Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
R
Legend
Legend
R
I hear you.

There is literally nothing to get excited about.

Hue even knows it. After nearly 3 weeks of almost being in tears in his post game pressers, he seemed to accept the fate of the team in his post game presser today. Probably a huge relief off his shoulders to just accept how bad they are.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Hue may do a good job during the week .. witch is important .. and i no where's near want him fired ..

But he's been a PART OF THE PROBLEM ON SUNDAYS ...

His game mgmt. is HORRIBLE ... u can't make substations when your in your 2 minute drill .. U CAN'T ..

And there's NO SENSE OF URGENCY ... today was the 2nd time in the last 3 weeks .. or was it last week .. i'm VERY DISSAPOINTED in alot of things right now .. maybe i'll go have a drink .. *L*

How does he not KNOW THESE THINGS ....

Last edited by DiamDawg; 10/30/16 06:17 PM.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
but my apathy is at an all time high. I cheer and root for them, but at the end of every game I'm just laughing. It's comical now, the Browns aren't worth any anger, or to be thought of for more than a few minutes after a game.

That's right where I'm at. I actually remember being down and pizzed for a few days or more after a Browns loss. I'm over it before the game's actually finished anymore and laugh at our ineptitude.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
I believe the plan by the FO is a far, far bigger issue than Hue's coaching. It ain't even close, bro.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I hear you.

There is literally nothing to get excited about.

Hue even knows it. After nearly 3 weeks of almost being in tears in his post game pressers, he seemed to accept the fate of the team in his post game presser today. Probably a huge relief off his shoulders to just accept how bad they are.

And has accepted just how bad he (Hue) is. The quick ousting by the Raiders should have told us something. He better make huge and I mean HUGE strides from this point forward, especially next year or the Browns will be looking for their 10 nth coach since 99. He's cost the team at least 2 wins. Hate it or not that's the reality of it.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I believe the plan by the FO is a far, far bigger issue than Hue's coaching. It ain't even close, bro.

I LOVE their plan ... we'll know about the execution in a few years ... like i said .. i think this FO is DOOMED TO FAIL ... but i LOVE their plan ..

No problem with the OVERHAUL ... none what so ever ...

The execution .. not so good ..

And if Hue doesn't LEARN game mgmt. .. will it even matter? ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
The plan sucks. This isn't baseball, bro.

Legend
Legend

Is hue's coaching even the problem?

I mean I'm looking at the truth: our talent level on offense is almost as bad as our defense. Yet we manage to move the ball and score.

The only spot that hasn't had anybody start at a new position on the O line is LT. every other spot has seen a new starter or someone having to play that position during the game because of injury.

Other than hawk, who is only 5'8 by the way, our WR's are all rookies. I consider Pryor one because this is his first full year a that position.

And it's starting to be the hard truth that Louis and the others...well they just don't look good. It would be one thing if he was raw at route running. But the guy can't even do the basic job of a WR: catch the ball.

So our only experienced weapon in the passing game is barnidge.

And don't get me started on our biggest problem: bro....we have started more QB's than our starting players on the Cavs due to injury.

So yea bro, we absolutely suck. hue's play calling is infuriating sometimes, but damn. I mean this guy HAS to make unpredictable and crazy play calls because we don't have the talent to be a normal offense. We have to do gimmicks. We have to use trickery. We have to be deceptive.

And I'm ok with that, because at the end of the day, he's doing whatever the hell he thinks he needs to do to move the ball on offense. To win.

So yea bro I agree with you. The FO gutted the defensive roster to the point that it's borderline unwatchable. Im looking at the talent level on defense and I'm placing the blame squarely on sashi and Paul's shoulders this year.

I'm trying to show a lot of patience and hope because they did give us ogbah and Nassib. But this offseason they need to seriously address the defense, and spend some damn money.

Last edited by Swish; 10/30/16 06:37 PM.

β€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You don't know this. We just started out. So far alot of good young draft picks, next yr. we'll get more and so forth...

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
V
Legend
Legend
V
Horton and Hue will be the fall guys for the ineptness of ownership and the FO.

I think Hue is actually getting more out of this offense than almost anyone else could.

D
Legend
Legend
D

Thanks man .. wow .. i was sure confused .. rolleyes

D
Legend
Legend
D

I think Hue is actually getting more out of this offense than almost anyone else could.

Its to bad he has shown NO ABILITY TO CLOSE ..

He's KILLED US at the end of games .. KILLS US ...

Do we even practice the 2 minute drill .. we have NO SENSE OF URGENCY ... NONE ..

He SUBSTITED in it .. but then again . With as MUCH TIME as we take in between plays i guess it doesn't really matter ..

NEVER SEEN A SLOWER PACE BY A TEAM DOWN 2 SCORES ...

EVER ..

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

Hmmmmmmmmm...........you are becoming part of the posse, eh? Whatever man. Have a good one.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Do we even practice the 2 minute drill .. we have NO SENSE OF URGENCY ... NONE ..

He SUBSTITED in it .. but then again . With as MUCH TIME as we take in between plays i guess it doesn't really matter ..

EVER ..

This. It's SO old to watch.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

EVER ..

And...like Jules says...when you learn from the Master of Poor Game Management (Marvin Lewis)...what can we expect?

And it's true. Marvin has always been poor at that. Hue is poor at it. Hurry up means NOTHING to them. They think it means have some coffee and donuts before you get the play off.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
V
Legend
Legend
V
Has anyone considered the experience of the players who are running that offense?

J
Legend
Legend
J
Like McCown??

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Has anyone considered the experience of the players who are running that offense?

The players barely MOVE, Vers. They know hurry up means HURRY the hell up, don't they?? If not, they shouldn't be playing ball.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
V
Legend
Legend
V
No Jules, like Erving, Pasztor, Pryor, Louis, Duke, Bailey, Higgens, etc.

Coaching is not the problem w/this team. But, that won't stop the masses for calling for mass firings next year and we can start all over again. That always works so well.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I was listening to the game driving back from the beach, and the announcers were commenting on the lack of pace on the last drive. They also noted that some of the new players seemed to not know where they were to line up...the one play that stood out was JT calling to McCown to hurry up and snap the ball and Josh trying to get Higgins? (I think) lined up and to them, he was indicating he did not know where to go. To me, it again comes back to have different QB's and a lack of players playing together...I was surprised that we didn't spike the ball a few times and then maybe have 2-3 plays set up for a hurry up...maybe we did?

They also commented that for the most of the game - especially the first half - the Browns' were quick to get to the line, almost like a hurry up, except for the final few snaps - but I can't verify this since I missed most of the game.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
D
Legend
Legend
D

Hmmmmmmmmm...........you are becoming part of the posse, eh? Whatever man. Have a good one.

U tell me its not baseball .. and then u got the balls to say this to me .. *LOL* ..

Someone needs a reality check ...

U don't wanna hear crap from me .. don't START IT ... u wanna be condescending to me .. BUCKLE UP .. i ain't taking your crap ...

Thats unbelievable Vers ..

U have a good one also ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
Like McCown??

They SUBSTITUTED ..... MULTIPLE SUBSITIONS ....

STUPID ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
i ain't taking your crap ..

What crap? I pointed out that building a football team is different than a baseball team and you came back w/some smart ass comment.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Vers. you always pull this crap. It was YOUR SMART comment that started it all. Go Fly A Kite

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Well were 0-8 now and 0-10 is a very real possibility.

Im telling you this is not looking good at all....i was 50/50 on the 016 thing but now..i'd say its 80-90% likely....

If they go 0-16 you HAVE to clean house....there is ZERO to build on an 0-16 year...if Hue and this team can't win 2 stinking games this year they don't belong in the NFL at all and need to be broomed out of here.

yes win 2 game Hue...just 2...even 1...show us something...anything!

Right now this guy is the worst coach we have ever had, and its the worst staff ever assembled...

Even Terry Robiskie as an interim coach in 2004 was able to win 1 stinking game as a head coach....with a trash roster...

Excuses are over....im sorry but if he can't win 2 of the remaining games on this schedule, then he shouldn't be back next year and neither should Shashi or Depodesta...this is a whole new level of suckage...

even Mangini was able to win 5 games with a trash roster full of of old slow aging vets and trash players...

Enough is enough this is turning into a damn embarrassment...this is sucking the life right out of this franchise...its atrocious...its not acceptable...if these guys in the locker room don't want it bad enough, you find people who do...and the draft isn't the only place they can be found...Kurt Warner was found bagging groceries...

These guys are just going through the motions to collect a paycheck, and our Head coaching is allowing it....

No way in Hades would Marty, or Cowher, or even Bellichik would put up with this trash...If "this" is the best direction for the Browns, they might as well pack up the team and go to LA...this is just utter trash no matter how you shake it...these guys, coaches, and front office are embarassing this city, they are embarassing the freaking state!

Even the Bengals were not THIS BAD prior to Lewis arriving...its a disgrace...

Legend
Legend

Before the season began I wrote two posts:

Best Case Scenario

Worst Case Scenario

Interesting to go back and read that now.
==========================================================

"As they say: "you hope for the best but plan for the worst".

For the Browns history has been unkind and what bad can happen does.

First.) Griffin either plays his way out of the starter's role or gets injured. That creates issues but McCown can provide at least a competent replacement.

Next.) OL Erving plays like last year. That causes big problems. Because it will destabilize the line and cause change.

Next.) The run game suffers because the OL is flux. Ripple effect. Which impacts all aspects of the offense. The pass games suffers as well.

Next.) The receivers most being young and inexperienced struggle making the adjustments to the NFL. Gordon reverts to the past. Pryor the experiment fails. Along with the OL the offense comes tumbling down.

Next.) The defensive front seven is unable to create a pass rush. My biggest fear comes true. The whole defense is impacted by the failure to rush the passer. Big trouble.

Next.) The defensive backfield is left on an island because of the inability to rush the passer. Depth and inexperience exposes itself.

Next.) Special teams plays below average. Just compounds the problems.

If losing starts and stays; things fall apart no matter with all the coach vibes. Pressure mounts on all and the environment changes.

The result is they will be lucky to win two games."
=========================================================

The only part that has worked out of this is Pryor. Erving has been ok but with Bitonio going on the IR the OL depth is showing it's ugly head.

In addition, you don't expect to be playing third and fourth string quarterbacks with little or no experience. Kudos to Kessler for being adequate and above average.

The FO plan to rebuild is not the question. The question is and that question will remain:

Can they select the right players???

Legend
Legend
0-16, 2-14, 4-12 they are all the same. It doesn't matter. There is no need to clean house no matter what. We need to give this through the end of the 2018 season before we even think about making any changes.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
0-16, 2-14, 4-12 they are all the same. It doesn't matter. There is no need to clean house no matter what. We need to give this through the end of the 2018 season before we even think about making any changes.

They are not the same it does matter...being a winless team means you have no pride, it also means you don't respect the people running the show(coaches and front office) sticking with an 0-16 loser is not going to be a positive direction moving forward...

previous regimes showed more...Even Pat Shurmur was able to win 4 games....

You can't stick with a guy who is WORSE then the guy you fired. This isn't a regression, its a complete step backwards with no end in sight. This isn't even the wheels coming off, the bus has already crashed and is on fire burning away into nothing.

If this guy can't even win 1 game this year let alone 2-3 he has no future here or anywhere else in the NFL. Sticking with these people will just lead us into a new land of suckage we may never recover from.

We need to find the right guy and stick with the right guys, but Jackson, Depodesta, and Sashi are NOT those guys....

The right guys however is not hard to figure out.

The Head Coach needs to be a guy no older then 35 who has never held an NFL position higher then a position coach/coordinator. (See the Steelers Mike Tomlin, this is how you pick the right guy)

You pair that "young up and coming head coach" with a GM older then the age of 42 with at least 5 years experience working in an NFL front office in a supervisory position.

Then you let the young coach and GM grow in the position together.

Right now we absolute fools running our front office with Sashi and Depodesta, and we have a head coach who thought it was a good idea to trade a 1st rder and a conditional second rounder for a retired Carason Palmer...the same guy who passed on Wentz....who was as close to a sure thing at QB we would have had since Rothlisberger came out.

If we even win 1 game this year it will be a miracle, but if our owner is dumb enough to let Sashi, Depodesta, and Hue survive a few years here i hope you are ready to endure the most amount of suckage this team has ever saw...even Shurmur didn't suck this bad and i hated that guy....

You can get a pretty good feel for things by half way point...this is Hue, Sashi, and Depodesta 6 month eval and they are not meeting standards, any other employer would have fired them already for such poor performance...here in Cleveland we want to hold on to hope that next year they may not suck quite as bad as they do this year...maybe they will win 1 game instead of 0.....

Last edited by Knight_Of_Brown; 10/31/16 02:58 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
It actually doesn't mean any of those things accept for in your own mind.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
previous HC's didn't have a roster this young. I do believe we have 12 rookies on our 53. FO and Hue knew the season wasn't going to "wow" anyone. don't think they saw a 0-8 start though. but add to that so many starters hurt and an O-line that is different week in and week out, doesn't help either. Hell even Crennel got 4 years. we need to give this crew at least that much time

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Legend
Legend

Sorry but I don't believe you are looking at the complete picture.

There are many factors at play here.

Start with the quarterbacks. Then look at the roster and injuries. Then look at the number of players who are playing that have little to no experience.

Right or wrong this front office and coaching staff have to given time to show if they are on the right track.

At the end of next year if the results remain the same then there is a case for detailed evaluation.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Cleaning house will not happen, Jimmy can't afford to do it again so soon, he will look completely inept as the owner. Dee won't let that happen again.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/31/16 03:54 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:
We need to find the right guy and stick with the right guys, but Jackson, Depodesta, and Sashi are NOT those guys....

The right guys however is not hard to figure out.

The Head Coach needs to be a guy no older then 35 who has never held an NFL position higher then a position coach/coordinator. (See the Steelers Mike Tomlin, this is how you pick the right guy)

You pair that "young up and coming head coach" with a GM older then the age of 42 with at least 5 years experience working in an NFL front office in a supervisory position.

This is where I stopped reading because it was just that ridiculous. The head coach must be no older than 35. Why? Well because Tomlin was young of course.

This might be the most ridiculous thing you've ever written....and that's saying something.

Legend
Legend
Bro it means we finished in last place. Lord your bowels need some help. 0-16 is no different than 3-13, unless your pride and ego are effected by 1 or 2 wins in a season notallthere

The rest of your post is just WAA WAA WAA my feelings are hurt and I don't like it. Toughen up buddy, grow a set, get use to it, and Hope like I do that this group gets it right because I am not saying that they will.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Bro it means we finished in last place. Lord your bowels need some help. 0-16 is no different than 3-13, unless your pride and ego are effected by 1 or 2 wins in a season notallthere

The rest of your post is just WAA WAA WAA my feelings are hurt and I don't like it. Toughen up buddy, grow a set, get use to it, and Hope like I do that this group gets it right because I am not saying that they will.

Sorry bro ... i'm with u on every step .. weather we win a game or not .. no one should be fired after this year ......

NOT 0 - 16 though .. i want a WIN .. JUST ONE .. for me ... 0 - 16 would be DEVESTATING ..

We have alot of things hung around our necks as browns fans .. including the thing i hate most of all ... WERE PITTIED .. i hate being PITTIED ... with everything we have hung around our necks .. this is the one that would EMBERASS ME .. I can handle all the rest .. NOT THAT ONE ...

Legend
Legend
meh... we're already below rock bottom. 0-16 would be just another Browns-ism.... it wouldn't faze me in the slightest. We could see in pre-season what this team was - the 1970's Bucs. May as well have a record like them.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Not to fret Diam...we'll get at least one win this year...I think we take home the wins for Ratbirds, Bengals, and Giants. I see 3 we have a solid chance at winning.

Last edited by dawgpound101; 10/31/16 05:34 PM.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Sorry bro ... i'm with u on every step .. weather we win a game or not .. no one should be fired after this year ......

NOT 0 - 16 though .. i want a WIN .. JUST ONE .. for me ... 0 - 16 would be DEVESTATING ..

We have alot of things hung around our necks as browns fans .. including the thing i hate most of all ... WERE PITTIED .. i hate being PITTIED ... with everything we have hung around our necks .. this is the one that would EMBERASS ME .. I can handle all the rest .. NOT THAT ONE ...

Dude I have been pittied, disrespected, and embarrased all my life. I grew up being five foot nothing, barely over 100 pounds (after my Junior year, because I wasn't close to 100 pounds before that) Now YOU can't look me in the eyes and admit that if we win it all in 2019 that you would give two craps if we went 0-16, or 2-14 in 2016.

You don't even need to respond. I already know your answer.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
meh... we're already below rock bottom. 0-16 would be just another Browns-ism.... it wouldn't faze me in the slightest. We could see in pre-season what this team was - the 1970's Bucs. May as well have a record like them.

NO NO NO ....

NO!!!!!!!!

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Now YOU can't look me in the eyes and admit that if we win it all in 2019 that you would give two craps if we went 0-16, or 2-14 in 2016.

You don't even need to respond. I already know your answer.

*L* .. if that was a DEAL ... i'd take it in a heartbeat .. let me know where i sign .. I'dl even root for 0 - 16 if a SB victory in 19 was gauranteed ...

I think we both know the flaw in that ASSumption ... cool

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Front Office..continued...

Link Copied to Clipboard