Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: candyman92
One positive, Jamie Collins is a keeper.

Do you really think there is any way he would re-sign with us?
I love the Browns and I wouldn't re-sign with them.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jester

They could tag him.

1st String
1st String
0-16 a new low in cleveland.

Cleveland (0-10) has opened a season with 10 consecutive losses for the first time since joining the NFL in 1950.

The browns all time record 461-461-10. Next week we go below .500 for the first time in our history.

Las Vegas Browns?

Never have hope. You won’t be disappointed.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Diam I get what you're arguing, but what exactly does Cody have to feel good about.....? Even before this game?

Not much ... witch makes what Hue did even WORSE ...

He's a rookie struggling his ass off ... here's how a GOOD COACH handles things starting after last weeks game ...

At the presser ...

- Cody's done some good things this year and did some good things today .... were going to take those good things and build on them .... obviously as a rookie WE have some things to work on ... thats an entirely different message and sets up an entirely different ATTITUDE heading into next week as opposed to CALLING HIM OUT WITH SPECIFICS ....

- then Were stuck with a short week ... so you can only do so much ... i'm going to have one of my minions take al his good throws from the last two weeks and were going to go over and dissect them ... it wouldn't take long as there's not that many ...

Were going to do something positive ...

Then were going to take 3 or 4 bad decisions and go over them and see what we could have done different and WHY we made the decisions and how to IMPROVE THOSE DECISIONS ...

Do the same with 3 or 4 INTERMEDIATE THROWS HE DIDN'T MAKE .... cause that's where we need to go next ...

Then I'm going to let him know .. your my guy for the rest of this year ... lets take it step by step and look for IMPROVEMENT EVERY WEEK ... we have 10 days after this game ... take Friday off and U and I will get back to work on Saturday and go over this game and some more ....

It sets up an entirely different mind set in Cody ... MY COACH believes in me and hes got my back ... instead of ... OUGHT OH ...

And Hue needs to do it .. not his position coach .. not the OC .. HUE NEEDS TO DO IT ...

Hue's job is not to bash this kid over his head cause he's playing to his SKILL SET ... Hue's job at this point is to build the kids confidence and WORK WITH HIM on how to improve ...

HUE CREATED THIS and seems to be making it worse ... after pulling him .. Cody's DONE ... i'm not sure there's anything Hue could say at this point ... He has no credibility with Cody at this point ..

He threw a 22 or 23 year old 3rd round draft pick ROOKIE UNDER THE BUS ... u just don't do that ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
I don't know... The Browns are the only team to have 5 starting QB's this season.... Injuries at the QB have been a burden..

What else is there to do ? We pick up Whitehurst and he gets hurt...

Like or dislike Hue... What options are out there ?... I wanted to see Kessler over McCown... Kessler was Drafted to be a Browns QB...so lets see what we have.

The Offense put up points...the Defense allowed points..it's a throw away season...

There are some well established HC's with winning records in the past...with established vets.. that are on the hot seat this season..

Losing is pissing everyone off... The reality of this season wasn't a playoff birth...

Hell Goff is still sitting on the Pine in LA... If you were a Rams fan...wouldn't you want to get a look at your #1 Rookie ?

Can't say i disagree with anything u say .. u were rambling and all over the place ... kinda like a punch drunk boxer .. one square shot to the jaw for each loss ... *L* ...

Rough year .. taking its toll on everyone ... especially Hue ... u see his body language tonight from the opening kick off .. he started shaking his head in disgust right out of the gate ... did u see his face when they panned over to him when he was calling plays? .. he looked miserable ...

His entire sideline demeanor has changed .. and this is not a slam .. its not right, the players see and feel it .. and he's the leader, he has to be better than that ... but i get it .. this is brutal and its OBVIOUSLY taking a toll on him ...

His hands were tied having to play Cody .. NOTHING HE COULD DO ABOUT THAT ...

But how he's handled it PUBLICLY starting with the presser after last weeks game has been HORRIBLE ... not sure he could have done worse ...

And i'm not calling for his head ... but IMO he's been EXTREMELY UNDERWHELMING in more than one area ... and this is the BIGGEST ONE so far IMO .. and he's made 3 or 4 other pretty damm big mistakes ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Jester

They could tag him.

Good point.
I forgot all about that option

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Season one game 10. Nothing more nothing less. This was always going to be a rebuilding season. If everything had gone perfectly we might MIGHT have won 3 or 4 games. Instead, we lose our one hope at QB in the first game. Then lose our backup in the second. Of course, we're going to be really really bad.

I like this staff. I think Coach Jackson can get the job done if given enough time to do so. We are in complete rebuild mode. This isn't surprising. WE have a ton of first and second-year guys trying to learn two complicated systems. Many coaches and front offices lose terribly their first year when they are in full boogie rebuild mode. Losing is factored in. Now we will have the first pick in the draft in each and every round. IF you make the right choices and I grant that with the Browns that is a BIG BIG IF, you can get really healthy in a short time. I think this coaching staff is made up of teachers and I know that is what we need if we are building through the draft. There are a lot of if's. However, it is way too early to jump ship. I like some of the guys we drafted this year, and we have a lot of high picks next draft. Stay the course, give this staff some players and THEN see what they can do. To me 0-16 isn't a bad thing, it's a necessary thing. Give us lots of options. That first pick in the second round is golden now that the format has changed. A lot of teams want to trade up to take someone there. What this team needs is talent and time. Not new staff.

Last edited by Spiritbro77; 11/11/16 03:12 AM.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Legend
Legend
We can tag either Pryor or Collins.

One of them gets a huge get out of jail card.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

I think Pryor likes it here. I say we give him millions of reasons to stay. As long as Collins attitude is cool with staying and not a distraction... I'd pony up and give him millions of reasons to stay as well. He already makes this D better and he doesn't even KNOW the D yet. I just don't know what his personality is. As long as he gets along with the guys and coaches I say throw money at him.

If Collins does leave I think we receive a compensatory pick that won't be too different from the one we gave up... so we aren't out a lot.

Last edited by Spiritbro77; 11/11/16 03:22 AM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pryor is our best player. Imagine how good he will be once he learns the position better..... Has more experience. That's why this season doesn't bum me out too much. All those reps for all those young players are gold later on. Pryor is gaining valuable experience every week. Now that he is back, so is Coleman. They are going to be a really good pair of WR's in the coming years. I'd sign him long term the minute it was legal to do so...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We definitely have the available money.
We need to get one guy signed ASAP
Then focus on the other.
I'd like to have both signed before the season ends

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77

I think Pryor likes it here. I say we give him millions of reasons to stay. As long as Collins attitude is cool with staying and not a distraction... I'd pony up and give him millions of reasons to stay as well. He already makes this D better and he doesn't even KNOW the D yet. I just don't know what his personality is. As long as he gets along with the guys and coaches I say throw money at him.

If Collins does leave I think we receive a compensatory pick that won't be too different from the one we gave up... so we aren't out a lot.

There is no guarantee Pryor stays, especially if the team decides to make it's 50th change at head coach. He likes Hue, and if we fire him, I see little way Pryor stays. (voluntarily, anyway)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77

There is no guarantee Pryor stays, especially if the team decides to make it's 50th change at head coach. He likes Hue, and if we fire him, I see little way Pryor stays. (voluntarily, anyway)

Why the hell would we fire him in year one of a rebuild. Losing is expected. Especially as bad as our talent level is. It is actually fortuitous we are this bad. The Niners have only won one game. If Dunderhead Jimmy fires Jackson he deserves to lose perpetually.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Should have stuck with Kessler. At least we would look like we intentionally tanked.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
tag collins and sign pryor. they're the only two legit players we have.

Kirksey and shelton have improved ... and that's it

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
That was such a horrible display of football.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
has nassib done anything since like week 6

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Quote:
funny at the start of the year there was those predicting a wild card spot for the Browns
now they disappear

Who did that? In that poll, I don't think there was a single prediction over .500.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
Haden on a punt return. I think a clear indication he is on the trade block headed in to next season. Trying to increase his value.

Hue is feeling the pressure. Now he is making desperate decisions as he did when he pulled Kessler. We'll see how that decision impacts Kessler headed forward.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
We're going QB 1st overall.

We have no choice.

HELL NO.

There are other ways to build a team. Don't keep tossing rookie QBs into this mess.

This.

Reaching for a QB at #1, just for the sake of taking a QB #1, will set you further back than taking the BPA instead of the QB. We need a QB, but we can't panic during the draft.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

RG3! RG3! RG3!

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
--We took a TO on the first play of the game because we had too many men on the field.

--We have two guys trying to field a punt after the first defensive stop.

--We take another TO shortly afterwards.

And that is just the beginning.

Some other thoughts:

--I ain't getting all this "feel sorry for Kessler" stuff. I am not geting the love for him, either. He's a backup qb.

--Collins made some plays.

--Kindred is even worse than I thought he was. He can't cover his shadow and he whiffs on tackles far too often.

--Is Cam Erving the dumbest guy in the league? How does he not see 300+ guys running right by him?

--I saw the Browns use all types of coverages last night, including Cover 6 and Man Press. It's not the schemes, fellas.

--I see our coaching staff taking a lot of heat, but no one is questioning the sanity of the plan that was put in place by Haslam and the FO. That is beyond belief. How is this plan going to work? Will the coaches survive two straight years of hardly winning any games? Will players want to re-sign w/a team that can't win and changes direction every couple of years? Will we ever attract free agents w/the current state of affairs? Will another good coach want to come here if we fire Hue? Will there be any player loyalty knowing what the Brown's FO did to guys like Dansby, Gipson, Swartz, Whit, Kruger, Mack, Benji? Can a team develop a culture of losing and then suddenly just know how to win?

--I don't know if it is possible or not, but for the last few weeks, I watch the Browns and think that Haslam wants to move the team to Tennessee.

Legend
Legend
It feels like we're the 76ers. We fabricated a team with the intention of being incredibly terrible for two to three years before building it back up the "right way". Problem is, when the 76ers did that, they created a new low watermark for NBA play. The consistent losing, the way they lost, the lack of professional talent, having no reason to try hard or watch and having little faith in the future could make the plan backfire. Meaning, you're never getting out of the hole now because it's too deep.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
I mentioned it in the GDT. Jimmy wants this team to suck to decrease fan support. He'll then have a reason to move the team and get more $$$$.

Don't think he can do that. I believe there is a lease with plenty of years left on it. I seem to remember it was a 30 year lease and we have about about 13 or so years left. So ultimately, that may be his plan, but it's a long way off.

Besides, I'm not sure that the losses have decreased fan support to any great degree. I'm still a big supporter and by the look of it, lots of others are as well.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
6-10

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
R
Rishuz Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Hue absolutely made the right decision to bench Kessler. Was anyone watching the receivers reaction after plays? They were like "pass the ball dipwad".

He gave Jackson no choice. Kessler isn't playing because of Kessler and no one else.

I don't understand how u can be so upset loss after loss ... your like a 2 year old after every game ...

THIS is PRICELES...*L*...

U AND mac are MY FAVRITE parts of THIS board...*L*...4 the comedic VALUE u PREVIDE..*L*...

I LOVE reading ur guys posts...4 the LOUGHS they PRAVIDE...*LOL...*L*...

DUDE...ur KNOWLADGE of FOTBALL is Off tha CHARTS...*LOL*...

I'LL cite some SPACIFIC examples ...WAIT, I won't...insted I'LL lat u FEGURE it out...DUDE...*BOOM*...*LOL*...*L*...

STATS ARE 4 LAZERS...DUDE..*BOOM*...*L*...

WITCHEVER way u GO, I will FALLOW...u THA man...*L*

I THINK this respense wus MORE 6 yeer OLD...so 2 MAYBE a LITLE low...DUDE...*L*...*LOL*...

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
V
Legend
Legend
V
Nice communication between Drango and Erving.

R
Rishuz Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
R
How can they not get that right?

Erving basically blocked nobody.

Isn't that football 101?

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Legend
Legend
How can they not get that right?

Erving basically blocked nobody.

Isn't that football 101?

And Drango looks like he was passing him off so he could block.... nobody.

yebat' Putin
R
Rishuz Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
R
True.

Legend
Legend
drango looks like he reacted 2 seconds later ... like his body was paralyzed LOL. trash

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

Erving had the stand up LB who ended up going into the right flat, but he had little choice but to acknowledge his initial feint towards the QB. If he hadn't, McCown would have taken it on the chin just as fast from the man he had to account for (the Mike call?). Sometimes the guy (Drango) just has to block the guy lined up overtop of him. You can't give up the inside at G anymore than you can at tackle. In Erving's shoes, Would you expect a guy to need more help with Jernigan/Williams or Za'Darius Smith?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Drango clearly whiffed his block...

It looks as if he thought he had help inside, but if let's guy go, he has "no one" to block..so why let him go?

I don't know what line call was, so it's difficult to blame Erving.

I do know this, the Ravens know that Erving is a bit slow processing information and they are attacking him "constantly".

Drango's feet look like they are planted in cement.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
not a good indictment on either/both of them with that play. Erving simply is not a starting OL ... teams literally gameplan to exploit him

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
drango looks like he reacted 2 seconds later ... like his body was paralyzed LOL. trash

Maybe he was doing the Mannequin Challenge?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think Hue is spending too much time trying new things rather than getting good at a few things.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Maybe he was doing the Mannequin Challenge?
rofl

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Hue absolutely made the right decision to bench Kessler. Was anyone watching the receivers reaction after plays? They were like "pass the ball dipwad".

He gave Jackson no choice. Kessler isn't playing because of Kessler and no one else.

I don't understand how u can be so upset loss after loss ... your like a 2 year old after every game ...

THIS is PRICELES...*L*...

U AND mac are MY FAVRITE parts of THIS board...*L*...4 the comedic VALUE u PREVIDE..*L*...

I LOVE reading ur guys posts...4 the LOUGHS they PRAVIDE...*LOL...*L*...

DUDE...ur KNOWLADGE of FOTBALL is Off tha CHARTS...*LOL*...

I'LL cite some SPACIFIC examples ...WAIT, I won't...insted I'LL lat u FEGURE it out...DUDE...*BOOM*...*LOL*...*L*...

STATS ARE 4 LAZERS...DUDE..*BOOM*...*L*...

WITCHEVER way u GO, I will FALLOW...u THA man...*L*

I THINK this respense wus MORE 6 yeer OLD...so 2 MAYBE a LITLE low...DUDE...*L*...*LOL*...

*LOL* ... that was your best post ever ... made me laugh ... Thanks man ....

V
Legend
Legend
V
Glad you laughed. I thought it was hilarious, but didn't want to be disrespectful. LOL

R
Rishuz Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
R
I gotta admit it was pretty good. Not my best work...a little rushed...but not too bad.

I like that you took that in stride.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 7 Ravens 28 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard