Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#1078465 02/14/16 02:38 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
From the days of Hippies and Love Fests and the warning given us through all type and kind of Sexually Transmitted Diseases, to the ravages of HIV and Hepatitis C for Promiscuity and Sinful practices, to the warning of the Ebola Virus, God has been sending us Plagues in an attempt to get us to change our acceptance of all things unholy.

All to no avail. Now we must brace ourselves for His next warning, sent to all of us, the ZIKA Virus.

This one ladies and gentlemen is going to get your attention.
While we sweated under the pressure of Ebola and managed to save ourselves, Zika was quietly infecting millions of us. Only now have we discovered it and only now are we finding out just how bad it is.

It is already in the United States and this summer it will ravage us like nothing we have seen since the days of Locusts and Frogs.

Legend
Legend
me thinks you're overreacting a bit.

this will be gone just like the ebola scare.

if your God was truly pissed, then we'd be wiped out already.

sometimes things are less about God and more about "crap happens".

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yes, your imaginary super being is responsible for the majority really bad and really stupid things that happen in the real world, I agree.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/14/16 02:46 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Just when I'm getting to the point where I can't stand this new breed of whiny, intolerable liberals, you have to go and make this post and remind me that the other side isn't necessarily better.

The joys of American politics.

Legend
Legend
This thread is gonna be fun.

Swish #1078478 02/14/16 02:49 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

This isn't any different than the West Nile scare or Swine flu. Pretty sure most people thought the Black Plague was gonna wipe out humanity too.

D
Legend
Legend
D
http://www.cdc.gov/zika/symptoms/

•About 1 in 5 people infected with Zika virus become ill (i.e., develop Zika).

•The most common symptoms of Zika are fever, rash, joint pain, or conjunctivitis (red eyes). Other common symptoms include muscle pain and headache. The incubation period (the time from exposure to symptoms) for Zika virus disease is not known, but is likely to be a few days to a week.

•The illness is usually mild with symptoms lasting for several days to a week.

•People usually don’t get sick enough to go to the hospital, and they very rarely die of Zika.

•Zika virus usually remains in the blood of an infected person for about a week but it can be found longer in some people.

As I understand it, the threat of the Zika virus is to the fetus of a pregnant woman. It causes microcephaly in the baby, a reduced head size and brain size; therefore, mental retardation. It can be diagnosed with an prenatal ultrasound. The God I believe in would not send a plague that will cause even more unborn children to be aborted.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92

This isn't any different than the West Nile scare or Swine flu. Pretty sure most people thought the Black Plague was gonna wipe out humanity too.

To be fair to the europeans, it did wipe out 1/3 of their population.

but we also have to remind ourselves that this was the same time period when they would dump their buckets of piss and poop on the side of the streets. so there's that.

diseases have been around since before we was a twinkle in God's eye.

by 40's logic, i guess God was pissed off at the dinosaur's as well, maybe they ate too many trees or something. God said "enough of this nonsense" and sent a damn asteroid at the earth.

Last edited by Swish; 02/14/16 02:54 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1078486 02/14/16 02:56 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
You folks are already off the mark on this one. God does not always wipe us out like with the flood, God warns us and gives us time to change our thinking.

God wanted the Israeli's set free from slavery under Pharaoh, He did not just wipe Pharaoh out, He sent plagues to warn Pharaoh and to get him to freely change his own mind. Which he did.

E
Legend
Legend
E
There are some Olympians who may not go to Rio because of this.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
We already know you are angry 40, but you are not God.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
40 listen to too much Pat Robertson.

Quite sure the common idea in modern Christianity is that sin and evil, not God, causes bad things to happen. But, I guess it depends on what denomination you follow.

Legend
Legend
well, the people keep on eliminating God's viruses, so i dunno what to tell you.

or Maybe God comes up with viruses that are designed for us to develop a cure for, thus advancing us as a species.

my crazy theory is just as viable as yours.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
40 listen to too much Pat Robertson.

Quite sure the common idea in modern Christianity is that sin and evil, not God, causes bad things to happen. But, I guess it depends on what denomination you follow.

Rattlesnake must have bit the pastor... omg!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Swish #1078502 02/14/16 03:07 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Pretty sure most people thought the Black Plague was gonna wipe out humanity too.

To be fair to the europeans, it did wipe out 1/3 of their population.

LOL..........yeah, the Black Plague was probably not the best example to use when trying to diminish the threat of this new threat.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Dude, just quit.

Some people think I'm like you - in fact, Swish has stated he gets better discussion with you than with me.

But dude, you're not even in left field on this one. The vast majority of people that catch this virus don't show any symptoms. The ones that do, most are minimal. Pregnant women - well, their babies, are most at risk - at least to my understanding.

I've been bitten by more ticks in my life (heck, the last 10 years) than most people have ever seen ticks. West nile fever, rocky mountain whatever it's called, and a whole lot of other things from ticks........all scary things - never had a problem.

Zika ain't all that, and it wasn't brought on by God anymore than aids was, or std's, etc.

EveDawg #1078508 02/14/16 03:11 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yes, I have seen this. No matter tho, this will come for us all.

Our knowledge of it began with Mosquitoes infecting pregnant women and their children being born with little to no brains.
Recently we have found it can be transmitted by sexual contact with an infected person. They are currently studying to see if it can be transmitted by a mere kiss. It is now known that Zika does not only destroy developing brains but kills or cripples adults.

Once an infected person is bitten by another mosquito, that mosquito is then a carrier.

We are only beginning to understand this thing.

My only advice is for us all to pray, get our houses in order, to Gird our Loins and prepare ourselves to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Is this cleverly disguised satire?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Dude, just quit.

Some people think I'm like you - in fact, Swish has stated he gets better discussion with you than with me.

You sir are not like me for you have settled for just being awesome.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
I'm not gonna get into the theology discussion in this thread, but I would like to suggest that we use any excuse we can to eradicate the mosquito population from the earth.

How hard can it be?

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
E
Legend
Legend
E
I have a web site for you. It is a good place to panic with other people who are panicing.lol

http://avianflutalk.com/

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
Psalms 7:11 “Because He is a just God, God is angry with sinners every day.”

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
MrTed #1078516 02/14/16 03:20 PM
Legend
Legend
if you in turn wanna start eradicating the aquatic species, then go right ahead:

Mosquito larvae are aquatic insects, and as such, play an important role in the aquatic food chain. According to Dr. Gilbert Waldbauer in The Handy Bug Answer Book, "mosquito larvae are filter feeders that strain tiny organic particles such as unicellular algae from the water and convert them to the tissues of their own bodies, which are, in turn, eaten by fish." Mosquito larvae are, in essence, nutrient-packed snacks for fish and other aquatic animals.

http://insects.about.com/od/flies/f/what-good-are-mosquitoes.htm

basically, as much as they suck, unfortunately we need them.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1078518 02/14/16 03:21 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
as much as they suck,

Nice pun. grin

Swish #1078520 02/14/16 03:25 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
I don't know about all that, but I know with the pond we have, and the fish in it, we don't have a mosquito problem in my back yard. Ever. (now watch me jinx us for this summer)

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Psalms 7:11 “Because He is a just God, God is angry with sinners every day.”

God is angry with sinners. Correct. God is a vengeful God, also.

God doesn't create new illnesses to punish His people.

Swish #1078526 02/14/16 03:29 PM
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Okay, so then we need more fish eating those larvae!

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
MrTed #1078528 02/14/16 03:31 PM
Legend
Legend
ecosystems bro. i hate mosquito's with a passion. man one bit me right above my eye, looked like somebody punched me.

and Arch: you also don't live in Florida. i bet you wouldn't be saying the same thing. and this is where the problem is mainly at right now: the south.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dave #1078529 02/14/16 03:34 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
The God I believe in would not send a plague that will cause even more unborn children to be aborted.[/I]

Then I submit for your consideration that the god you know was made in your own image.

In Exodus, Pharaoh refused to let the Hebrew people (or Israelites) leave Egypt. The 10 plagues were a divine demonstration of power and displeasure designed to persuade Pharaoh to "let my people go,"

Frogs
8:2 And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs:
8:3 And the river shall bring forth frogs abundantly, which shall go up and come into thine house, and into thy bedchamber, and upon thy bed, and into the house of thy servants, and upon thy people, and into thine ovens, and into thy kneading troughs:

8:4 And the frogs shall come up both on thee, and upon thy people, and upon all thy servants.

There were ten plagues God sent upon Pharaoh and his people.
Even a plaque that killed all the first born of Egypt.
Read and be wise.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 02/14/16 03:36 PM.
Swish #1078533 02/14/16 03:44 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
ecosystems bro. i hate mosquito's with a passion. man one bit me right above my eye, looked like somebody punched me.

and Arch: you also don't live in Florida. i bet you wouldn't be saying the same thing. and this is where the problem is mainly at right now: the south.

I said that? I'm not sure where I said that.

PitDAWG #1078538 02/14/16 04:02 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

I don't want to sound harsh to 40, but I've reached a conclusion on doomsday people.

They deep down inside WANT the world to be wiped out. They don't want to face the reality that they will die just like everybody else and not witness some grand spectacle such as the rapture. They don't want to feel like all the sacrifices and living right that they've done is just gonna lead to them dieing just like everyone else.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Is this cleverly disguised satire?

40 is a living, breathing Colbert Report skit.

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
No, 40 does not see himself as God.

No, 40 is not a Doomsday people. 40 already knows that life is a death sentence and will take us all some day.

40 is only sending out a warning...

God is Angry

Legend
Legend
Did god tell you that? That he's angry?

Can you ask God why he didn't back the oregon protestors, as well? I need some insider information.

Last edited by Swish; 02/14/16 04:13 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Originally Posted By: Dave
The God I believe in would not send a plague that will cause even more unborn children to be aborted.[/I]

Then I submit for your consideration that the god you know was made in your own image.

In Exodus, Pharaoh refused to let the Hebrew people (or Israelites) leave Egypt. The 10 plagues were a divine demonstration of power and displeasure designed to persuade Pharaoh to "let my people go,"

Frogs
8:2 And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs:
8:3 And the river shall bring forth frogs abundantly, which shall go up and come into thine house, and into thy bedchamber, and upon thy bed, and into the house of thy servants, and upon thy people, and into thine ovens, and into thy kneading troughs:

8:4 And the frogs shall come up both on thee, and upon thy people, and upon all thy servants.

There were ten plagues God sent upon Pharaoh and his people.
Even a plaque that killed all the first born of Egypt.
Read and be wise.

Sell crazy somewhere else. We're fully stocked.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

I don't want to sound harsh to 40, but I've reached a conclusion on doomsday people.

They deep down inside WANT the world to be wiped out. They don't want to face the reality that they will die just like everybody else and not witness some grand spectacle such as the rapture. They don't want to feel like all the sacrifices and living right that they've done is just gonna lead to them dieing just like everyone else.

Interesting. I don't want the world to be wiped out.

I know full well I will die. I may, or probably will not, see the rapture. I'm good with that.

My "sacrifices"? Well, like, last night, I sacrificed staying out late due to attending church this morning. Had to be there at 7 a.m. If that's a sacrifice in your mind, so be it.

Living "right"? I guess, if that's what you call it.

One more time - I AM going to die. I know that. What knowing that means doesn't involve me being or thinking I'm better than you, though. I'm not better.

Sometimes I'm - get this - envious of people/friends that treat Sunday as a day to sleep in.........do what you want Sat. night, cause Sunday is just another day off.

Am I "right"? I happen to think so, yet I have many chinks in my so called "armor".

Sacrifice? I don't see my religion as a "sacrifice". I do my best to live it, and yet I suck some days, some days I just "fail", but most days, I do semi well.

Last edited by archbolddawg; 02/14/16 04:36 PM. Reason: edited to correct my spelling.
Swish #1078551 02/14/16 04:19 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
I wish God would fix our run defence and QB situation. if that happened I'd be a believer.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Dave #1078552 02/14/16 04:19 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Personal insults come from your god also? Interesting.

lampdogg #1078554 02/14/16 04:20 PM
Legend
Legend
God toys with cleveland bro.

We finally got Lebron back, but he decided to back GOlden state instead.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
That reply was Awesome! thumbsup

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... God is Angry

Link Copied to Clipboard