Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
3 yards behind on crossing routs... looks like he will dovetail right into our secondary tongue

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg
3 yards behind on crossing routs... looks like he will dovetail right into our secondary tongue

brownie

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Scott Petrak ct ‏ @ ScottPetrak 22m 22 minutes ago

New # Browns DL Stephen Paea said been working at NT. Played mostly DE in Washington's 3-4 scheme. Has lot of experience as 4-3 DT.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So either Shelton hasn't impressed or we're looking more at 4-3

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
So either Shelton hasn't impressed or we're looking more at 4-3

Most teams use four down linemen. Teams are in sub packages 65% of the time.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
New Numbers: QB Cody Kessler changed his number from 5 to 6. Other new numbers are: P Britton Colquitt (4), DB Brian Boddy-Calhoun (20), RB George Atkinson III (25), DB Marcus Burley (26), LB Corey Lemonier (52), DL Tyrone Holmes (91) and DL Stephen Paea (99).

C
Legend
Legend
C
Dangit, I bought my Kessler jersey too soon!

cfrs15 #1150128 09/05/16 04:56 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Dangit, I bought my Kessler jersey too soon!

brownie

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The Cleveland Browns have signed DB Trey Caldwell, P Michael Palardy and RB Terrell Watson to the practice squad. To make room, the team released OL Kaleb Johnson from the practice squad.

Caldwell was the Browns fifth-round pick this year. His full bio can be found on page 224 of the Cleveland Browns 2016 media guide.

Palardy is 5-11, 191 pounds and officially in his first NFL season out of Tennessee. He was initially signed by the Browns on Aug. 30 and appeared in the team’s final preseason contest. Originally signed by Oakland as an undrafted free agent in 2014, he has also spent time with the Raiders, Rams, Panthers, Ravens and Colts. A native of Coral Springs, Fla., he graduated from St. Thomas Aquinas High School.

Watson was first signed by the Browns on Jan. 21 and led the team this preseason with eight receptions for 35 yards, while adding 57 rushing yards. His full bio can be found on page 233 of the Cleveland Browns 2016 media guide.

Browns practice squad

DB Trey Caldwell

OL Anthony Fabiano

OL Dan France

TE Connor Hamlett

QB Kevin Hogan

WR Darius Jennings

P Michael Palardy

DB Ed Reynolds

RB Terrell Watson

DL Gabe Wright

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
two punters?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer

The Jets planned to sign former Stony Brook pass rusher Victor Ochi to their practice squad, but he failed their physical with a shoulder injury, per source. Turns out he was hurt in the Ravens' final preseason game, but he wasn't waived with an "injured" designation. It's considered a one- to -two-week injury. When he's healthy, the Jets hope to add him to the practice squad.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
two punters?

And both went to college at Tennessee, I sense another Jimmy Haslam conspiracy theory brewing.

Colquitt is only a one year deal. Palardy might grow into a decent punter.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Cleveland Browns have signed DB Trey Caldwell, P Michael Palardy and RB Terrell Watson to the practice squad. To make room, the team released OL Kaleb Johnson from the practice squad.

Caldwell was the Browns fifth-round pick this year. His full bio can be found on page 224 of the Cleveland Browns 2016 media guide.

Palardy is 5-11, 191 pounds and officially in his first NFL season out of Tennessee. He was initially signed by the Browns on Aug. 30 and appeared in the team’s final preseason contest. Originally signed by Oakland as an undrafted free agent in 2014, he has also spent time with the Raiders, Rams, Panthers, Ravens and Colts. A native of Coral Springs, Fla., he graduated from St. Thomas Aquinas High School.

Watson was first signed by the Browns on Jan. 21 and led the team this preseason with eight receptions for 35 yards, while adding 57 rushing yards. His full bio can be found on page 233 of the Cleveland Browns 2016 media guide.

Browns practice squad

DB Trey Caldwell

OL Anthony Fabiano

OL Dan France

TE Connor Hamlett

QB Kevin Hogan

WR Darius Jennings

P Michael Palardy

DB Ed Reynolds

RB Terrell Watson

DL Gabe Wright

Glad we got Watson onto the practice squad, and think we ended up with a pretty good mix. Still have all our draft picks "on the team."

Wasn't very impressed with Johnson (OL type) in the preseason, so I'm fine with him getting bumped off.

You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
two punters?

And both went to college at Tennessee, I sense another Jimmy Haslam conspiracy theory brewing.

Colquitt is only a one year deal. Palardy might grow into a decent punter.

Didnt realize they're both Tennessee guys. Wow, coincidence

C
Legend
Legend
C
two punters?

Just in case someone overpays for a punter again.

cfrs15 #1150188 09/05/16 09:24 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
two punters?

Just in case someone overpays for a punter again.

rofl

Legend
Legend
Full list of 10 players on the Cleveland Browns’ practice squad

By Chris Pokorny  @DawgsByNature on Sep 5, 2016, 6:20p

The Cleveland Browns have signed ten players to their practice squad for the 2016 season. The practice squad consists of six players who were with the team in camp, and four players who were with other teams. Here is a list of everybody, along with some background information for each of them:

Players on the Browns’ Practice Squad So Far

QB Kevin Hogan - 6-3, 218 lbs. - He was a fifth-round pick by the Kansas City Chiefs in this year’s draft, and somebody who the team had brought for a visit to Berea during the pre-draft process. Many draft pundits had him ranked higher than Cody Kesslerheading into April’s draft.

Hogan has a big frame who can take the bit hits without you worrying about him crumbling. He has good arm strength, but has a very long delivery that the Browns will have to work on. This preseason, he completed 7-of-15 passes for 36 yards and 1 interception, as he was buried fifth on the depth chart. Pep Hamilton was also his offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach in 2012 at Stanford. You can read fans reactions to losing him over at Arrowhead Pride.

RB Terrell Watson - 6-1, 240 lbs. - He was the Browns’ third running back on the depth chart all of camp. When he was released in the second wave of cuts, it was a bit surprising, considering he’d been tied to head coach Hue Jackson since his days in Cincinnati. Now, he’ll continue to have a chance to develop on the practice squad.

WR Darius Jennings - 5-10, 169 lbs. - Some of you may wonder why the Browns would keep Jennings on the practice squad when there are four rookies on the 53-man roster, plus Josh Gordon coming back in Week 5. The Browns will often use practice squad players to help run the scout team offense during a week of preparation. The team might not be ready or willing to give that assignment to their rookie receivers, but Jennings can handle it, plus be ready for a call-up should one of the rookies come down with an “injury.”

TE Connor Hamlett - 6-7, 259 lbs. - He made a name for himself with a bunch of touchdown catches early in camp, which were followed by the “Gronk-like spikes.” He faded during the preseason, though, and when Randall Telfer was healthy enough to play, Telfer joined Gary Barnidge in two-tight-end sets as the blocking tight end. Seth DeValve is a receiving prospect the team didn’t want to let go, and the team wasn’t going to have four tight ends active on gameday. Hamlett can continue to develop here and will get a call up if somebody gets hurt.

OL Anthony Fabiano - 6-3, 303 lbs. - He was an undrafted free agent this year with the Baltimore Ravens. He showed off his versatility in college, making starts at every position except center. Our front office had to appreciate the fact that he’s a Harvard grad. On the practice squad, he’s expected to see some work at guard and center. Here’s what CBS Sports’ Dane Brugler said about him before the draft:

“Fabiano has a squatty, wide body with the initial quickness to set-up and sit in his stance to engage defenders, using his strong hands to keep rushers from his body. He is extremely intelligent, but needs to improve his pre-snap recognition to sense pressures and adjust accordingly. Although he can get chaotic with his mechanics, Fabiano has versatile experience at all five offensive line positions and has a NFL future if he can stay healthy.”

OT Dan France - 6-6, 312 lbs. - I kept getting ridiculed by a few people for predicting France to make the practice squad, yet here he is. I agree that France looked pretty bad in the final two preseason games, but from the start of camp through the second preseason game, he was doing well enough to the point where I thought he might make the club over Alvin Bailey.

DL Gabe Wright - 6-2, 284 lbs. - He was a fourth-round draft pick by the Detroit Lions in 2015. Despite his draft status, he only appeared in 7 games as a rookie, finishing the year with 6 tackles. According to our Lions affiliate, Wright has a great burst when given a free lane, but is easily slowed down otherwise:

“But therein lies the problem with Gabe Wright: like a slot receiver who has to play off the line to keep clean from press coverage, Wright only looks phenomenal when he can take his first steps without interference. Everyone was right about his explosiveness, but everyone was also right about him needing to improve on disengaging/breaking free from blocks.”

You can read their detailed breakdown on Wright in a three-part series: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. He’s the type of project other coaches want a shot at developing on the practice squad.

CB Trey Caldwell - 5-9, 185 lbs. - After initially making the team’s 53-man roster, Caldwell was waived in the second round of cuts. He is the only member of the team’s 14-man draft class who is not on the 53-man roster. Caldwell probably would have stuck with the club had it not been for him missing all of camp with a hamstring injury. He is now recovered from that, but the team needed somebody who was ready to play in Week 1, as evidenced by their two waiver wire claims at the cornerback position. Caldwell can get re-acclimated to the defense while on the practice squad, and is the most likely player poised to get a call-up at some point.

S Ed Reynolds - 6-1, 207 lbs. - He was a sixth-round draft pick by the Philadelphia Eagles in 2014. He played in 6 games last year, finishing with 21 tackles, 1 pass defended, and 1 interception. He led the team in tackles this preseason with 10, and he also logged an interception. Philadelphia had a crowded group at the safety position, with two clear starters in Rodney McCleod and Malcolm Jenkins. Cleveland is very young at the position, and if someone starts off slowly and Reynolds shows some promise on the practice squad, he could get a call-up at some point.

P Michael Palardy - 5-11, 191 lbs. - I’m surprised Cleveland opted to keep a punter on the practice squad. Despite his inconsistencies in the final preseason game, though, maybe special teams coordinator Chris Tabor thinks he can coach him up to the point where he could compete with veteran Britton Colquitt next year (or maybe even without Colquitt in camp, since he’s on a one-year deal).

What About These Players?

Here is the status of other practice squad eligible players you might be wondering about:

RB Raheem Mostert - Unsigned
RB Jahwan Edwards - Unsigned
FB Robert Hughes - Unsigned
WR Taylor Gabriel - Signed to Falcons’ 53-man roster
WR Josh Boyce - Unsigned
WR Ed Eagan - Unsigned
TE J.P. Holtz - Unsigned
TE E.J. Bibbs - Unsigned
TE David Reeves - Unsigned
C Mike Matthews - Unsigned
OL Cory Tucker - Unsigned
DL Kenton Adeyemi - Unsigned
DL Chigbo Anunoby - Unsigned
OLB Cam Johnson - Unsigned
OLB Jason Neill - Unsigned
CB K’Waun Williams - Unsigned / Failed physical with Bears
CB Pierre Desir - Signed to Chargers’ 53-man roster
CB Charles Gaines - Unsigned
CB Eric Patterson - Unsigned
CB Mikell Everette - Unsigned
CB Tim Scott - Unsigned
S Sean Baker - Unsigned
K Travis Coons - Unsigned
P Kasey Redfern - Unsigned

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/9/5/12...-practice-squad

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
glad watson made it back

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
and jennings ... he's shown some ability

Legend
Legend
I have to admit that I kind of hoped that Mike Matthews would make it.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I have to admit that I kind of hoped that Mike Matthews would make it.
. No shame in that as I hoped he would make it as well n

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
You'd have to be a Steelers fan not to.

1st String
1st String
Hope Mike Matthews does make it in the league.

June Summertime 2024!
Legend
Legend
If I added/divided correctly, our team averages less than 3.5 years experience.

That's kinda scary. We'll be really inexperienced when McCown and other older players are traded. crazy (which I still expect to happen as the year progresses)

I bet that we would be the youngest team in the NFL if we traded McCown.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
glad we picked up Hogan I think he has more potential than cody does.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Mike Matthews didn't make the PS, so I don't think the coaches see any future with him. I don't even remember him playing much this preseason

D
Legend
Legend
D
Watson and Darius Jennings back, nice...

Legend
Legend
Any one else seeing all this Gordon to Philly trade talk on social media outlets?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I hadn't heard anything about that. Maybe they want to flip Minny's 1st

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Any one else seeing all this Gordon to Philly trade talk on social media outlets?

Haven't heard or read one word of that. Where are you seeing it?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
If I was the FO, I wouldn't shop him. Just for the sake of allowing RG3 to have maxed out weapons come week 5.

If the FO wants to trade him, do it after the season when his stock rises.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
There was a "source" that posted it. Feel free to delete, but after I saw it posted on another site.. I searched twitter, and even looked on JG's instagram, and saw a few come to philly posts. Hope it doesn't happen.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
We got a 6th and 5th rounder for 2 players that were proly gonna be cut and also got a 2018 4th rounder for our punter....

But now the same FO is gonna give Josh Gordon away for a 4th rounder and one of 2 unproven WRs.....for Josh Gordon?

Something doesn't match.

Legend
Legend
Your FB isn't popping bro lol

Who's Twitter feed are you following

Last edited by Swish; 09/07/16 08:57 AM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
lol.. It's probably BS, but I thought I'd share.

O
Legend
Legend
O
A 4th? Not worth it in anyway. He is worth at minimum a 2nd and only because he is a risk. If he was not a risk He'd bring a first and a second.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Swish #1150684 09/07/16 10:26 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Swish

It was a fake Ian Rappoport account that posted it. It was also on a Philly board but was debunked quickly.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: Swish

It was a fake Ian Rappoport account that posted it. It was also on a Philly board but was debunked quickly.

CRAP! I was hoping we got something for him before his eventual positive pee test.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
The only way they trade him for anything less than a second is if they have cloudy [censored].

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
trading josh would be the stupidest thing we can do...an it won't happen anyway...

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Updated Roster

Link Copied to Clipboard