Next Thread
Print Thread
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Adam Jones compares Terrelle Pryor to garbage can

By Conor Orr

Bengals cornerback Adam Jones didn't want to talk about anything but Browns receiver Terrelle Pryor after a 23-10 win over Cleveland on Sunday.

He also didn't want to say anything nice, either...

Like a good public speaker, he used visual cues. Jones shook a plastic garbage can near his looker to indicate that Pryor was "garbage." He looked inside the bin and wondered aloud: "Hey, you in there?"

"You in there?"

Pryor, who caught one pass for three yards on Sunday, apparently kick-started this feud when he told Bengals defensive coordinator Paul Guenther that his play in the rivalry would eventually lead to Jones getting cut. It's unclear exactly what he showed to warrant that, given that he had two catches for 18 yards in their previous matchup.

"He told my coordinator that he's going to cut me after the game," Jones said, via ESPN.com. "For a guy that's been a slouch around the league at quarterback, played decent this year for his first year at wide receiver. I'm saying all this facade, all the fake hard [stuff] that he plays out on the field. That ain't Terrelle. I checked his background. He's a suburbs kid from Pittsburgh.

"Terrelle Pryor was right there the whole game," he continued, "right there in the garbage can. Next question."

While we welcome a good wide receiver cornerback rivalry in the division outside of Jones and Antonio Brown, I'm not sure this is it. The Browns (0-13) are a long way from picking fights with anyone, though the spat does put Pryor's offseason on everyone's radar. Assuming he's coveted by some other teams on the open market (the former quarterback has 63 catches for 858 yards and four touchdowns this year) he may end up pricing himself out of Cleveland's market. If he chooses to stay, he's gotta find a way out of Jones' garbage can.

Legend
Legend
You know he means it when he called out where Pryor is from. This brings back memories of playing in high school lmao

Last edited by Swish; 12/12/16 04:38 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Legend
Legend
R
Pryor must be a real hot head. No one seems to like him.

I hope that doesn't preclude the Browns from signing him. I sincerely believe Pryor wants to win. I wish most of the other guys would show as much passion.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
The Browns top receiver, Pryor was targeted 3 times..1 catch.

Cory Coleman was targeted 11 times..3 catches.

How does that happen?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
The same reason why a QB can throw 4-6 interceptions in one game.

Stuff happens.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
So Pryor is having an unbelievable season (given where he started from and his situation) ... RG3 returns and Pryor gets 1 catch for 3 yards??

What's the variable here?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Undeniably, Pryor is an insane athlete, but the guy talks too damn much. Just go out and play football and shut up.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Pryor texted the Bengals DC that he was going to cut Pacman after the game?

No doubt Pryor talks way too much. But I'm going to need to see some receipts. This sounds like some BS a coach would say to get into his player's head.

O
Legend
Legend
O
That makes sense. Cinci was probably worried this was going to be a trap game. The coach prepared their players as such.

As for Pryor, even if it's true and he's running his mouth; I'm glad. We need some attitude and some edge. While my distaste for antics like what Pryor allegedy did is just as high as the next guy, I dislike watching my football team stick their tail between there legs from early November until the beginning of next season's training camp even more.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Jones is a classless turd,period

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Has Pryor seen how big Pacman Jones is? Couldn't Pryor have just trucked\run him over technically? I mean Jones is practically a midget compared to Pryor.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I don't think RG3 saw Pryor. You're completely right about Pacman though. Coleman hit him with a nasty stiff arm.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

As for Pryor, even if it's true and he's running his mouth; I'm glad. We need some attitude and some edge. While my distaste for antics like what Pryor allegedy did is just as high as the next guy, I dislike watching my football team stick their tail between there legs from early November until the beginning of next season's training camp even more.

Agree with that. We need guys with more attitude. Although I wish he wouldn't run his yap at coaches and teammates, he has a fire we don't see enough of with the Browns.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

As for Pryor, even if it's true and he's running his mouth; I'm glad. We need some attitude and some edge.

Looks like Hue is raining on the parade....

Browns coach Hue Jackson wants Terrelle Pryor to stop trash-talking opponents
By Nick Schwartz
Dec 12, 2016 at 6:34p ET

"I don't think (that has) any place in the National Football League, especially on our team," Jackson said. "We're going to try to get all those things quieted down. We just going to play football, be the best football players we can be. Let's get away from all of that.

.... There's a type of team we want to be and we're gonna be. We'll get these things, these antics or however you guys want to look at them, slowed down. Because we want to do this thing right."

Article

Legend
Legend
It seems to me that Pryor was doubled quite a bit during the game. It's not like Jones single covered him and shut him down. He had a lot of help.

RG3 was also incredibly inaccurate in this game.

I do hope that Pryor will shut up though. Let others brag about you. It means a whole lot more when an opponent brags you up.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Has he said something crazy outside of his pressers?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Browns coach Hue Jackson wants Terrelle Pryor to stop trash-talking opponents

Pryor talks too much. And talking when you haven't won a game is ridiculous.

I also don't like that he "goes off" on a coach or teammate every freaking game. He's like a spoiled child.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
id rather see pryor at qb than see rg6 again. i mean he should of had some sort of ability to hit a reciever.

those hail mary passes are what he is good at?

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
Legend
Legend
THIS guy is talking trash about ANYBODY

Pacman Jones ordered to pay $11.7M in Vegas shooting

Lets condense a few of his um "Flare ups together here"
http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=3819275

More Troubles
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...59481--nfl.html

and again even more troubles
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/201...o-nfl/23262769/

Trust me I would be more upset or worried if that POS Pacman liked Pryor.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Terelle Pryor is a cancer, and the Browns would be smart to move on from him after the season is over. Even if he is right, blaming your teammates and pointing fingers is never good for the team.

Pryor doesn't have half the talent Josh Gordon has(If only Gordon could lay off the dope)....we can get a receiver of comparable talent to Pryor in the 2nd and 3rd rds of the draft if we pick properly.

Pryor isn't worth half the money he is asking for...800 yards isn't poo..Kevin Johnson caught almost 1,000 yards his rookie year, and over 1,000 yards in his 3rd year, and Johnson was more talented then Pryor and we didn't overpay....

The only receiver the Browns have right now worth a contract is Gordon. IF and its a big IF Gordon an get his life together and rehab is successful for him.

Gordon has Megatron type of talent and you can build an offense around a guy like that...IF he can get a handle on his affairs...

I would evaluate Gordon's progress this off season and make a judgement call from there....

Pryor is just a "guy" and there are plenty of "guys"....

Last edited by Knight_Of_Brown; 12/13/16 12:11 PM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: mac
The Browns top receiver, Pryor was targeted 3 times..1 catch.

Cory Coleman was targeted 11 times..3 catches.

How does that happen?

Pryor received double coverage a lot opening up more opportunities for Coleman...???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Pryor is a really good receiver but unfortunately he is also most likely an egomaniac and narcissist (think Donald Trump/Kanye West). Everybody remembers Kellen Winslow Jr., yes? .... Same type of personalty. Talented, big mouth, in love with themselves.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I know exactly who he is...I also don't like him calling out the OL in the middle of a game cause he was open and the QB gets sacked. Right now he is our biggest threat, I'm struggling whether to keep him or let him go.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
I hear ya eotab. And it's next to impossible to make that type of personality keep their mouth shut and just play.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Has he said something crazy outside of his pressers?

From what I understand. he talks a lot on the field, in addition to comments made in the press. Hue has said that he wants him to knock it off.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
i do not recall Pryor running his yap off when he was desperate for a job and the Bengals\Patriots both cut him.
now that he's found a starting role on the worst franchise in the NFL
he thinks he can run his mouth vs opposing CBs who BTW who's fball resumes are better than Pryors.
he needs to shut up and appreciate he still has a job in the NFL.
this franchise doesnt need him to move foward.
He's been with 4 different teams for a reason

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
THIS guy is talking trash about ANYBODY

Pacman Jones ordered to pay $11.7M in Vegas shooting

Lets condense a few of his um "Flare ups together here"
http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=3819275

More Troubles
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...59481--nfl.html

and again even more troubles
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/201...o-nfl/23262769/

Trust me I would be more upset or worried if that POS Pacman liked Pryor.

Also, while suspended from the NFL, shortly after the incident that caused someone to be paralyzed, Jones was seen on a Pro Wrestling show wearing a neck brace as part of the story line..

It did not go over very well.

He's a great guy. His opinion of others is very legitimate...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He's still a number three on most teams. No way I overpay him.

He seems to be working towards turning the Browns off right now. Offer him what he's worth and if he moves on so be it.

There are no prima donas on a 0-16 team...

Legend
Legend
Franchise tag belongs to Collins... If pryor doesn't want to stay, then I'm okay with him leaving.

We still have Josh Gordon.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
He's still a number three on most teams. No way I overpay him.

He seems to be working towards turning the Browns off right now. Offer him what he's worth and if he moves on so be it.

There are no prima donas on a 0-16 team...

Pryor is still learning to play WR, and he has played on a team that has played 6 different players, including himself, at QB.

This team lacks talent and experience. We will not get better by dumping our best players, especially when we have plenty of cap room and cash to sign them. Give Pryor a 4 year, $40 million deal, and if he regresses, then dump him later. It wouldn't hurt this team one bit to do this.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Pryor Doesn't come across as a team first guy, never has, even in college, if it comes down to keeping him or Collins, I keep Collins as he a better player and already established being a great player.. Pryor being the best receiver on this team is like being the skinniest kid at fat camp, its not that impressive..He has great physical tools, but he still has quite a bit to learn before he can talk smack, not to mention he should never be doing it so demonstratively towards his own teammates, I'd guessing he's not well liked on the team if he does this consistently

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: eotab
I know exactly who he is...I also don't like him calling out the OL in the middle of a game cause he was open and the QB gets sacked. Right now he is our biggest threat, I'm struggling whether to keep him or let him go.

jmho

Let him go? Are you kidding me? That would be a huge mistake and just another dumb move that the front office could do. You're essentially getting rid of bonafide talent that you CURRENTLY POSSESS. Unless you feel that Pryor is easily replaceable, which I don't thin he is. You've watched football for well too long to know the answer to that.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U
Undeniably, Pryor is an insane athlete, but the guy talks too damn much. Just go out and play football and shut up.

Yep, Pryor needs to shut up, at least until the team starts winning and he has something to talk about.

yebat' Putin
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Originally Posted By: eotab

jmho

Let him go? Are you kidding me? That would be a huge mistake and just another dumb move that the front office could do. You're essentially getting rid of bonafide talent that you CURRENTLY POSSESS. Unless you feel that Pryor is easily replaceable, which I don't thin he is. You've watched football for well too long to know the answer to that.

If he is a cancer which I don't know for sure...It would be a struggle to keep that talent which you described or let him go if it effects the entire team.

All I'm saying need to get the facts.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
Sounds like he mastered the part of the transition from QB to WR where you have to learn to be an obnoxious diva.

I get that he wants to win, that he's frustrated with losing, that he thinks he could help more if he got the ball more, etc.. I get all of that, he just needs to temper it a little..

yebat' Putin
E
Legend
Legend
E
From all that I have heard from Hue is that he is wowed by Pryor so I really don't think he is going anywhere but in the same breath he has come down a bit on Pryor for the pre game or post game smack...he doesn't want that. Which is where I'm like OH OH I hope he's not becoming a Cancer...which I doubt but the thought popped up.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Resigning Pryor is a must for this front office.

As a player who just completed the transition from QB to WR...and who is still being molded into the type of player Hue wants him to be..he must be resigned...

...or tagged.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 10 Bengals 23 Adam Jones compares Terrelle Pryor to garbage can

Link Copied to Clipboard