Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Squires
When did winning 1 game become an unreasonable expectation? How many 0-16 seasons before going 0-16 is not ok?

Possible scenario: they (the Front Office) don't want to win this year.

1st String
1st String
Yeah it makes it sound like the front office doesn't want to win!

June Summertime 2024!
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Not buying it...that this front office planned all this so they could tank the season.

So what is the plan for 2017...tank the season again because their are no franchise QBs in the 2017 draft?

Does anyone believe they drafted Kessler at least 2 rounds ahead of where he should have been drafted just to make it look like they planned on drafting the team's backup QB before drafting a franchise QB in 2017 or 2018?

Now Kessler could get better, but I seriously doubt that anyone can fix his head...he himself doesn't have confidence in his own arm strength.

Last edited by mac; 11/09/16 12:58 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I wonder if Haslam lowered ticket prices knowing that there was no chance of winning this season?

If you listen to the audio, fan reaction to the plan was one of the downfalls to Hinkie's plan in Philly and why ownership caved. Like Windy stated, it wasn't accounted for on the "spreadsheet," so to speak.

Did you listen to the audio?

I had not listened to audio before I made that comment, which was intended as something similar to gallows humor.

I just did listen to the audio and it adds to my level of skepticism w/the plan that ownership and the FO have in place. There are so many planted mines that can blow up in their faces.

--Problems w/attendance
--Building a culture of losing
--Too many contracts coming up at one time
--Finger pointing due to public criticism
--Demands by the media and the fan base for firings of coaches
--Losing many fans to apathy
--Players jumping ship as soon as they are able to

I don't think the plan is encouraging at all.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
jc...

If the Harvard Boys passed on potential franchise QBs...passing on Wentz, Prescott and all the other QBs ranked above Prescott, with the idea that Deshaun Watson was going to be the clear cut #1 pick of the 2017 draft...oooppss, the Harvard Boys misjudged QB talent again!

Just did some checking and it appears that Watson is listed as 1st to 3rd round talent and if the Browns took him with their #1 pick, they would be picking not only the 2nd, 3rd, 4th best QB...they would be reaching and wasting the top pick on Watson.

Kizer is ranked as the top QB of the 2017 draft and the word is, HE IS NOT COMING OUT! So, the Harvard Boys tanked the 2016 season to draft a franchise QB and the their top guy, Watson, is based on his performance, is listed as low as low as 3rd round talent...definitely not worthy of the 1st pick of the 2017 draft.

NOW WHAT YOU GONNA DO, HARVARD BOYS?

It seems that the NFL does put a higher value on big, strong armed QBs, like Wentz, like Roethlisberger, like Kizer...and not so much on 6-1, 205lb QBs like Deshaun Watson.

As of now, it appears that the Harvard Boys tanked the season to get the top QB...but that QB is not Watson...and the top QB, Kizer, is not coming out according to many sources.

Got to love this front office...their ability to formulate a plan and judge talent.

It seems that every plan they made in 2016, concerning the QB position, blew up in their Ivy League faces.

Suggestion for the ultra high IQ boys in the front office...if you are faced with a QB talent that fits the mold of a 6-5, 235lb, strong armed QB, who tests 40 on the wonderlic and stays in school to get his degree and maybe even a "masters" degree...TAKE HIM!

Take him, because those type of QBs do not come around often.

For the record, the Harvard Boys were staring at the two best QBs in the 2016 draft...and they passed on both of them.

Sorry, but that does not give me any confidence in our Harvard Boys going forward...in 2017.

I guess the BOYS do a repeat of the 2016 season, tank it too, hoping to draft Kizer in 2018.

Can the Harvard Boys go 0-32?

...just sayn...

V
Legend
Legend
V
mac, I try and defend you...........but man, sometimes you just ask for it. LOL

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
vers...well then, you tell me what the H Boys have planned for the QB position for 2017.

Let's hear it, vers...

V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't know what their plan is and I don't even have an idea on what they should do.

I'm just saying that you don't have to rub it in so much.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 11/09/16 01:14 PM. Reason: wrong their
D
Legend
Legend
D
Bad year to need a QB ... bad bad year ....

V
Legend
Legend
V
I know. It really sucks!

I wonder if SD would ever part ways w/Rivers? Of course, our FO probably wouldn't want him.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
vers...I'm not rubbing anything in...I'm being realistic about the performance of this front office.

The plan going forward in 2017, will be...
...take Deshaun Watson with the #1 pick, bypassing higher ranked defensive talent on the board.

...take Kizer with the #1 pick...if he comes out?

...take best talent available then hope to draft a QB better than Kessler later.

...trade down, out of the top pick, accumulating draft picks for 2018, hoping that the Browns are again the worst team in the NFL so they can draft Kizer with the top pick in 2018.

My advice to the front office...when you are looking at a gift horse in the mouth, you take him!

How long will the Browns search for a franchise QB go on...1 more year, 2 years or longer?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dak got a DUI just before the draft, with what went on with Gordon and Johnny, that pretty much took him off our board.

Wentz looked great when he had 6 seconds to throw the ball but now that he is getting pressured he hasnt been very good.

We have bigger problems than QB. Not taking a QB was the right move for this franchise. Now if you want to get into the guys they did take, then it becomes a different argument. I thought Coleman was a 2nd rounder and I thought Ogbah was a late 2nd rounder maybe a 3rd.

With that said, lets see how these guys play out.

Allowing Schwartz to walk is the big one. Mac wanted to out and to play in Shanny's zone scheme so I dont hold that one against them but RT has been a sore spot and they are responsible for that.

The secondary however wow.

Again, however I did not like this QB at all and I had Dak right up there with Wentz as late first rounders but Goff I didnt care much for. Lynch I would have taken where we took coleman. but he cant get past Simiean.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I know. It really sucks!

I wonder if SD would ever part ways w/Rivers? Of course, our FO probably wouldn't want him.

Rivers is so underrated ... very good QB ...

Wonder if the stadium funding passed in SD ..

If they did decide to get rid of him .. and he agreed to go .. he may just retire ... not sure why he would to come here ...

Were at least 2 years away from being good ...

I see him wanting to go to a place like Denver .. they're ready to win and desperately need a QB ..

Plus the Harvard Boys may not see the value in him ... we'll find out alot more about Moneyball and analytics this off season ...

Hopefully they learned alot last off season or Hue causes waves and gets a bigger say in things ....

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Bad year to need a QB ... bad bad year ....

x2

I'd rather be able to draft Browning honestly

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

Wonder if the stadium funding passed in SD ..

Failed miserably.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Good for them P ... god forbid we show FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY with our tax dollars ... we can't have that ....

I lived in SD .. much better things to do on a Sunday afternoon there anyhow ... I surfed every chance i got ... *L* ..

D
Legend
Legend
D
Oh .. and thanks P ...

I know Rivers loves it there ... wonder what affect this will have on him ...

Does he retire .. move with the team or just say .. i'm moving anyhow may as well go somewhere i can win ...

Although SD is building a decent team ... Bosa is a HUGE difference maker for them ...

Maybe that'll sway him to stay with them ..

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: mac
Originally Posted By: eotab
Quote:
Boy how brave people get AFTER THE FACT.

eo...you talking to me?

If you are, take a look at the dates I posted then talk to me about after the fact!

Read my post...I said that to all who are dissing the think tank for not drafting DAK...is that you...you tell me.

EO..look at the date I posted/gave my opinion on Wentz...

Quote:
Re: Carson Wentz [Re: bonefish] #1065337 - 01/13/16 09:32 AM

EO, that would be JANUARY 13, 2016...long before the draft..long BEFORE THE FACT!

EO...now look at the date I spoke about my impressions of Dak Prescott...

Quote:
Re: Carson Wentz [Re: bonefish] #1079815 - 02/17/16 04:11 PM

EO, that would be FEBRUARY 17, 2016, over 2 months before the draft/BEFORE THE FACT!

EO, to you understand now?...I gave these opinions long BEFORE THE FACT..LONG BEFORE THE DRAFT.

I did not wait until after the draft to give my opinion on the QBs I thought were the best prospects.

BTW, the draft was on APRIL 28-30, 2016...

ANY CHANCE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND NOW, EO?

No I'm a dumb ass who does not read all that you write...lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
jc...

If the Harvard Boys passed on potential franchise QBs...passing on Wentz, Prescott and all the other QBs ranked above Prescott, with the idea that Deshaun Watson was going to be the clear cut #1 pick of the 2017 draft...oooppss, the Harvard Boys misjudged QB talent again!

Just did some checking and it appears that Watson is listed as 1st to 3rd round talent and if the Browns took him with their #1 pick, they would be picking not only the 2nd, 3rd, 4th best QB...they would be reaching and wasting the top pick on Watson.

Kizer is ranked as the top QB of the 2017 draft and the word is, HE IS NOT COMING OUT! So, the Harvard Boys tanked the 2016 season to draft a franchise QB and the their top guy, Watson, is based on his performance, is listed as low as low as 3rd round talent...definitely not worthy of the 1st pick of the 2017 draft.

NOW WHAT YOU GONNA DO, HARVARD BOYS?

It seems that the NFL does put a higher value on big, strong armed QBs, like Wentz, like Roethlisberger, like Kizer...and not so much on 6-1, 205lb QBs like Deshaun Watson.

As of now, it appears that the Harvard Boys tanked the season to get the top QB...but that QB is not Watson...and the top QB, Kizer, is not coming out according to many sources.

Got to love this front office...their ability to formulate a plan and judge talent.

It seems that every plan they made in 2016, concerning the QB position, blew up in their Ivy League faces.

Suggestion for the ultra high IQ boys in the front office...if you are faced with a QB talent that fits the mold of a 6-5, 235lb, strong armed QB, who tests 40 on the wonderlic and stays in school to get his degree and maybe even a "masters" degree...TAKE HIM!

Take him, because those type of QBs do not come around often.

For the record, the Harvard Boys were staring at the two best QBs in the 2016 draft...and they passed on both of them.

Sorry, but that does not give me any confidence in our Harvard Boys going forward...in 2017.

I guess the BOYS do a repeat of the 2016 season, tank it too, hoping to draft Kizer in 2018.

Can the Harvard Boys go 0-32?

...just sayn...

As impossible as it may seem, you have outdone yourself with this post. Unbelievable, mac...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
V
Legend
Legend
V
Rivers is a pipe dream of mine. I was all over it a few years ago when there was a regime change and talk was going on about him maybe leaving.

I recently read something by LT who said SD might be better off trading Rivers because they need so many more pieces.

I'm just wracking my brain about how to address the qb situation. I understand that the FO wouldn't want a guy like him and that there is probably no way in the world he would come here w/the way things are currently constructed.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:
Dak got a DUI just before the draft, with what went on with Gordon and Johnny, that pretty much took him off our board.

mourg...your late to party dawg...I've covered that many times and pointed out that the boys didn't do their homework on Prescott.

Had they bothered to dig like Jerry Jones did, the boys would have found out that Prescott and lawyer chose to take the case to court because he was not guilty...and they were 100% correct, he was found, not guilty.

Obviously Sashi could not find the time to pick up the telephone and give Prescott's lawyer a call, to see what the facts of the case were.

Last edited by mac; 11/09/16 05:19 PM.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:
As impossible as it may seem, you have outdone yourself with this post. Unbelievable, mac...

32...so what should the boys do?

...take Deshaun Watson with the first pick if Kiser stays at N.D.?

...trade out of the pick again this year if Kiser does not come out early?...hoping to get Kizer in 2018?

What should the boys do?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Regardless of position, BPA please.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'll never argue with that one ...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

mourg...your late to party dawg...I've covered that many times and pointed out that the boys didn't do their homework on Prescott.

Had they bothered to dig like Jerry Jones did, the boys would have found out that Prescott and lawyer chose to take the case to court because he was not guilty...and they were 100% correct, he was found, not guilty.

Obviously Sashi could not find the time to pick up the telephone and give Prescott's lawyer a call, to see what the facts of the case were.

That's your version ... you have covered this topic to your satisfaction.... That doesn't prohibit alternate opinions being just as likely to be valid/true/accurate.

As for who to draft - BPA. And if it isn't a QB it isn't a QB, simple as that.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
thanks, I don't want any trading back this time. just BPA will improve this team. Whether that's Garrett or someone else idc.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: dawgpound101

101...OK...as of now, that would be DE, Myles Garrett, imo. Got no problem with that...but..

...to address the QB position, if Kizer is not coming out this year, does the front office tank the 2017 season to get first overall pick of 2018?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

101...OK...as of now, that would be DE, Myles Garrett, imo. Got no problem with that...but..

...to address the QB position, if Kizer is not coming out this year, does the front office tank the 2017 season to get first overall pick of 2018?

Mac I don't believe in just giving up. so, no to the tanking. If it were me I would look at FA's and the up coming draft. if a kid strikes your fancy, take him when the pick is worth it. I mean if the kid by most is a fourth rounder, please don't take him in round two. we can always roll with Cody, RGIII, and another yet to be chosen. and if no QB strikes our fancy then BPA the whole draft and roll with those three next year.

Last edited by dawgpound101; 11/09/16 06:26 PM.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
101...I can agree with BPA with the first pick BUT, at this time, the second requirement for that pick would be to address an area of need, also.

I'm a firm believer that some "common sense" must also be used, rather than an absolute 100% BPA. Filling both requirements, BPA at a position of need is the best way to improve this team.

Example: If the Browns go strictly BPA with their 2nd 1st round pick (around 15-20), and say the next BPA is a WR, no way would I take another WR?

...you must use some freaking common sense too!

The front office must have a balance between addressing the team weaknesses/needs..like DB/Safety and Oline..got have at least a center in this draft.

Another factor to consider, the ability of these guys to even determine where a player should be slotted. Their ability to judge talent is suspect based on the judgements they made this year...passing on Wentz and not do their homework on Dak Prescott, who was never guilty of a dui. Then there is the judgement of taking Cody Kessler in the 3rd round when he was clearly a later round talent.

The good news for the Browns front office, other than WR, we need every position but WR.

BPA with some common sense applied, jmho

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
ok Mac I can roll with BPA with common sense. the first pick should be BPA. if possible I would go DB's and O-line as much as I could...

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
101...I can agree with BPA with the first pick BUT, at this time, the second requirement for that pick would be to address an area of need, also.

I'm a firm believer that some "common sense" must also be used, rather than an absolute 100% BPA. Filling both requirements, BPA at a position of need is the best way to improve this team.

I can't speak for the Browns, but that is one of the reasons why most teams have both a vertical and horizontal board.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
vers you know i respect you. could you plese explain to me the horizonal and vertical board i would love to learn.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: nordawg
vers you know i respect you. could you plese explain to me the horizonal and vertical board i would love to learn.

this a really good read. about draft process and the different types of draft boards.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/3/6/5473554/2014-nfl-draft-scouting-process-big-board

Legend
Legend
Jerry Jones settled for Dak Prescott, he was like his 3rd choice, if not later.

And let's not act like the plan was to start Dak, and they knew all along he'd be playing this well..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Wow you mean a lawyer would openly admit that his client is innocent. OMG !! i have never heard of such a thing. Are you sure? You gotta be making this one up.

3 months after the draft he was found not guilty. Maybe your Harvard boys should have called Miss Cleo to predict the outcome of his trial.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Why are you so sure that Kizer is the target, this year or next (whenever he comes out)?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend
scary and depressing

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
and plus nearly a year ago frown

D
Legend
Legend
D
Or maybe ... just maybe .. they should have done there DUE DILLIGENCE ...

Right away he stood in school for a 5th year to get his masters ... was he an inmature, partying jackass like JFF was ...

No ... u can't just judge someone on one act .. if u do ... YOU END UP MAKING MOR BAD DECISIONS THAN NOT!

Thats just a DUMB ASS way to run any business but especially a sports team ...

If the reason we didn't draft him was because of the DUI ... BAD BAD BUSINESS!!!

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Front Office..continued...

Link Copied to Clipboard