Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1135563 07/29/16 01:57 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend

If all the stars line up just right. If we get some results from draft picks etc. etc.

What has to happen right and what can we expect.

First.) Griffin has to be the man. He has to play within the system not outside it. Listen to the coaches. Execute the plan. Be accurate. Work hard. Stay healthy.

Next.) Offensive Line has to come together and play as a unit. Erving has to live up to first round draft grade.

Next.) The run game has to work. It has to work well with impact from Duke and Crowell.

Next.) The receivers have to shake out as a unit. Contributions have to come from Coleman and a couple of draft picks. Pryor has to make a statement as a receiver. Gordon has to prove he can consistently deliver on talent he has.

Next.) They have to generate a pass rush from somewhere. I have a big question there. I am not sold on the defensive front seven. They have a lot to prove.

Next.) The defensive backfield has to find answers. Haden has to play well and stay on the field. Some players need to step up and take charge of positions. Unit strength is a must in order for success.

Next.) Special teams just need to play consistently in all aspects.

We all know there are question marks on the 2016 Cleveland Browns. It is up to Hue Jackson and his staff to coach this team up and get each guy to reach his potential.

So if all works I am hoping to win 9 games. Have winning season. Then build on the foundation and improve.

Legend
Legend
I'd add one thing to the list as well:

Philadelphia totally implodes, Wentz isn't ready, and they finish with less than 4 wins

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
OP Online
Legend

No offense but I am not sure of the correlation?

D
Legend
Legend
D
My two cents is we also have to stay healthy. Hamstring issues, concussions and etc etc seemed to really beat on us pretty hard.

In addition, we need better player development. Which sort of was eluded to by fish on coaches having players play at their potential. You know, not having Armonty Bryant in pass coverage. Not dropping Paul back a ton. Truly putting players in positions where they can excel. This is extremely important when you factor the tidal wave of youth and etc etc here now.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bonefish

If all the stars line up just right. If we get some results from draft picks etc. etc.

What has to happen right and what can we expect.

First.) Griffin has to be the man. He has to play within the system not outside it. Listen to the coaches. Execute the plan. Be accurate. Work hard. Stay healthy.

Next.) Offensive Line has to come together and play as a unit. Erving has to live up to first round draft grade.

Next.) The run game has to work. It has to work well with impact from Duke and Crowell.

Next.) The receivers have to shake out as a unit. Contributions have to come from Coleman and a couple of draft picks. Pryor has to make a statement as a receiver. Gordon has to prove he can consistently deliver on talent he has.

Next.) They have to generate a pass rush from somewhere. I have a big question there. I am not sold on the defensive front seven. They have a lot to prove.

Next.) The defensive backfield has to find answers. Haden has to play well and stay on the field. Some players need to step up and take charge of positions. Unit strength is a must in order for success.

Next.) Special teams just need to play consistently in all aspects.

We all know there are question marks on the 2016 Cleveland Browns. It is up to Hue Jackson and his staff to coach this team up and get each guy to reach his potential.

So if all works I am hoping to win 9 games. Have winning season. Then build on the foundation and improve.

So... Let me see if I've got this right... You're saying that in order to get over the .500 mark the QB, O-line, RBs, WRs, defense & special teams all need to play well?

Hm. Never thought of it that way. thumbsup

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
The best case scenario is they serve better food at the bar, so there will be at least one good thing about going to watch the games.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend

i'm saying in terms of our success as a franchise (their 1st round pick next year)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

That would give us the #1 Overall in next Draft.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
OP Online
Legend

Oh ok got it.

Legend
OP Online
Legend

What was the title?

You got odds? Point them out. Do you think what was covered can happen?

If not point it out.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Having fun with you, bone, but since you mention it.

"If all the stars line up just right." - I would postulate the stars have absolutely nothing to do with anything, in this case.

"If we get some results from draft picks etc. etc." - This is obvious, we'll have to as so many will be thrust into starting or key rolls.

"Griffin has to be the man. He has to play within the system not outside it. Listen to the coaches. Execute the plan. Be accurate. Work hard. Stay healthy." - Again, these things seem obvious. What is not obvious is whether he will be able to read defenses, scan the field, find the open man, pass him "open" and use proper footwork to throw more accurately.

"Offensive Line has to come together and play as a unit. Erving has to live up to first round draft grade." - Hugely obvious, but again, this is a real concern because IMHO, teams will attack there early and often, attempting to blow him off the ball and wreak havoc in our backfield. I expect it, and I expect it to work. It could in fact ruin him before he gets a chance to "learn" the position. We'll see.

"The run game has to work. It has to work well with impact from Duke and Crowell." - Also obvious. But there are no guarantees here. Crow goes down easily, Duke is light, and the O-line is a huge question mark, especially up the middle. We'll probably see a lot of check downs to Duke, let's just hope that doesn't become our entire offense.

"The receivers have to shake out as a unit. Contributions have to come from Coleman and a couple of draft picks. Pryor has to make a statement as a receiver. Gordon has to prove he can consistently deliver on talent he has." I would say that a unit has to be carved from the WRs we have. And right now, we know nothing other than there are a hell of a lot of rookies, many with questionable hands. Couple that with a new system and a QB who had yet to establish rhythm and chemistry, I imagine we'll see a lot of drops. If we don't, I'll be hugely surprised.

"They have to generate a pass rush from somewhere. I have a big question there. I am not sold on the defensive front seven. They have a lot to prove." Yup, and they need to figure out who will be attacking from where.

"The defensive backfield has to find answers. Haden has to play well and stay on the field. Some players need to step up and take charge of positions. Unit strength is a must in order for success." - Haden has to get on, and stay on the field. That's a huge question mark. If he doesn't we're third rate at best with a bunch of guys hoping to fill in.

"Special teams just need to play consistently in all aspects." - Again, pretty obvious.

"We all know there are question marks on the 2016 Cleveland Browns. It is up to Hue Jackson and his staff to coach this team up and get each guy to reach his potential." - Sure, let's hope... but we've all been here before. It's all rainbows and sunshine until the Browns show up on Sunday. We'll see if this year is any different.

"So if all works I am hoping to win 9 games. Have winning season. Then build on the foundation and improve." - If it all works out, I'd hope to see seven wins, because there is too much youth, too many gaps in talent, too many question marks, too many maybes and they system is too new for me to believe any differently.

But again, primarily I was just having some fun. GO BROWNS!

#gmstrong
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
If this team wins 5 games I would be shocked

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
My hope is we go 3 and 13 ans Eagles go 4 and 12 , would give us pick 4 and 7 roughly

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Having fun with you, bone, but since you mention it.

"If all the stars line up just right." - I would postulate the stars have absolutely nothing to do with anything, in this case.

"If we get some results from draft picks etc. etc." - This is obvious, we'll have to as so many will be thrust into starting or key rolls.

"Griffin has to be the man. He has to play within the system not outside it. Listen to the coaches. Execute the plan. Be accurate. Work hard. Stay healthy." - Again, these things seem obvious. What is not obvious is whether he will be able to read defenses, scan the field, find the open man, pass him "open" and use proper footwork to throw more accurately.

"Offensive Line has to come together and play as a unit. Erving has to live up to first round draft grade." - Hugely obvious, but again, this is a real concern because IMHO, teams will attack there early and often, attempting to blow him off the ball and wreak havoc in our backfield. I expect it, and I expect it to work. It could in fact ruin him before he gets a chance to "learn" the position. We'll see.

"The run game has to work. It has to work well with impact from Duke and Crowell." - Also obvious. But there are no guarantees here. Crow goes down easily, Duke is light, and the O-line is a huge question mark, especially up the middle. We'll probably see a lot of check downs to Duke, let's just hope that doesn't become our entire offense.

"The receivers have to shake out as a unit. Contributions have to come from Coleman and a couple of draft picks. Pryor has to make a statement as a receiver. Gordon has to prove he can consistently deliver on talent he has." I would say that a unit has to be carved from the WRs we have. And right now, we know nothing other than there are a hell of a lot of rookies, many with questionable hands. Couple that with a new system and a QB who had yet to establish rhythm and chemistry, I imagine we'll see a lot of drops. If we don't, I'll be hugely surprised.

"They have to generate a pass rush from somewhere. I have a big question there. I am not sold on the defensive front seven. They have a lot to prove." Yup, and they need to figure out who will be attacking from where.

"The defensive backfield has to find answers. Haden has to play well and stay on the field. Some players need to step up and take charge of positions. Unit strength is a must in order for success." - Haden has to get on, and stay on the field. That's a huge question mark. If he doesn't we're third rate at best with a bunch of guys hoping to fill in.

"Special teams just need to play consistently in all aspects." - Again, pretty obvious.

"We all know there are question marks on the 2016 Cleveland Browns. It is up to Hue Jackson and his staff to coach this team up and get each guy to reach his potential." - Sure, let's hope... but we've all been here before. It's all rainbows and sunshine until the Browns show up on Sunday. We'll see if this year is any different.

"So if all works I am hoping to win 9 games. Have winning season. Then build on the foundation and improve." - If it all works out, I'd hope to see seven wins, because there is too much youth, too many gaps in talent, too many question marks, too many maybes and they system is too new for me to believe any differently.

But again, primarily I was just having some fun. GO BROWNS!

9 wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you got Moxxey fella, over 3 and you beat Vegas

O
Legend
Legend
O
What you about the receivers resonated with me.

Obviously Coleman has to be a stud. Whether that's this year or next year, he's gotta be the long term man. What I'm worried about is the crowd of guys behind Coleman (and Gordon and Hawk, I guess). It would be best if we could figure out quickly who is going stick and who is going to fall away. If we go into next year without a clear picture of our receiver depth chart, that's really going to hurt.

Figure out quickly who is going to stick in that group of the later draft picks and Pryor.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jcamm
My hope is we go 3 and 13 ans Eagles go 4 and 12 , would give us pick 4 and 7 roughly

i'd say that's more like pick 2 and 4

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think Hue has the boys ready. Start out 4-0 and finish 8-8. OL should play well in this system. RB: Crowell will want to show he is the Man, after that stunt he pulled. Duke is in 2nd yr. RGIII will need to prove he's got it. I agree with you on the WR's. Our DL will need to step up big. LB's need to bring it.
I think Haden will be fine and I think Gilbert will push for a starting job. Go Browns

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
V
Legend
Legend
V
Too many question marks and not enough givens.

Joe Thomas is a given. We can probably count on Barnidge, Grecco, Crow/Duke, Kruger. The rest...........question marks.

I think this team wins 2 to 5 games.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

I think this team wins 2 to 5 games.

I'm betting 3, with possibly backing into a 4th.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
For the Browns to have a chance to even get a wild card possibility
The Bengals and Steelers need their QBS to go down for a
Extended time
But let's be honest.it a team missing playmakers and chemistry.
Everyone is learning new schemes concepts. Now you combine that
With youth.
It's a 3 win team.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Let me understand this, you drop a hundred plus on food, only reason you go....sad....best case- we win every game and are Super Bowl Champs/ won't happen....no prediction, want to see the team play.....Go Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Jcamm
9 wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you got Moxxey fella, over 3 and you beat Vegas

I didn't say 9 wins, I was quoting bonefish. tsktsk

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Let me understand this, you drop a hundred plus on food, only reason you go....sad

What's sad about her wanting to enjoy her life?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If we win three games this season I'd be amazed and Hue Jackson should be up for coach of the year. All I am hoping for this season is improvement from game one to game sixteen. This is a rebuilding year. We have a ton of rookies. Lots of first time starters at improtant positions. A completely new offense and a defense that a lot of our guys aren't familiar with.
I'll be happy if we compete and don't get blown out every week.... 9 wins? Man that's not going to happen. Can't happen yet. Best case scenario is we lose a lot and Philly does too and we have two top five picks in next years draft.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
T
Legend
Legend
T
The best case scenario is to see real player development, and team concept development, and if they can """" keep the team together """" over time going forward.

To see marked improvement by the end of the year, better play then in the beginning of the year.
Hey!! If even the end of the year games even mattered, would be something.

Best case scenario, is if the Browns can't WIN the division and make the playoffs THIS YEAR!

Then at least, IF they could look like a team, by the end of this year, that everyone on earth could agree "looks" like they are a contender that will reasonably challenge to win the division and make the playoffs for the August 2017, " This Year" .

And We know! : what do we know?

We KNOW! that blowing it all up, and bringing in another new head coach, coords. and Gm, and directors of ops, and vice presidents of ying yang,
Is NOT, going to bring success year 1.

We ALSO KNOW! :what do we also know?

We also know, that if none of the games are competitive, if the run and pass D is a sieve, if the final scores are 35-3 just because the other team let off the gas pedal after going up 35 in the first half,
If they can't find a hole from their head in the ground.
That there will be no choice, but to blow it up, yada yada, ying yang!

Best Case Scenario! So Wha Cha gonna do, when the Cleveland Browns! Run wild, on you! Whoooooo!!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Best case scenario: Haslam somehow is forced to sell the team.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
If the stars align then I think we will quite possibly have the best passing offense in the league. Gordon, Corey, Pryor, Hawkins, and Barnidge is going to be hell for defenses to cover.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
If the stars align then I think we will quite possibly have the best passing offense in the league. Gordon, Corey, Pryor, Hawkins, and Barnidge is going to be hell for defenses to cover.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns

Sounds like it has potential to me at least.

Last edited by GrimmBrown; 07/30/16 07:55 PM. Reason: Syntax looked funky

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm sure defensive coordinators are shaking in their shoes over facing the Browns.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
...From uncontrollable laughter yes

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hopefuly Al can teach these guys to do soemthing that arent used to doing, umm like catching the damn ball.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Too late to teach that, bro.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I'm sure defensive coordinators are shaking in their shoes over facing the Browns.

You seriously don't see the potential in this?

The Old Good Gordon
Coleman
Higgins
Hawkins

Barnidge
Dude

By game 8 with Gordon back in game 5 DC's will have to plan something other than stack the box.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: kwhip

You seriously don't see the potential in this?

The Old Good Gordon
Coleman
Higgins
Hawkins

Barnidge
Dude

By game 8 with Gordon back in game 5 DC's will have to plan something other than stack the box.

If every player reaches their potential (and RG3 plus the line as well) then I'd agree ... but every fan base is saying the same thing about their possibilities on offense.

We weren't ranked #30 out of #32 in terms of offensive talent for nothing

V
Legend
Legend
V
The guy said we had possibly the best passing unit in the league.

Get real!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The guy said we had possibly the best passing unit in the league.

Get real!

Emphasis on possibly. He did say "if the stars align".

Impossible is nothing tsktsk

Probably not this year, but this group seems to show the most potential of any group we've had since the return. It helps that if the AFC North has a weakness it is probably the secondaries. Of course the line will have to hold up, and our QB not unnecessarily break the pocket.

Definitely not the best at this point, but hopefully they'll be fun to watch.

Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah.........I'm whacked.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Both my posts were intended to be somewhat tongue in cheek.

But, hey, padded practice today. Football season is almost here.

Fiercely Independent.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Best case scenario

Link Copied to Clipboard