Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Roman, McCoy and Musgrave all off the board.

He who hesitates is lost...staffing isn't everything but its hella important....who's left?

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: edromeo

He who hesitates is lost...staffing isn't everything but its hella important....who's left?

None of those guys were coming. Roman was a rumor, but nothing substantial.

Many have said it all along, no one big name is coming if they can't call plays.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: edromeo

None of those guys were coming. Roman was a rumor, but nothing substantial.

Many have said it all along, no one big name is coming if they can't call plays.

Thats what i thought ... did u see Musgrave is QB coach? .. Roman is run game coordinator ... none of them got jobs calling plays ...

Oh well ... plenty of good coaches out there we've never heard of ... hopefully Hue can find one of them ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
Who the hell would want to work for the Browns when all they do is blame the coaches every freaking year for the poor talent each FO puts on the field?

I am not kidding, bro.........I am growing to hate this team. I was talking to my brother on the phone just a bit ago and told him the same thing. I only root for the Browns anymore because it's all I have ever known.

Everything about this organization stinks. They keep doing the same dumb ass things and expect different results. Firing coaches has worked so well for us in the past. rolleyes

And I think coming on this board and reading all of the dumb takes about how smart we are for firing guys only adds more fuel to the fire of me not liking this team.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Who the hell would want to work for the Browns when all they do is blame the coaches every freaking year for the poor talent each FO puts on the field?

I am not kidding, bro.........I am growing to hate this team. I was talking to my brother on the phone just a bit ago and told him the same thing. I only root for the Browns anymore because it's all I have ever known.

Everything about this organization stinks. They keep doing the same dumb ass things and expect different results. Firing coaches has worked so well for us in the past. rolleyes

And I think coming on this board and reading all of the dumb takes about how smart we are for firing guys only adds more fuel to the fire of me not liking this team.

It's not too late.

You could become the number 1 LA Charger Fan right now!

Hopefully on a message board far, far, away.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Sorry Coach B. I am staying here.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sorry Coach B. I am staying here.

Whoever Coach B is, I gotta like the guy if the two of you butted heads in the past.

Was he a real coach or a track coach like you?

V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't coach anything. And what is wrong w/track coaches?

What do you coach, Coach B?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There's nothing wrong with track coaches unless they proclaim themselves to be football experts and call everyone else on the boards morons because they don't agree.

How many different arguments do you have going on the board simultaneously right noW? 5? 6?

One day a ref is going to figure out the common denominator to all the chaos that goes on around here and you'll probably have no choice but to go to that Chargers board.

V
Legend
Legend
V
You know what, Dep. While the 5 or 6 of you battle me.........I guarantee you that more people would rather read my football takes than the 5 or 6 of you.

Perhaps if you guys were able to handle an opposing viewpoint and stop making this so personal, this board would be much better off? If you think that you can throw a haymaker at me and I am supposed to passively accept it..............think again.

I despise bullies like you and the rest of The Others.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Hey!
Listen up.
His football posts are an asset. Vers is our John McEnroe, a mad genius who can go on a tangent once in awhile, but is fun to have around.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You know what, Dep. While the 5 or 6 of you battle me.........I guarantee you that more people would rather read my football takes than the 5 or 6 of you.

Perhaps if you guys were able to handle an opposing viewpoint and stop making this so personal, this board would be much better off? If you think that you can throw a haymaker at me and I am supposed to passively accept it..............think again.

I despise bullies like you and the rest of The Others.

Says the guy that bullies everyone that he doesn't agree with.

Despite your claims otherwise, you have to use an air freshener when you get off the pot like the rest of us.

I know you are in your 50's or 60's but you act like a 12 year old that desperately needs attention.

V
Legend
Legend
V
"Says the guy..."

LMAO....................there are about 5 or 6 of you who start posts w/that stupid ass line all the time.

Who freaking talks that way?

And again..................wanna bet that more people like reading my football posts than yours?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And you still don't understand why.

Well maybe you do understand and just don't care.

You continuously bait other posters on this board, make fun of anyone that doesn't agree with you, name drop those same 5 or 6 guys to get them agitated and once you have them agitated try to vilify their posts to the rest of the board.

This board is some kind of ego contest with you and you'll do whatever it takes to bring the rest of us down to your level.

Well have it today buddy, because you could have the football content of Vince Lombardi and it still wouldn't be worth wading through the piles of your crap I have to read to get to it.

You win today. Pat yourself on the back. I just don't feel like your BS today and will find other things to do than to read this crap.

D
Legend
Legend
D

Your 100% correct Vers ... no doubt u forgot more about football than your "posse" (especially this one .. not sure he's ever made a decent football post .. well at least up until i stopped reading him cause it was a waste of time .. ) ...

But here's the problem Vers ... i for one am about done sifting through 35 of your posts for 2 football takes ... its getting OLD ...

U blame them ... well Vers .. there only 1/2 the problem .. your the one that CHOOSES to reply to their CRAP ....

Seriously bro .. for every football posts u have 10 - 20 replies directed at your posse in one way or another ...

So your correct ... i would say 90% of the board wants to read your FOOTBALL TAKES ... but not a single one of us could care less about what U or your posse are "wasting our time on" on about 90% of your posts lately ...

They've been a waste of time .. U are turning yourself into a waste of time by letting them distract U for why were all here ...

Based on how Deputy acts ... i'd say he's a teenager .. and i'm not being a jerk here .. i seriously think that .. why u indulging someone who is either acting like a kid or is actually a kid? ..

THATS ON U BRO ...

Sorry my friend .. someone had to say it ...

Love your football .. but the takes are getting fewer and farther between ...

Legend
Legend
so....how are we all feeling about the new hire for the Bills and Chargers?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1221399 01/14/17 02:59 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
Chargers was kind of shocking to me. I'm surprised Shanny hasn't gotten a job ... maybe SF

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Chargers was kind of shocking to me. I'm surprised Shanny hasn't gotten a job ... maybe SF

It looks like the 49ers are going after McDaniels.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

It doesn't seem like there is a HOT coordinator in the running this year. Joseph & Lynn were relative unknowns until last week.

Shoot...Phillips is the hottest coordinator name available and he's staying at DC in his new gig. All these openings over two years and Shanahan isn't getting a sniff. The Coughlin hire as VP might be the biggest name to actually get hired.

Odd.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Shanahan must be a bad interviewee or something. The resume is there but not getting much interest it seems

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
M
Legend
Legend
M

And a legit landing spot for JG if McDaniels gets it.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

Nate Ulrich
‏@NateUlrichABJ
#Browns will likely turn to veteran coach Bob Wylie, an ally of Hue Jackson, in hopes of finding magic on O-line http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-brow...o-line-1.740300

#gmstrong
Pdawg #1221519 01/14/17 07:35 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good article. I enjoyed watching the videos.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Pdawg #1221625 01/15/17 01:16 AM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

Nate Ulrich
‏@NateUlrichABJ
#Browns will likely turn to veteran coach Bob Wylie, an ally of Hue Jackson, in hopes of finding magic on O-line http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-brow...o-line-1.740300

Wylie has been out of the NFL for several years.

Legend
Legend
Browns add DeWayne Walker as defensive backs coach; Bob Wylie in mix for offensive line coach | cleveland.com
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss...art_river_index

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has secured the first piece of the team's new defensive coaching staff. DeWayne Walker, fired by new Jacksonville Jaguars coach Doug Marrone earlier this week, will take over as defensive backs coach.

Walker replaces Louie Cioffi, let go earlier in the week. The Browns have not yet announced the move.

The Browns might also have a new offensive line coach soon. Alex Marvez of The Sporting News reported Friday night that Bob Wylie is the choice to replace Hal Hunter, let go earlier in the week. As of Saturday morning, a person with knowledge of the situation said that Wylie is in the mix but has not yet been hired.

The 65-year-old Wylie previously worked with Browns head coach Hue Jackson in the same role during Jackson's lone season as Oakland head coach. Wylie most recently was the offensive line coach for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League. His NFL stops as an assistant include Tampa Bay, Cincinnati, Chicago, Arizona and Denver.

Walker, 56, previously crossed paths with Jackson at the University of California. Jackson was the offensive coordinator there in 1996, one of the two seasons Walker spent as a defensive backs coach.

Walker spent the last three seasons with the Jaguars. Former Browns safety Tashaun Gipson, who signed with Jacksonville last off-season, tweeted on Friday, "Cleveland got a legit one! Congrats coach Walk!! Major!!"

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Pdawg #1221673 01/15/17 10:13 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

Nate Ulrich
‏@NateUlrichABJ

I didn't realize that Wilford Brimley had a brother.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Gipson tweeted out his praise for Walker. Anybody know much about him other than what the official bios/articles say?

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Gipson tweeted out his praise for Walker. Anybody know much about him other than what the official bios/articles say?

He was the defensive coordinator for UCLA back in the day and everyone love him.

UCLA was pretty bad at the time. It was when they had players like Alterraun Verner and Akeem Ayers. Walker ended getting a head coaching gig at New Mexico State after his time at UCLA. I don't know what happened to him there, but the team was terrible (10-41).

From there I lost track of him, but apparently he's been coaching defensive backs for the Jaguars.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Quote:
Another note on Bob Wylie: he designs the OL schemes for Madden. Has for years. @EASPORTS considers him the go-to guy for blocking schemes.

https://twitter.com/BlueBomberTalk/status/820407131652427777

E
Legend
Legend
E
I think its a unit...
We don't have an Interior OL and OT coaches.
Usually FS makes the coverage calls.

Nice to hear we got a good coach, going by Gipson who sounds to still have some love for the Browns!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Weird.

Quote:
Very quietly, Jaguars interviewed former 49ers HC Chip Kelly for their HC job before ultimately hiring Doug Marrone, per league sources.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/820669251900076032

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Two new coaches:

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/1/14/1...sive-assistants

Blake Williams (Greg Williams' son) is our new linebackers coach and Jerod Kruse will be a defensive assistant.

Legend
Legend
Weird.

Quote:
Very quietly, Jaguars interviewed former 49ers HC Chip Kelly for their HC job before ultimately hiring Doug Marrone, per league sources.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/820669251900076032
lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
that would've been some news if he got hired, for sure.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I'll be interested to see where Horton ends up ... probably as a DB coach somewhere

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
At least we aren't the only disaster in the league. Teams like the Colts and 49ers are here to keep us company.

The Colts apparently tried to hire Jon Gruden as their head coach and Peyton Manning as their head man in charge (I don't know what his title would have been). The problem with that is they still have a coach and GM employed by the team. Oof. Nothing like trying to hire someone behind your back to give you confidence.

The 49ers basically have two candidates left for their head coach opening, Tom Cable and Kyle Shanahan. Shanahan seems like a good option, but if he walks away then they are left with their third choice (Josh McDaniels pulled out of contention for the job).

We can also add the Chargers to the list of horrible franchises for reasons I don't have to mention.

Fun times!

V
Legend
Legend
V
If I were a well thought of HC in the making, there would be no way I would go to SF. I wouldn't go to the Browns or Rams either.

Indy would intrigue me because of Luck, but their owner is a turd and I don't know if I could trust him.

I don't think the Chargers are that bad. They have a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball and lost a lot of close games last year. The city thing stinks, but I don't know if most coaches put a whole lot of stock in that.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If I were a well thought of HC in the making, there would be no way I would go to SF. I wouldn't go to the Browns or Rams either.

Indy would intrigue me because of Luck, but their owner is a turd and I don't know if I could trust him.

I don't think the Chargers are that bad. They have a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball and lost a lot of close games last year. The city thing stinks, but I don't know if most coaches put a whole lot of stock in that.

Most Head Coaches get 5 year contracts at about $4 mil plus a year. Losing teams usually heavily guarantee that offer on the event the coach is fired.

Young head coaches in the making will take the "bird in the hand" if they don't have another offer on the table. Things out of their control can make them look bad the next season and they might not get any offers again.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Quote:
New Browns defensive coordinator Gregg Williams hires his son

Posted by Zac Jackson on January 16, 2017, 12:35 PM EST

The Browns are hiring Blake Williams as their new linebackers coach and Jerod Kruse as assistant defensive backs coach, per multiple reports.

Williams is the son of Gregg Williams, who was hired as the Browns’ defensive coordinator earlier this month. The Browns have made staff changes on both sides of the ball since the end of last season.

Blake Williams worked under his father with both the Saints and Rams. He’s spent the last four seasons coaching in the college ranks, the last two at Southeastern Louisiana.

Kruse will work under DeWayne Walker, who was hired as the secondary coach last week. Kruse also coached at Southeastern Louisiana.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-hires-his-son/

Awesome! rolleyes

E
Legend
Legend
E
I know its like when Mike Shannahan hired his son. Bum Phillips hired his son Wade. wink

It could be a good thing.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Coach "movement"

Link Copied to Clipboard