Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The Kaepernick effect.

It's been ok to protest in the name of God and religion.

But in the name of humanity? Nah. Cut them! Kick them out of school! Get the hell out of my country!

We're better than this America!

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
geez..

Well, it's kids thinking they're acting cool.

Just like Kapootnick.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
geez..

Just like Kapootnick.

And the kids in the top picture that you overlooked are thinking they are acting like.....?

– Jackie Robinson
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
geez..

Just like Kapootnick.
b

Yep! Maybe someday they will be lucky enough to see their jersey number on the back of some hoodlums looting a store in the middle of a tragedy! Such pride!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
so a diversified group of kids all united for a cause.

and all you can Cjrae can do is bad mouth them.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I love these this move:

Quote:
Officials said the protest "felt hurtful to many in our Pirate family"

Students in the marching band at East Carolina University faced boos and racial slurs at a football game on Saturday as they protested racial discrimination, and then they were told by university officials that such protests would “not be tolerated moving forward.”

At the game against the University of Central Florida, 19 members of the school’s marching band took a knee during the national anthem, joining nationwide protests that began last month with San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Students told local station WITN that people in the stadium crowd booed, spit on them and yelled racial slurs. Athletes across the country who have taken a knee have faced criticism from some who view the protest as disrespectful to law enforcement and military service members.

East Carolina University officials said Monday that they “regret the actions” of the marching band. In a letter—signed by the director of athletic bands, the director of the school of music and the dean of the College of Fine Arts and Communication—officials said the protest “felt hurtful to many in our Pirate family and disrespectful to our country.”

“We have met with the band and the members have collectively reaffirmed their commitment to the unique privilege and responsibility that comes with wearing the uniform of the Marching Pirates,” the letter said. “College is about learning, and it is our expectation that the members of the Marching Pirates will learn from this experience and fulfill their responsibilities. While we affirm the right of all our students to express their opinions, protests of this nature by the Marching Pirates will not be tolerated moving forward.”

In response, several former presidents of the university’s Black Student Union on Tuesday called the letter “deplorable” and asked that it be retracted.

“Those statements stand in contrast to this university’s strong history of student activism and in opposition to the position of the Chancellor,” they wrote in a statement. “We will not allow East Carolina to go back to the days where the black student’s voice was marginalized. The actions of the East Carolina’s band leadership are deplorable.”

Monday’s letter appeared to contradict an earlier statement released after the game by Chancellor Cecil Staton, who said the university would “safeguard the right to free speech, petition and peaceful assembly.”

“As an institution of higher learning, East Carolina respects the rights of our students, staff and faculty to express their personal views,” Staton said in the statement, urging “respect for each other’s views.”

A university spokeswoman said Wednesday that Staton’s statement had not changed. The spokeswoman added that Staton was traveling and was not immediately able to clarify the school’s official stance on protests. It’s not clear what would happen if students chose to kneel again during a football game in the coming week.

http://time.com/4519866/east-carolina-university-national-anthem-kneeling/

V
Legend
Legend
V
And this one:

Quote:
East Carolina Radio Affiliate Pulls Game After Band's National Anthem Protest
By Adam Wells , Featured Columnist Oct 4, 2016

The radio affiliate for the East Carolina Pirates football team will not broadcast this Saturday's showdown against South Florida after several members of the school band protested the national anthem before last week's game.

Per a statement on Facebook from Colonial Media and Entertainment CEO Jeff Andrulonis, the decision not to broadcast the matchup against South Florida came about because the band members "disgraced" themselves:

Several members of the band refused to play the national anthem and others "took a knee" during the performance, with the result that roughly a dozen band members disgraced themselves on the football field this past weekend. I’m proud of our country, and I’m proud of our soldiers — especially our soldiers from Fort Bragg — fighting for our country so I’ve decided that ESPN Fayetteville will "protest the protest." I talked with some of our East Carolina football sponsors yesterday and will be talking with more of them today. So far, it has been unanimous. Every sponsor I’ve talked to agrees that last weekend’s spectacle at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium was shameful, and a message needs to be sent.

Andrulonis went on to attack the members of the band who protested, saying they could have chosen to quietly protest in the hours before the game, "but that would have required them to wake up early." He added these are "college students and it’s about time they get an education on the concept that their actions have consequences."

ECU grad Michael Aho captured an image of some band members taking a knee during the national anthem before the Pirates hosted Central Florida:

The entire band was booed during the halftime show as a result of the silent protest before the game, via Pirate Radio 1250:

The ECU Band was boo'ed loudly during halftime of today's game.

Later that same day, per Michael Prunka of the Washington Daily News, East Carolina Chancellor Cecil Staton issued a statement saying the university respected the students' rights to express their own views and asked for fellow students, supporters and participants "to act with respect for each other's views."

It's been more than one month since San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick began his silent protest of kneeling during the national anthem to protest various racial injustices, with more athletes and citizens joining in each week.

The statement from Andrulonis concludes by saying after "taking a knee" for Saturday's game, the radio affiliate will resume broadcasting East Carolina games starting the following week against Navy on Oct. 13.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/26675...-anthem-protest

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I love these this move:

Quote:

Students in the marching band at East Carolina University faced boos and racial slurs at a football game on Saturday as they protested racial discrimination, and then they were told by university officials that such protests would “not be tolerated moving forward.”

At the game against the University of Central Florida, 19 members of the school’s marching band took a knee during the national anthem, joining nationwide protests that began last month with San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Students told local station WITN that people in the stadium crowd booed, spit on them and yelled racial slurs. Athletes across the country who have taken a knee have faced criticism from some who view the protest as disrespectful to law enforcement and military service members.

East Carolina University officials said Monday that they “regret the actions” of the marching band. In a letter—signed by the director of athletic bands, the director of the school of music and the dean of the College of Fine Arts and Communication—officials said the protest “felt hurtful to many in our Pirate family and disrespectful to our country.”

“We have met with the band and the members have collectively reaffirmed their commitment to the unique privilege and responsibility that comes with wearing the uniform of the Marching Pirates,” the letter said. “College is about learning, and it is our expectation that the members of the Marching Pirates will learn from this experience and fulfill their responsibilities. While we affirm the right of all our students to express their opinions, protests of this nature by the Marching Pirates will not be tolerated moving forward.”

In response, several former presidents of the university’s Black Student Union on Tuesday called the letter “deplorable” and asked that it be retracted.

“Those statements stand in contrast to this university’s strong history of student activism and in opposition to the position of the Chancellor,” they wrote in a statement. “We will not allow East Carolina to go back to the days where the black student’s voice was marginalized. The actions of the East Carolina’s band leadership are deplorable.”

Monday’s letter appeared to contradict an earlier statement released after the game by Chancellor Cecil Staton, who said the university would “safeguard the right to free speech, petition and peaceful assembly.”

“As an institution of higher learning, East Carolina respects the rights of our students, staff and faculty to express their personal views,” Staton said in the statement, urging “respect for each other’s views.”

A university spokeswoman said Wednesday that Staton’s statement had not changed. The spokeswoman added that Staton was traveling and was not immediately able to clarify the school’s official stance on protests. It’s not clear what would happen if students chose to kneel again during a football game in the coming week.

Funny, ironic or goofy that they used the term "deplorable". Wonder if they have a basket to put it in.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Why does the anti-PC crowd seem so upset by a peaceful protest but make excuses for every nasty thing Trump says?

Seems being PC only fits when it's something that offends them.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
quote above by perfectspiral:

"And the kids in the top picture that you overlooked are thinking they are acting like.....?"

Are you serious?

What kids are you referring too?

You posted the picture.

You don't even know what you posted?

Well, here's some help. There is not a single kid in the top picture. At least I don't see one.

So you ask what the kids in the top picture are doing? Lame post.

The kids in the bottom picture are trying to act cool.

"..it's kids thinking they're acting cool."

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

"And the kids in the top picture that you overlooked are thinking they are acting like.....?"

Are you serious?

You posted the picture.

Well, here's some help. There is not a single kid in the top picture. At least I don't see one.

Exactly. If these "kids" were questioned about why they knelt, they, most likely, really have no idea. They simply are following a poor example. This is how division is perpetuated.

Together we stand, divided we fall.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Exactly?

Are you agreeing w/him that none of those pictured are teenagers? Don't let the clothing fool you. There are teens in that picture, same as the other one.

Y'all are so one-sided.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Well, actually I was agreeing with the "trying to act cool part".

The top pic looks like college kids and the bottom high school.

Guess it depends upon the definition of kid. But it really doesn't matter anyway now does it?

Just giving my IMO.....that's my right!

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c:

I love these this move:

[quote]

Students in the marching band at East Carolina University faced boos and racial slurs
Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you would like these this moves

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you would respond to me w/your usual surly self.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you would respond to me w/your usual surly self.

Surly?? Hee hee , I like that

Thank you , would give you a thumbs up if I knew how

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

I will try to educate you once again. Hold both hands straight out in front of you, palms down. Now, rotate your right hand to the right and your left hand to the left.

You will notice that both thumbs are above the rest of your fingers w/your pinkies closest to the floor/ground. Now, take your thumbs and extend them towards the ceiling or sky.

Pretty cool, eh?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
So fans in the audience began booing during the national anthem or after the national anthem? I have a feeling it's the former. How dare the fans spit on those band members.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I love civil disobedience.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I will try to educate you once again. Hold both hands straight out in front of you, palms down. Now, rotate your right hand to the right and your left hand to the left.

You will notice that both thumbs are above the rest of your fingers w/your pinkies closest to the floor/ground. Now, take your thumbs and extend them towards the ceiling or sky.

Pretty cool, eh?
Quote:

Pretty cool, eh?
thanks you for that Mister Miyagi!! 👍👍

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Cjrae
j/c:

I love these this move:

Quote:

Funny, ironic or goofy that they used the term "deplorable". Wonder if they have a basket to put it in.

Just to add, a local radio station refused to air the following game after this. They called it a "protest to a protest"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/earl...g-band-protest/

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
man it must really bother you guys to see whites uniting with blacks on this issue.

lol its great. keep it going!!! i love watching the tears flow from you guys!!

i love seeing whites, blacks, and latinos from all ages kneel together, lock arms together in a sign of unity.

you guys remind me of a bunch of witches when something doesn't go your way.

IM MELTING, IM MELTING!!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
"Indifference to Reality. All nationalists have the power of not seeing resemblances between similar sets of facts. A British Tory will defend self-determination in Europe and oppose it in India with no feeling of inconsistency. Actions are held to be good or bad, not on their own merits, but according to who does them, and there is almost no kind of outrage — torture, the use of hostages, forced labour, mass deportations, imprisonment without trial, forgery, assassination, the bombing of civilians — which does not change its moral colour when it is committed by ‘our’ side."

George Orwell

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Are you serious?

You posted the picture.

I'd say the kids in the Bottom picture are showing unitity and acting as grown ups. While the kids in the top picture are acting like children and racists thinking they are cool. But now I don't expect you to see it that way. oh well

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Feminists attacks pro-life group

Maybe it's not ok to protest in the name of religion? or maybe... people just get very emotional when they see people protesting something they feel very strongly about... The number of times people have bashed (both verbally and people physically) who are protesting is a very long list and I don't think any side can claim a moral high ground...

If you need a frame of reference go pull up a Westboro Baptist Church thread from the past.. they protest peacefully... go read the things that people on this very board say should be done to them... I find their "cause" to be pathetic but that's just me..... so who gets to decide when protesters should have bad things said about them?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
'49ers bench Blaine Gabbert, will start Colin Kaepernick at QB'

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17771...k-buffalo-bills

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20

Time to pump the national anthem through the loudspeakers on 3rd downs for his away games.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Time to pump the national anthem through the loudspeakers on 3rd downs for his away games.

That would make an awesome comedy skit/cartoon.

"Kaepernick takes the snap and drops back ... and the national anthem is now playing! Kaepernick has taken a knee and is down for another 6 yard loss!"

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

"Kaepernick takes the snap and drops back ... and the national anthem is now playing! Kaepernick has taken a knee and is down for another 6 yard loss!"

laugh laugh

Legend
Legend

That would be comical.. on the other hand some of the stuff the Buffalo fans did, said, had on t-shirts, etc was not comical. I always thought Bills fans were a pretty classy bunch but they really showed their arse this week from what I've seen.

yebat' Putin
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

That would be comical.. on the other hand some of the stuff the Buffalo fans did, said, had on t-shirts, etc was not comical. I always thought Bills fans were a pretty classy bunch but they really showed their arse this week from what I've seen.

Wait a sec bro, Kap can say ans do what he feels and Bills fans can't voice how they feel. Kap was starting and going into a away stadium knowing he would get alot of pub so any reaction to his so called stance in justified. Don't single out Bills fans here, what do you think the reaction would be in DC or Philly or Oakland or better yet here , Browns fans would twice as bad as Bills fans, Don't make a flash in the pan QB who is very disliked in his own locker room some sort of hero.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I take it you didn't see the t shirts that depict killing Kaep.

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
He could not wait for the the presser after the game to play Malcom X , he should worry about missing wide open throws all day ,he is a horrible QB.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Wait a sec bro, Kap can say ans do what he feels and Bills fans can't voice how they feel.

"Stand up, Shut up, Kaeperdick"

Having a kickboxing dummy with a Kaepernick jersey on it and a guy with a bull horn shouting that fans in the parking lot can "tackle the Muslim"?

A photo of Kaep on a t-shirt in the crosshairs of a scope calling him, "WANTED" a notorious disgrace to America?

And I don't know, nor do I care, what fans in other cities would have done... none of those things are expressing a counter opinion or a political opinion at all.. they are just personalized hatred and threats...

yebat' Putin
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
I take it you didn't see the t shirts that depict killing Kaep.

No different than all the BLM crap I see all the time, you wanna play the game you better know the rules. You want the attention your gonna get offended too bad, Kind of like the Pigs on his cleats tit for tat. Kap has the right to protest however he wants but don't get mad or cry foul when people throw it back at you . what did you expect the Bills fan to do throw flowers at him. He know he would a rude reception . Every road game will get worse book it. END of rant.

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
Wait a sec bro, Kap can say ans do what he feels and Bills fans can't voice how they feel.

"Stand up, Shut up, Kaeperdick"

Having a kickboxing dummy with a Kaepernick jersey on it and a guy with a bull horn shouting that fans in the parking lot can "tackle the Muslim"?

A photo of Kaep on a t-shirt in the crosshairs of a scope calling him, "WANTED" a notorious disgrace to America?

And I don't know, nor do I care, what fans in other cities would have done... none of those things are expressing a counter opinion or a political opinion at all.. they are just personalized hatred and threats...

Kind of like the protesters shouting anti cop stuff, your gonna see only what you want to so peace out bro, there are no rules in free speech sorry to say. We agree to disagree no hate here.

V
Legend
Legend
V
But Castro T-shirts and socks w/cops dressed as pigs is cool.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 10/17/16 04:40 PM. Reason: spelling error
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
But Castor T-shirts and socks w/cops dressed as pigs is cool.

Right On thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Just bought a Kap jersey!! Go Kap!!!

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Kind of like the protesters shouting anti cop stuff, your gonna see only what you want to so peace out bro,

No, I criticized people for those kinds of things and I criticized Kaep for his pig socks... thought that was more of a cheap shot than a form of protest.

Quote:
there are no rules in free speech sorry to say.

Actually there are a few rules.. and even if there are no rules, the focus should be on remaining decent and productive. I may not be perfect and I'm sure you could find some times when I violated that rule but I do try to apply it consistently...

yebat' Putin
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Kaepernick refuses to stand for National Anthem 2

Link Copied to Clipboard