of these QB's can be the man then we have to take him. Finding a receiver over 5' tall would be nice as well smile We are in rebuild mode. Break it down and build it again mode. No position is set as is.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If This Is It

Russell Wilson pens a thank you letter to Peyton Manning.

Legend
Legend

People always try to do the amateur psychiatrist bit, looking at peoples' reactions and trying to mind read what they are thinking.

I'll try a different tact. Maybe, just maybe, Eli was thinking about how his brothers career has now come to a close. Maybe he was happy for Peyton, but was also thinking about how bittersweet things were. because Peyton was playing his final game. Maybe the reality that he, also, is closer to the end than the beginning also sunk in.

Just a different option for why he looked the way he did.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Vambo #1076424 02/09/16 01:38 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Vambo

If This Is It

That's pretty freaking cool of him. Solid character.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Oh yes you have.

Just look at your signature

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yep. Very nice.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: Vambo

If This Is It

That's pretty freaking cool of him. Solid character.

thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Yea, at that moment, that would have ticked me off too... maybe even to the point of wanting to walk out.

You would have stayed and gave your side of the game, I'm sure.

He had my respect before the game, but you have to be above that in this game. He lost my respect after that. Bet he lost a lot of fans Sunday. Now he'll have to hear about that moment forever.

– Jackie Robinson
GMdawg #1076603 02/09/16 01:21 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

Oh yes you have.

Just look at your signature

You Jerk. wink LOL

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
For those bashing Cam after the game. Here's a fun story about Peyton Manning. After he lost the super bowl to New Orleans, he stormed off the field before the game ended and never congratulated Brees or anybody on the Saints team.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92
For those bashing Cam after the game. Here's a fun story about Peyton Manning. After he lost the super bowl to New Orleans, he stormed off the field before the game ended and never congratulated Brees or anybody on the Saints team.

LeBron James, 2009, Orlando Magic

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend

I've never seen a guy get so much hate just for showing his emotions.

I suppose we would all be better off if he had come out and sat down and said what every other person on the losing end says..

"We battled"
"They have a great team"
"It just wasn't our day"
"I just need to play better"
"We'll move forward to next year"

Yea, we all would have learned a lot from that. It would have made for compelling television.

Everybody complains about canned answers until they get honest answers, then they complain that they weren't PC enough. His honest answer was, "I'm not going to sit here and listen to the Broncos brag about their success and I don't feel like answering your stupid questions about how this makes me "feel"...

yebat' Putin
V
Legend
Legend
V
I made that ignorant comment to refute the ignorant comment you made about how he gets so much hate.

We disagree. Deal w/it!

Legend
Legend
I made that ignorant comment to refute the ignorant comment you made about how he gets so much hate.

We disagree. Deal w/it!

He does get a disproportionate amount of hate.. the Mannings get an obnoxious amount of love... I can deal with it.

yebat' Putin
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Especially with some of these HGH rumors looking similar to the painting Sly made.

Legend
Legend
I have nothing against the Mannings, appear to be a good family, obviously great QBs..

But with Peytons sexual harassment settlement in college, his sulking off the field without shaking Drew Brees's hand after the super bowl, Eli refusing to play for the team that drafted him, Peyton's new HGH allegation...

From the minute Peyton walked off Tenn campus, his well-off, well-connected family has been advising him and crafting an image of the whole family that is nothing but purity and goodness.

Is it Cam Newton's fault that he didn't have that kind of early advice? Those resources early in his life to just make problems disappear?

Cam still has some learning and maturing to do.. but I'm really really sick of seeing these things about how Peyton is a choir boy and Cam is an immature thug.. it's pathetic.

From where Cam Newton started, to the things he went through (some his own fault), to get to where he is today, what he does for the city of Charlotte, what he does for the kids, the kind of football player he has grown into, etc.. it should be celebrated, not bashed.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Is it Cam Newton's fault that he didn't have that kind of early advice? Those resources early in his life to just make problems disappear?

His dad was apparently too busy trying to sell him to the highest bidder..

Which he obviously had no idea about.. to busy using his new laptop that he totally didnt steal..

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Wow. I didn't even think about it like that before. Great post.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy

Which he obviously had no idea about.. to busy using his new laptop that he totally didnt steal..

Imagine if Cam Newton did this:

Quote:
When Naughright rebuffed Manning, he decided to drop trou. Naughright had her head down, but upon hearing the chuckles and guffaws, she looked up only to find herself face-to-face with Manning’s exposed ass and testicles.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/01/peyton-s-manning-s-forgotten-sex-scandal.html

Or hired goons to shake down a person accusing him of using HGH:

Quote:
Five days before a documentary alleged that quarterback Peyton Manning and other star athletes had used performance-enhancing drugs, two men hired by Manning’s lawyers visited the parents of the documentary’s key witness. Both men wore black overcoats and jeans and, according to a 911 call from the house that evening, one initially said he was a law enforcement officer but didn’t have a badge.

After they told their daughter to call 911 the night of Dec. 22, Randall and Judith Sly stepped outside to talk to the strangers, who clarified they were private investigators, not cops. They had come to this red brick house with a well-manicured lawn looking for the Slys’ 31-year-old son, Charlie, a pharmacist who was the primary source in the upcoming documentary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/in...02c9_story.html

Stolen laptop? Mad because he lost?

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

You guys amaze me. You never ever consider the team around the qb.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Couldn't agree more. To think, he had Philly Brown, Ted Ginn Jr, Funchess and Olson to throw to. Olsen is solid though. It's quite incredible.

Not too mention, Fozzy Whitaker playing a role in the offense when Jonthan Stewart was injured.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season NFL Post Season 2015 Congrats Denver

Link Copied to Clipboard