Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I thought this is the time to add players as the roster can get up to 90 or something.

I feel like it's somewhat inherent that all teams pick up each others' trash at this time of year (in addition to other, more significant moves) in the hopes that that team made a mistake letting them go. If not, cut them as rules require roster sizes to diminish as the summer wears on.

That's exactly it. It's the time of year that this happens. Most of these guys at this time end up being fodder which is why I think this is a no big deal kinda thing.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
people get cut others resign them...rinse and repeat, it's how this part of the offseason goes..

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I thought this is the time to add players as the roster can get up to 90 or something.

I feel like it's somewhat inherent that all teams pick up each others' trash at this time of year (in addition to other, more significant moves) in the hopes that that team made a mistake letting them go. If not, cut them as rules require roster sizes to diminish as the summer wears on.

That's exactly it. It's the time of year that this happens. Most of these guys at this time end up being fodder which is why I think this is a no big deal kinda thing.

I don't think this guy is even getting paid until team practices start. If he (or anyone else we sign to lesser deal) doesn't work out, then he's gone, at little or no expense.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anyone else try to find film of this guy and find nothing but the O.J. Simpson car chase?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
only one from the Vikings site...one TD catch is all I could find.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
Anyone else try to find film of this guy and find nothing but the O.J. Simpson car chase?

rofl

Hahaha.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
There's no reason to pan this move and there's no reason to get excited about it, either. It is what a front office does this time of year. It certainly is not a bad thing.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I didn't even take offense at the comment. It was more upsetting for me that my humor went unnoticed and thus was taken seriously.

#gmstrong
2nd String
2nd String
jc

As others have said this is par for the course at this time of the year. Teams pick up these types of guys to see if maybe one will be a hidden jewel. Throwing stuff at the wall to see if something will stick. If so good for us. If not he gets a pay check for a few weeks and no loss.

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Probably because one poster called others sissy's.

I didn't say that. That is is beauty of the written word... Isaid acting like a couple of Sissy's.

I said acting like a sissy. I didn't call them a sissy

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: E.Ryze19
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: BpG
Originally Posted By: ddubia
When other teams are out of trash?

If we would have just invested in waste management, maybe we could have called this a success by now.

Maybe you and Ddub need to knock it off. We picked up a TE....WTF are you expecting at this point? I agree, he probably isn't going to be much, but I don't see the point in moaning like a couple of sissy's.

Some people just feel that any move this team makes is a bad one. Its pathetic if you ask me. Why bother following a team if you hate everything about them..

You know what's pathetic? Defending this team and crying about those that don't on a message board.

C
Legend
Legend
C
This discussion was fruitful:

Quote:
#Browns have waived TE Chase Ford. Claimed him off waivers from #Ravens last week.

https://twitter.com/NateUlrichABJ/status/722895097767956480

D
Legend
Legend
D
Well, that escalated quickly lol...

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
haha yikes

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Man, how bad is it if you get claimed, show up for one off-season camp, and then are told to beat it? crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
A guy who will be used as a blocking back and an occasional receiver. (If he even makes the team)

No IF about it. willynilly

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Claim TE Chase Ford

Link Copied to Clipboard