Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
V
Legend
Legend
V
Who do you want to hire as HC? Who could have done better w/this talent?

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: bleednbrown
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Didn't the NFL prohibit picks for coaches? Seems like someone traded their #1 for a coach and the NFL came out and said no more after that one?

Quote:
Some of you, far less politely, have insisted that the NFL has changed the rules to prohibit trades of head coaches.

The league office has confirmed that trades can indeed be made of head coaches.

“Except for head coaches and high-level club employees (club presidents, general managers, and persons with equivalent responsibility and authority), clubs are not permitted to exchange draft choices or cash for the release of individuals who are under contract to another organization,” the league’s anti-tampering policy states.

When coaches are traded, it doesn’t happen the same way players are traded. Typically the coach’s contract doesn’t get shipped to a new team. Instead, the two teams agree on compensation (draft picks and/or cash) that would be exchanged if the new team works out a contract with the coach. If that happens, the current team releases the coach in exchange for the compensation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/02/teams-can-still-trade-for-head-coaches/

Ok, Thank You for that. So, which is it? They say they can trade coaches and then say except Head Coaches and high level people? Maybe a HC who has GM duties?

The phrasing is weird. Only head coaches and high-level club employees can be traded.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Why would anyone interview Kyle Shanihan? I mean he sucks, right? lol

I don't want to interview him, I just want to give the guy a cheeseburger. Dude needs to eat something with some fat in it.

#GMSTRONG
K
Rookie
Rookie
K
My opinion on who I wanted will be unpopular probably but I wantes either the literal genius rocket scientist Matt Patricia for HC or Josh McDaniels for HC with Scott Pioli as Team President and Nick Caserio as GM. We don't always get what we want.

Who could have done better and won? Plenty of coaches and assistants in the NFL. I don't disagree that the roster is historically bad, no doubt! But a good coach still finds a way to win. Hue Jackson finds a way to break down crying on TV in press conferences, finds ways to hand his headset to his OC and quit during the 4th quarter of games. He gave up during that first Bengals game. The guy comes from that loser team with their losers mentality.

But more than just that, Hue Jacksons playcalling is horrible. Definitely some of the worst in the NFL and definitely the worst in Browns history. His coaching uo of players is nonexistent. He really is a poor mans Marvin Lewis. Let me explain...

One of the biggest issues with Lewis and almost everyone underneath his "system" that has gotten promoted is Lewis can't coach anyone UP. You either have to hand him ready made elite talent or he can't make them better. Hence why he produces squads with a handful of elite players but the rest of the rosters never take that step up to help the elite and win anything. Hue Jackson is the same way.

Despite the talent being bad the entire team spent the entire season playing fast, loose and undisciplined. Nobody took a step towards playing disciplined, limited mistake football. There is only so much of that you can blame on lack of talent before you have to say it is a talent AND coaching issue.

What's more he kind of set precedent for that kind of play when he said he doesn't mind if players like Collins freelance and do whatever they want. Bad coaches say that. Championship coaches nip it in the bud right off the bat or they trade those kinds of players to bottom feeder teams for conditional 3rd rounders.

Hue Jackson is not the coach to right this ship my friend.

Last edited by King Of Kings; 01/06/17 06:59 AM. Reason: Fix spelling errors
Legend
Legend
Disagree with almost everything you said.

-Josh McDaniels is so overrated. Dude got fired from the Broncos after the team fell apart and ran to a safety net in going to the Patriots. Players wouldnt play for him like they do Hue.

-Worst playcalling in the NFL? in Browns history? Were you not watching when we had Pat Shurmur? Even worse, Maurice Carthon?

-Bad coaches say that freelancing is okay? Some of the best players in league history free lanced. Troy P. being the first to come to mind.

-In regards to not being able to coach up players. I'm lost for words. Too early to tell on the youngest team the Browns have ever fielded in I dont know how long.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
-Worst playcalling in the NFL? in Browns history? Were you not watching when we had Pat Shurmur? Even worse, Maurice Carthon?

I agree with what you say, Turk, but wanted to stress this point. I think the playcalling for Kessler wasn't just "not bad" but pretty good. The playcalling fell into what abilities Kessler had, and hid the abilities he does not.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
" and hid the abilities he does not "

My question has always been based on the above .. Why Hue/FO drafted the kid in the THIRD was beyond me at the time .. Then Hue said something like " trust me on this " ..

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Then Hue said something like " trust me on this " ..

I don't remember when it was, but Jackson eventually "corrected" this statement saying the "trust me" comment was about the whole team, not just Kessler.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You know, you've been a regular bundle of joy to read lately.
You having a hard time in something? Having trouble?

Oh heck no! I'm actually doing very well. I'm just at the point if I didn't laugh about things I might cry. Just because I'm pointing out how NFL teams are interviewing a guy for HC that most Browns fans want to trash to stick up for our FO, I find amusing at least and hilarious at most.

Lighten up butter cup! lol

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V

-Josh McDaniels is so overrated. Dude got fired from the Broncos after the team fell apart and ran to a safety net in going to the Patriots. Players wouldnt play for him like they do Hue.

-Bad coaches say that freelancing is okay? Some of the best players in league history free lanced. Troy P. being the first to come to mind.

-In regards to not being able to coach up players. I'm lost for words. Too early to tell on the youngest team the Browns have ever fielded in I dont know how long.

Where are the board police? You know, the same guys who jump down people's throats if they dare question the FO.

This guy just trashes Hue and not one single peep? No statements of it's just his first year. That he can learn. That it wasn't all his fault.

LOL................freaking hypocrites.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Quote:
#Browns may have more of a staff shakeup than imagined: AHC-Offense Pep Hamilton is weighing a departure to join #Michigan & Jim Harbaugh.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/817722353404833793

Quote:
If #Browns de facto OC Pep Hamilton leaves for #Michigan, it won't be a firing. Cleveland wants him to stay. He likes being a college coach

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/817724714571464705

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Where are the board police? You know, the same guys who jump down people's throats if they dare question the FO.

This guy just trashes Hue and not one single peep? No statements of it's just his first year. That he can learn. That it wasn't all his fault.

What are you talking about? The guy disagrees, so what? Jesus Christ....get a freakin' grip.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I don't want this to happen simply because I don't want OSU losing to Michigan

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

What are you talking about? The guy disagrees, so what? Jesus Christ....get a freakin' grip.

Apologies to Turk. I clicked on the wrong poster. I was talking about King's post, but you probably knew that.

Here is King's post:

Quote:
My opinion on who I wanted will be unpopular probably but I wantes either the literal genius rocket scientist Matt Patricia for HC or Josh McDaniels for HC with Scott Pioli as Team President and Nick Caserio as GM. We don't always get what we want.

Who could have done better and won? Plenty of coaches and assistants in the NFL. I don't disagree that the roster is historically bad, no doubt! But a good coach still finds a way to win. Hue Jackson finds a way to break down crying on TV in press conferences, finds ways to hand his headset to his OC and quit during the 4th quarter of games. He gave up during that first Bengals game. The guy comes from that loser team with their losers mentality.

But more than just that, Hue Jacksons playcalling is horrible. Definitely some of the worst in the NFL and definitely the worst in Browns history. His coaching uo of players is nonexistent. He really is a poor mans Marvin Lewis. Let me explain...

One of the biggest issues with Lewis and almost everyone underneath his "system" that has gotten promoted is Lewis can't coach anyone UP. You either have to hand him ready made elite talent or he can't make them better. Hence why he produces squads with a handful of elite players but the rest of the rosters never take that step up to help the elite and win anything. Hue Jackson is the same way.

Despite the talent being bad the entire team spent the entire season playing fast, loose and undisciplined. Nobody took a step towards playing disciplined, limited mistake football. There is only so much of that you can blame on lack of talent before you have to say it is a talent AND coaching issue.

What's more he kind of set precedent for that kind of play when he said he doesn't mind if players like Collins freelance and do whatever they want. Bad coaches say that. Championship coaches nip it in the bud right off the bat or they trade those kinds of players to bottom feeder teams for conditional 3rd rounders.

Hue Jackson is not the coach to right this ship my friend.

Legend
Legend
I figured vers clicked on the wrong post.

in regards to possibly losing Pep, I hope he stays. Seems like he and Hue have a pretty good relationship.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Some people don't have time to read everyone's post. That is my case maybe others - yeah a lot here all the time but they might skip posts.

You sometimes are a little punch drunk as you have been hit a lot of times. You do get in a lot of board fights.

But the paranoia is there. I for one read just about all your posts OF FOOTBALL...not the tit for tat arguments you get into. So I might see something I disagree and post a discussion on it. What you might perceive of Hypocrite might not be that - Its just when you are not posting in an argumentive fashion most people on this board read your posts.

just saying.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #1217950 01/07/17 11:00 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
tab, I guess my point is that people are okay w/the notion that Hue is a trash coach?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Vers. I treat Kings the same way I do Mac, NEXT. I don't read Hate Mail. The only reason they post is to sow discord, and I won't have anything to do with that.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
E
Legend
Legend
E
I'm not going to argue with Nonsense cause I will end up insulting people. Hue is the first #1 HC heading into the off season that we picked up. All and I mean All its been sloppy seconds, thirds etc. in our hiring except possibly Holmgrens/Heckerts decision to hire a puppet.

Outside of our record...I really liked the job he had done and almost to a man/analyst they have agreed. We finally got our guy!

jmho

Last edited by eotab; 01/07/17 11:16 AM.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
tab, I guess my point is that people are okay w/the notion that Hue is a trash coach?

Dude I'm with you on keeping Huey around. For multiple years.

One HUGE reason is he did NOT lose the team at all late season with the losses piling up. Guys love playing for him. That's huge and not losing the team had to be hard as hell to do.

That'll help bring quality free agents to this team. And it won't be because we over pay. I HATE when you say that. EVERYONE over pays for top free agents. The market and salary cap dictates it and allows it.

eotab #1218000 01/07/17 12:28 PM
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: eotab
I'm not going to argue with Nonsense cause I will end up insulting people. Hue is the first #1 HC heading into the off season that we picked up. All and I mean All its been sloppy seconds, thirds etc. in our hiring except possibly Holmgrens/Heckerts decision to hire a puppet.

Outside of our record...I really liked the job he had done and almost to a man/analyst they have agreed. We finally got our guy!

jmho

Exactly Eo. Now maybe we can get a top DC for once.

Wade Phillips. I'll buy your wife anything she wants if you come join Huey. ANYTHING.

K
Rookie
Rookie
K

- So I guess Belichek "ran to a safety net" as well after the Browns fired him and Parcells rehired him? Please. The guy is at the top of the list everywhere because he is THAT good. Elway has another ring from the foundation McDaniels set in Denver.

- It is laughable attempting to put Hie Jackson as better than Pat Shurmer at anything and that's from a Shirmer hater.

- You named the most overrated player in NFL history and made excuses for Hue "I am coo' wit Collins freelancing" Jackson.

- More excuses. Fact is good and great coaches can AND HAVE taken young youtj filled rosters and had them.playing disciplined football. That, in fact, is the cornerstone of their turnaround. It is also the polar opposite of a Jackson coached team.

* For those wanting to keep Jackson.... Earlier in the year he brought scumbag Art Briles into Berea, now he just hired ANOTHER scumbag loser in Gregg Williams. THAT is what you want the team named after the GREAT Paul Brown associated with? Cheating losers that paid to have players careers ended with cheapshots?

eotab #1218374 01/08/17 10:18 AM
K
Rookie
Rookie
K
Originally Posted By: eotab

jmho

How is someone fired as a HC after one season and fired from multiple other positions on NFL teams a #1 and NOT the definition of retread?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: King Of Kings

- So I guess Belichek "ran to a safety net" as well after the Browns fired him and Parcells rehired him? Please. The guy is at the top of the list everywhere because he is THAT good. Elway has another ring from the foundation McDaniels set in Denver.

- It is laughable attempting to put Hie Jackson as better than Pat Shurmer at anything and that's from a Shirmer hater.

- You named the most overrated player in NFL history and made excuses for Hue "I am coo' wit Collins freelancing" Jackson.

- More excuses. Fact is good and great coaches can AND HAVE taken young youtj filled rosters and had them.playing disciplined football. That, in fact, is the cornerstone of their turnaround. It is also the polar opposite of a Jackson coached team.

* For those wanting to keep Jackson.... Earlier in the year he brought scumbag Art Briles into Berea, now he just hired ANOTHER scumbag loser in Gregg Williams. THAT is what you want the team named after the GREAT Paul Brown associated with? Cheating losers that paid to have players careers ended with cheapshots?

-When McDaniels gets another shot, we'll see how he does. Then we'll revisit the topic. My bet is that whichever team he goes to, they won't be successful.

-Pat shurmur vs. Hue Jackson, I'm picking Hue every single time. Shurmur aka Mr We Battled can't motivate squat. He doesn't even look confident in himself, let alone sound confident. Our players work hard for Hue, and played hard through the entire season even though all was lost, and I guarantee you that not one player is not excited to come back and try it over again under Hue. Playcalling you could argue back and forth about who is/was better, but I do know that although Hue has to improve in some areas, Pryor reached 1000 yards, and Crow avg right under 5 yards per carry with a patched up offensive line and a merry go round QB carousel.

- Did you just say that Troy P was the most overrated player in NFL history?

- You mention that good/ great coaches have taken a young team and were able to get them to play disciplined. I'd like concrete examples of a team fresh off of hiring a new coach, fresh off of truly hitting the reset button on their roster, and give me their record.

- I can't justify Gregg Williams bounty gate; However, I am certain that he isn't the only coach in nfl history to try and hurt opposing teams players to get an advantage.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
Elway has another ring from the foundation McDaniels set in Denver

Wow...

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Jacksonville planning to hire Doug Marrone as HC, league sources tell ESPN.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/818559732386566144

smirk

Tackles are tackles.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
j/c:

smirk

Fix Bortles or you're fired.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

smirk

That's a very daunting task.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Not sure if Jax fans care enough to have a message board, but can you imagine the nicknames for Marrone should the team continue to lose games? blush

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
j/c:

smirk

He already claimed one victim (I'm not sure how the GM survived).

Bortles basically has one more year. If he is not good in 2017, then I wouldn't be surprised if Marrone is one and done and Caldwell is fired. That means a full rebuild.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Well, I think that Bortles still can be a good qb.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Marrone seems like an underwhelming hire to me. Maybe Jacksonville is like the Browns, sans Hue Jackson hire--unable to attract the people they want to interview and have to settle with someone towards the bottom of the list. Marrone was already on staff so there is something to say about that and working with Bortles, I guess.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

Washington RedskinsVerified account
‏@Redskins
#Redskins interviewed long-time @NFL coach Mike Pettine for defensive coordinator position today.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Marrone seems like an underwhelming hire to me. Maybe Jacksonville is like the Browns, sans Hue Jackson hire--unable to attract the people they want to interview and have to settle with someone towards the bottom of the list. Marrone was already on staff so there is something to say about that and working with Bortles, I guess.

Marrone did a real nice job with the Jill's ... he's a real a-hole ... thinks hes the smartest man in every room and everyone in it needs to listen to him and shut up ...

There's arrogance ... they say he's on an entirely different level when it comes to arrogance ...

But ... he did a good job with the Jill's ...

And if he took the job with Bortles there ... he thinks he can fix him ... we'll find out if thats ego or fact ...

Can u say ... bite off more than he could chew ... wink ...

Legend
Legend
j/c:

smirk

First thing you'll need is a bortle opener.

#GMSTRONG
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Tom Coughlin got a front office job with the Jaguars. I think he is Executive Vice President of Football Operations.

That seems like a disaster. The dude is 70 years old and has only been a coach.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Age discrimination?

Coughlin is very detail oriented and no nonsense.

I don't know if it will be good or bad, but I think hiring a lawyer w/no real experience on the football side of things to head your organization sounds potentially more disastrous than hiring Coughlin as Executive Vice President of Football Operations.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wanted us to bring in Coughlin last year to take over as head of this organization and steer us in the right direction

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend

I do too. I think that he needs a lot more fine tuning than rebuilding.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

I do too. I think that he needs a lot more fine tuning than rebuilding.

He has never been good. 2015 was a farce.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Coach "movement"

Link Copied to Clipboard