Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 5,386
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 5,386
Originally Posted By: HewDawg
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Quarterback - self-explanatory

Pass Rusher - We had 93 hurries in 2015, that was 20th in the league.

Wide Receiver - We have a bunch of #2 or #3 receivers (Bowe is a different kind of number two). Josh Gordon shouldn't be seen as anything other than a wildcard. We have to give our young QB someone to throw to.

Right Tackle - If we are going to have a young QB we need to protect him and run the ball. We need a good right tackle to do both of those things.

Center - Greco can move over to center, but that would just create another big hole. I have no faith in Erving.

Safety - We have Whitner and Poyer currently on the roster. Neither are good. I would like to see more of Ibraheim Campbell.

Defensive End - We have Desmond Bryant and that's basically it.

Inside Linebacker - Dansby looked like he was running with cement blocks on his feet at time. Kirksey is an above-average player. Robertson is a free agent.

Corner - I think Haden will come back strong and stabilize the position.

Running Back - I don't even see running back as a need at this point.


Why does it seem like this is the same list each year. It always ends up being QB, WR, RB, and DE. I would add ILB as well. These have been our needs since 2007.


We don't seem to draft that well.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
V
Legend
Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
LOL...........thanks, Captain Obvious. wink

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,358
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,358
just saw deps post

Last edited by clevesteve; 02/11/16 11:07 PM.
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,502
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,502
- QB

- Pass Rusher

- WR

- Inside LB (something we've never truly had since the return)

- Cornerback

- Defensive End

- Running Back

- Safety

- Right Tackle

- Center

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,916
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,916
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77

DE we only have 1 on the roster need a tall, fast, athletic DE


Question: Is Joey Bosa a DE in our scheme, or is he an OLB? Is Bosa a 3 down player or merely an edge rusher? If he's not a 3 down player, I don't want him at #2. Your input please...


He's a defensive end in either a 3-4 or a 4-3 and I believe he is a three down player. The only question is does he WANT it? Will he be an idiot or will he bust ass? He has the tools to be great but he has had his problems off the field... getting in to trouble....

He's not getting past the Titans anyway and if he does I still think Hue takes a QB. Now, that opinion could change depending on free agency. If we make a big offer and out bid Denver for Osweiler then all bets are off. Still, unless we trade up I'm pretty sure the Titans take Bosa and then we take our pick of QB's.

Joe Thomas was interviewed and he seemed pretty sure we are taking a QB at 2. Not sure if that means anything but he seemed happy about that.....


#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,267
I
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
I
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,267
Number One.
A Front office that can draft. There was a could a should a picked Browns Draft List floating around the interweb and it was painful to look at. Drafting good players even if it's not at a big need position is like compound interest. Pretty soon it adds up to something.

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,281
H
Dawg Talker
Online
Dawg Talker
H
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,281
Mangini had at least one thing right....Character matters...a player can be SUPER talented, but if he's not on the field it doesn't help you...Green, Gordon, Manziel, etc., etc....please look into the whole person and factor in availability and RISK....GO Browns!!!!


"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,475
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,475
j/c...

1. QB
2. RT if Schwartz leaves and Mack
3. Pass Rusher
4. DE extraordinaire
5. CB
6. Safety
7. WR (Assuming Gordon is reinstated)
8. ILB
jmho

Last edited by eotab; 02/12/16 02:07 PM.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,560
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,560
Problem is differentiating between slight character issues and full blown mental issues. Green I would not have drafted until the 3rd and same with Gordon. Manziel had the partying issues but it had never been an issue during the season, we never knew of drugs or violence between him and his girlfriend. Frankly the team investigators should have known. You should not draft anyone in the first or 2nd round without doing a major check on them.

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
C
Legend
Offline
Legend
C
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
Problem is differentiating between slight character issues and full blown mental issues. Green I would not have drafted until the 3rd and same with Gordon. Manziel had the partying issues but it had never been an issue during the season, we never knew of drugs or violence between him and his girlfriend. Frankly the team investigators should have known. You should not draft anyone in the first or 2nd round without doing a major check on them.


There was an article on ESPN.com by Wright Thompson basically predicting what Manziel has become. It was written while he was still in college.

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 5,386
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 5,386
I am pretty sure our FO did know this would happen, but our owner was going to draft this guy anyway.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,027
S
Legend
Offline
Legend
S
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,027
1. QB - If you don't have one, then it's pretty much your top need

2a. Pass rusher (either hand down or LB) - We don't scare opposing offensive coordinators and that's a problem.

2b. WR - I actually think we have a nice complimentary group of receivers. You need a number one guy to tie it all together. At this point I consider the presence of Josh Gordon to be a bonus. If he's around, and is clean and ready to play, that's awesome, but the Browns should approach the WR position as if they aren't counting on him. Wouldn't be a bad thing to have a nice young rookie with Gordon to go along with Benji and Hawk and some of these other guys.

4. Cornerback - I'm not counting on Justin Gilbert. Is anyone out there counting on him? Manziel's troubles have totally overshadowed this failure of a pick. A worse one at that. That guy should be cut ASAP. Williams wasn't great but again our lack of depth at CB killed us last year. I love Bademosi but he's never going to be starting quality. His work on special teams is great but that's about as far as it goes.

5. Safety - Assuming Gipson comes back, he starts with Whitner, but how long do you want to ride those 2? I really think an insurance policy to go along with grooming someone to take over wouldn't be so horrible. Even with a late pick I think it would be wise to add depth.

You always want depth on the OL, and picking those guys late is never a horrible idea, but I'm not giving up on Cam Erving. I think if he puts the work in this offseason he can bounce back. There were times he didn't even look like he belonged on a practice squad. Way too early to give up on him though.

I think we're ok at running back, ok at TE.

I'd like a bit more speed at linebacker. We don't fly to the ball. We sort of float to the ball.

I expect Schwartz to be back but in the event he's not, that becomes a need.

You could read through anyone's post on this topic and they won't be wrong. We could use help everywhere. We have talent but we don't have elite talent.

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,281
H
Dawg Talker
Online
Dawg Talker
H
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,281
Exactly, we have talent, but not All Pro talent, Mingo is talented, but he's never lived up to his 1rd pick...Haden, Thomas, Mack....we need help everywhere else....draft better....GO Browns!!!!


"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season 2016 NFL Draft Rank our team needs

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5